• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I leave for a fucking hour to take care of something at work and come back and a thread titled AMD Financial Analyst Day turns into a console sales thread. WTF???

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
any info about high end pc GPUs?

I believe I heard AMD 'and partners' will have RDNA2 products later this year. I assume that refers to PC vendor partners and RDNA2 cards.

RDNA3 is in development. Aiming for another 50% improvement in performance per watt, and new features, vs RDNA2. New node, it seems. 2021+.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
The sales numbers thread that spawned from the event was merged into this thread.
Do Mod's just want chaos? No reason for them to merge it with this thread. I am not a Mod so I don't know what goes into the decision making, but seems like they like chaos and console warring. I guess some people do want to see the world burn. lol. Hopefully something good comes out so the sales talk goes away from the thread.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Holy shit at those RDNA2 increases.

Also, N7, N7P, N7+ are all 7nm. To get more specific would tie it to a manufacturer which AMD doesn't want to do.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Math.
Sony is at 108.9m and AMD said 150m so the difference is 41.1m.
But if AMD is using a rounded number like Zhuge claims I don't know so we can only trust him in that case.
And honestly it's not like 50m changes the situation. Xbox One has been a disaster for MS in terms of sales.

Disaster is far too strong. It cant be a disaster when it still gets all major 3rd party titles from Ubi etc.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
capturedhksw.png

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Thank god for that. Enjoy your ignorance.
To be fair to the person you're quoting, you never once offered any articles/evidence that you can't while they offered evidence that you can.

So... as a third party bystander, it appears you are the wrong one (at least until you provide evidence).

That's not an attack on you, just a statement of how logical arguments work. That being said, I would really like to learn whether you can or can't, and google searching shows me that you can. Do you have something I can read that show you can't? I would like to learn more.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
"We have developed all-new hardware-accelerated ray tracing as part of RDNA 2. It is a common architecture used in next-generation game consoles. With that, you will greatly simplify the content development that developers can develop for one platform and easily port it to the other.

"This will definitely help speed up the adoption.

"We also provide lower-level API support that gives more control to the developers so that they can extract more performance from the underlying hardware platform. This will help mitigate the performance concerns of ray tracing."

--David Wang, AMD

UENy5Fh.jpg

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Can we say the consoles were huge gets for AMD since PS4?

They can leverage that in the PC, it gives them a huge base, etc.

Honestly it's other factors, but AMD has been on a huge turnaround and consoles cant be ignored. I wonder if Nvidia is taking any note. I dont put switch in same category as PS/Xbox.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Someone in the audience just coughed and the guy looked around nervously

CypressFX

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
"We have developed all-new hardware-accelerated ray tracing as part of RDNA 2. It is a common architecture used in next-generation game consoles. With that, you will greatly simplify the content development that developers can develop for one platform and easily port it to the other.

"This will definitely help speed up the adoption.

"We also provide lower-level API support that gives more control to the developers so that they can extract more performance from the underlying hardware platform. This will help mitigate the performance concerns of ray tracing."

--David Wang, AMD

UENy5Fh.jpg
This should debunk the PS5 is RDNA 1 or 1.5.

RT is clearly part of RDNA2, and thus PS5 has it too.

BTW: People really think Microarchitectures are a one day thing to do.....

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
The API, yeah. Sony will have its own APIs, and RT API, for PS5, which may well involve AMD input too.
It will more than likely just be a cut down version of Vulkan RT API which is being standardized right now between all h/w vendors.
Unless Sony want some very special RT API which will make cross porting hard and won't get them anything else since the h/w is the same.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
It will more than likely just be a cut down version of Vulkan RT API which is being standardized right now between all h/w vendors.
Unless Sony want some very special RT API which will make cross porting hard and won't get them anything else since the h/w is the same.

I'm sure it will be syntactically, and in terms of behaviour, very similar to everything out there already, of course,

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Btw it's likely PS5/Xbox Series X also use some form of AMD's Infinity Fabric tech. The way they describe it makes it seem like a perfect fit. Everything is synergized on a tremendous level.

The slide is talking about 3rd-gen Infinity architecture that'll be used in CDNA enterprise compute platforms, but the gist of it is there. This could be next-gen's real software driver.

4WIt3QZ.jpg

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair to the person you're quoting, you never once offered any articles/evidence that you can't while they offered evidence that you can.

So... as a third party bystander, it appears you are the wrong one (at least until you provide evidence).

That's not an attack on you, just a statement of how logical arguments work. That being said, I would really like to learn whether you can or can't, and google searching shows me that you can. Do you have something I can read that show you can't? I would like to learn more.
There's this thing called Google. A first result you get in it on "mining bitcoins on a gpu" will do.