• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Infinite's playerbase on PC will also be split between Steam and WinStore

Yeah, but even if you pooled the various PC distribution to one place, I just don't think its THAT big of a deal for people as the other poster presumes. MCC was, and yet it still didn't create as big of a response as New World has. We'll see of course, but at least with the folks I play with, no one cares enough.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
is it anything like runescape

runescape and dark ages are the only mmos i ever played for extended periods of time

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Day Two. 723,529 concurrent players. Amazon keep putting up fresh servers and they get filled instantly.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
There are random campfires littered outside town gates.

You can cut down every fucking tree you see.
unknown.png

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
It's been fun watching people play this but with Endwalker coming out here soon, not feeling the need to invest in a new MMOs. Curious to see what numbers will be like after Endwalker.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Man it's weird, I grind my ass off constantly in destiny, and even though they aren't the same game by any means I thought I'd have more staying power on this one.

13hrs in at level 20 and hot damn would having a story worth giving a damn about at all be such a tall order? I'm all for grind but even destiny has a genuinely good story after all this time. All the quests boil down to the same basic tasks, go here, kill x number of enemies and open chests, and that's basically it.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
It's been fun watching people play this but with Endwalker coming out here soon, not feeling the need to invest in a new MMOs. Curious to see what numbers will be like after Endwalker.
FFXIV's all time peak is less than 70k ccu, it'll be interesting to see if Endwalker can crack 100k, I don't think it's release gonna have any meaningful impact on New World.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Man it's weird, I grind my ass off constantly in destiny, and even though they aren't the same game by any means I thought I'd have more staying power on this one.

13hrs in at level 20 and hot damn would having a story worth giving a damn about at all be such a tall order? I'm all for grind but even destiny has a genuinely good story after all this time. All the quests boil down to the same basic tasks, go here, kill x number of enemies and open chests, and that's basically it.
This started as a colonial rust clone. I was in those alphas. Though it was progressed to be more than that it's end game is very much PvP for now. Will be interesting to see where they take it from here but I imagine it will be a long time before they have some meaningful PvE content.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This started as a colonial rust clone. I was in those alphas. Though it was progressed to be more than that it's end game is very much PvP for now. Will be interesting to see where they take it from here but I imagine it will be a long time before they have some meaningful PvE content.
There is already another Map region done and more weapon types expected potentially by end of year

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
There is already another Map region done and more weapon types expected potentially by end of year
Which is great but if there's still no actual story worth caring about idk if I'll be able to keep playing. Not saying the game is bad I just want/need a bit more than pvp and grind to do long term.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
913.6K Peak today. Its funny cause it STILL is only the 5th most concurrently played game on STEAM. Either you're at 1m CCU to make any inroads towards the top 4 or you stay where you are lol..

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Damn and its not even peak time. It will be 400+ in a few hours. MMO thirst is real

Literally happens with every mmorpg launch. People are always thirsty for new mmo's. Aion, Warhammer, Age of Conan, SWTOR, all had absolutely massive launches.

Problem is now the space has dried up so much that we buy whatever that comes to the front door because it's all we have left of a dying genre. Everyone's moved onto hub based GaaS type titles.

time and content delivery will tell whether this game is holding above 50k concurrent 3 months from now.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Literally happens with every mmorpg launch. People are always thirsty for new mmo's. Aion, Warhammer, Age of Conan, SWTOR, all had absolutely massive launches.

Problem is now the space has dried up so much that we buy whatever that comes to the front door because it's all we have left of a dying genre. Everyone's moved onto hub based GaaS type titles.

time and content delivery will tell whether this game is holding above 50k concurrent 3 months from now.

From what i saw, the amazon team did an amazing job since the delay. They released a big update every month.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
FFXIV's all time peak is less than 70k ccu, it'll be interesting to see if Endwalker can crack 100k, I don't think it's release gonna have any meaningful impact on New World.
FFXIV is not just on Steam, it has a standalone client on PC and it's on PS4/5. Low Steam numbers won't really tell the whole story.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
FFXIV is not just on Steam, it has a standalone client on PC and it's on PS4/5. Low Steam numbers won't really tell the whole story.

It also took years before it even hit steam as well. Most folks won't lock themselves into that ecosystem if they already own the game on PC normally. The fact that it does that high due to that is still amazing

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Down to 654K ccu today. Really curious to see what numbers will look like in a couple of months after honeymoon period.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
My friends and I have been talking about the level 30 rut in this game since it released (and this was feedback that they got in beta constantly). By level 30 you've seen damn near everything the game has to offer. The enemy variety is awful, you have access to all of your weapon skills by this point, and the armor/weapon skins aren't diverse enough (nor is there a wardrobe function to let you preview higher level gear) to add meaningful goals. Even crafting requires a shitload of the basic materials that you get from the early level zones.

As it stands, the base of the game is acceptable--even good--but there's just no meat on these bones right now. Even the PVP doesn't change much as you progress through levels, the only difference is that at level 60 you gain access to the battleground equivalent of PVP so you aren't relying on open world or wars.

New zones and new weapons aren't going to change much because the first real rut hits at the middle levels of the game. The challenge is going to be retaining players to the cap that takes a while to achieve. You'll be doing the same thing for a very long time. There's a reason most, if not all, MMOs have long term character-based goals. Once you run out of noticeable progression, it just gets boring. Even the grindiest of games maintain that progression system as you advance.