• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AZ Greg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine working full-time with multiple college degrees and still having to choose whether or not you can afford basic groceries that paycheck, all while the rich are deciding between their 11th or 12th yacht.

I don't need to imagine it. I graduated with my bachelor's in 2008 during a shit economy with college loans. I had to take an entry level call center job and work my way up from there, all while having some of my wages garnished for a period due to said college loans.

And you can call it a case of "got mine" but the other side of the coin, looking to constantly find something to blame, is just as bad along with being highly self destructive.

As someone who has been a part of this community and it's predecessor for 15 years, through 8 years of a liberal president as well, the misery and suffering is just the same. Only now, it's trendy to put all blame on society. 🤷🏻‍♂️

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
It's a simple fact that my parents' generation got to play on easy mode. My dad went to state university via night school (does this even exist anymore?) and landed a fairly prestigious job in a bank. My mom went to a barely accredited college, got a degree in biology and ended up running a group home afterwards, despite having no medical or mental health expertise. That would never happen today. I attended better schools by far, received better grades and could barely land a minimum wage job after I graduated during the recession. I've just been crawling through oil since then.

Oh, and my aunt is a nurse whose pension pays her more than I make in a year, and more than I'm ever likely to make on my career trajectory.

So if I want to spend all my money on DVDs and Gundams, fuck it.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're almost at the point where might is going to make right in the US.
The odds of the US staying a nation of laws is decreasing week by week.

My life so far has went ok, but I feel like I'm the last of the Boomers in terms of how it worked for me. I know no one younger who had it as good as I have it, and I'm in my 40s!

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Monday through Friday I have between 17-18 hour days from the point I wake up until I go to bed...

Saturday's, I work a second job helping my brother.

any free time I spend time studying.