• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 17, 2019-- (NASDAQ:AMZN)This year, Prime Day was once again the largest shopping event in Amazon history with more than one million deals exclusively for Prime members. Over the two days of Prime Day, on July 15 and 16, sales surpassed the previous Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined. Prime members purchased more than 175 million items throughout the event. Prime Day was also the biggest event ever for Amazon devices, when comparing two-day periods – top-selling deals worldwide were Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.

• Amazon welcomed more new Prime members on July 15 than any previous day, and almost as many on July 16 – making these the two biggest days ever for member signups.
  • Prime members worldwide saved more than one billion dollars throughout Prime Day.
  • Prime members purchased more than 100,000 lunchboxes, 100,000 laptops, 200,000 TVs, one million headphones, 350,000 luxury beauty products, 400,000 pet products, 650,000 household cleaning supplies, and more than one million toys.
  • Over 100 million paid Prime members

Prime Day Best Sellers by Country
  • United States: LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, Instant Pot DUO60, and 23andMe Health + Ancestry kits
  • United Kingdom: Sony PlayStation Classic Console, Oral-B SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush, and Shark Vacuum Cleaner
  • Mexico: Nintendo Switch, HP Monitor 22w Borderless, and Nautica Travel Sport Eau de Toilette Spray
  • Japan: Happy Belly Water, Anker PowerCore 10,000 Mobile Battery, and Pampers Premium Protection Diapers
  • Canada: PlayStation 4 Slim with Spiderman and Horizon Zero Dawn, LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, and 23andMe Health + Ancestry kits
  • Australia: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Finish Powerball All-in-1 Max Dishwasher Tablets, and Huggies Ultra Dry Nappies

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Prime Day Best Sellers by Country
United Kingdom: Sony PlayStation Classic Console

Literally a big budget flea market.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason, the photography profession entered a golden age of prosperity.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I bought 1 set of protein bars and that was it... Looks like the boycott didn't do much lol. I would have bought a ton of cameras and lenses for $100 each if I had known about the glitch at 2 AM (I was up at the time), damnit...

Oct 25, 2017
So they'll pay taxes now right?
shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Something about these makes me think there will be some unforeseen social consequences, particularly in regards to health insurance, but I could be paranoid.
You are justified in being paranoid. Those DNA kits have already allowed the police to track down potential suspects for cold cases because of relatives doing the kits. That information will get out there, including health insurance companies coming up with new excuses to reject valid claims.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I wonder if people will revolt if one day we learn that DNA company is selling that information. What if they make clones?! Can they?

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
surprised at all the dna tests...thats really gonna come back to bite ppl in the ass (and their family's asses)

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Imagine generating like $8bn just from your paying subscribers, but then you also operate the world's biggest store and other shit

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't launch Amazon but it turns out a book I had preorder released on that day I'm an accidental enemy of the workers.

🙈

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Now that they finally have their LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, millions of people are about to go camping/backpacking for the first time.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's less that the strike didn't work and more that there's too many goddamn people who subscribe to Amazon.

I mean, I'm one of them. But I also held the line.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
People don't care about others working conditions as long as they get their stuff cheaper. I doubt this will ever change.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon Prime member, but would not participate. I wish people would just take a few seconds to think how much, or if they really "need" these items they are buying, and if they need them in 1-day shipping. I don't think people understand that 1-day shipping isn't "free" because they are a prime member, we are going to have to pay that tax in the future with our glutenous lifestyle now.

I am not for banning amazon, but people ordering a few items everyday under 1-day shipping is ridiculous and completely unsustainable.

Oct 25, 2017
The entire world: Who gives a shit about workers.

Most people had no idea there was a strike, and the strike was only one day, for a few hours, at a fulfillment center that like 1% of the orders or less would use. I participated in the boycott for the two days, but I don't think there's any real standard at all for what to do when something is that limited in scope and duration.