• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that she's pretending or what happened or to what extent, we don't have all the info. If she lied he can bring charges.
6esfkNX.png

That's pretty clear.

She accused Andy Signore of raping her "because i wanted to make sure no harm would come to any more women".

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had he not been a creep to multiple women none of this would have happened, this isn't some "mob justice" thing, he did something objectively wrong.
Yes, he flirted online when he was married and cheated on his wife. He shouldn't have done that. I am pretty sure he realizes that too.

None of that justifies what April did.

Not only did you not address my question, you also just put a bunch of words in my mouth. You're showing your hand, my dude.

Your question was stupid and not worth addressing. If you do not already understand how harmful false rape accusation can be, I don't think any explaining will be useful.

But keep going with these nazi implications. You are showing your hand dude.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously does anyone here know of Geeks and Gamers? They are an alt-right pro-Trump extremely anti-feminist popular YouTube channel.

Andy is going to work with them. That is a MAJOR red flag that's he hasn't learned anything.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
He would have still almost certainly lost all of that any way because he was caught sexually harassing women. That is more enough for most people to get fired and have their wife and kids leave them no?
I've already acknowledged that.

This would have been avoided had he remained faithful

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Oh wow, not a name I thought I would hear again. Fair enough to defend yourself from the awful accusation. And I definitely understand the point about that assault accusation making those approaches towards other women seem even more sinister/creepy. I think it's happening a bit in that recent Tarantino thread too, also happens in plenty of other discussions.
Seriously does anyone here know of Geeks and Gamers? They are an alt-right pro-Trump extremely anti-feminist popular YouTube channel.

Andy is going to work with them. That is a MAJOR red flag that's he hasn't learned anything.
Oof, I don't know them. But I was worried something like this would happen, sigh.
Edit: Geeeze, just started a video on the channel where dude has an issue with Cheadle's comments on Trump.
Edit 2: Oh, "gets woke", "goes full SJW". Great fucking channel. I thought Screen Junkies was rather diverse and inclusive during Signore, weird to pivot like that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it strange that we're just throwing his other, completely true accusations out the window, and started villainizing "the woman".

Yes, what she did is wrong but I find it strange how quick it was to turn on her. The closest situation I can think of is what happened to George Takei, which was arguably worse since he's a more public figure, but since the accuser was male it just sort of went unignored. Honestly I doubt it's the full story anyway. If he really could defend himself well, it wouldn't have took him two years and it's clear the reason why he was fired wasn't for this specific situation but his overall behavior. Sidenote: He was an obnoxious shit on Screenjunkies and the reason why I unsubscribed a few years ago. Hearing that he's working for an alt-right outlet, the kind of audience that soaks this story up, also doesn't help.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Had he not been a creep to multiple women none of this would have happened, this isn't some "mob justice" thing, he did something objectively wrong.

A lie is a lie. He didn't rape anyone and no matter how many posts like this you make, it won't make the lie true.

Conflating anything else with "well it's his fault someone decided to lie about him" is downright laughable.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
I find it strange that we're just throwing his other, completely true accusations out the window, and started villainizing "the woman".

Yes, what she did is wrong but I find it strange how quick it was to turn on her. The closest situation I can think of is what happened to George Takei, which was arguably worse since he's a more public figure, but since the accuser was male it just sort of went unignored. Honestly I doubt it's the full story anyway. If he really could defend himself well, it wouldn't have took him two years and it's clear the reason why he was fired wasn't for this specific situation but his overall behavior. Sidenote: He was an obnoxious shit on Screenjunkies and the reason why I unsubscribed a few years ago. Hearing that he's working for an alt-right outlet, the kind of audience that soaks this story up, also doesn't help.

Not saying your other points are wrong, but he starts the video saying that his lawyer only allowed him to speak now at this point. That sounds plausible.

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018

What took two years was getting a settlement. I don't think defending himself from her took his team more than a day.

And the reason people are turning on her hard is because she gave a detailed account of lies. So detailed it fell apart easily

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018

Someone asked why he couldn't show the text messages earlier and he legally wasn't allowed. Recently he settled with Defy media and because of that he can do whatever he wants.

The reason he's a guest on that youtube channel was also a question someone asked. His response was that other outlets aren't interested in his story. He's still jobless

His new youtube channel is going nowhere so he probably needs to find a "real" job soon

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
A lie is a lie. He didn't rape anyone and no matter how many posts like this you make, it won't make the lie true.

Conflating anything else with "well it's his fault someone decided to lie about him" is downright laughable.
I think what's so interesting about responses like this is how apparent the desire is to see this trash can of a man as innocent.

A bunch of verified creepy abusive behavior, but then you throw in a single false accusation and you get matter of fact statements like "he didn't rape anyone"

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
I think what's so interesting about responses like this is how apparent the desire is to see this trash can of a man as innocent.

A bunch of verified creepy abusive behavior, but then you throw in a single false accusation and you get matter of fact statements like "he didn't rape anyone"

Creepy and rape are different. How is this hard for you, RedMercury and others to understand? You really are ok with people being labelled as rapists even when there is overwhelming evidence they are not?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Nah, it shows that he learned one big thing: If you lose the illusion of respectability because you decided to be a garbage human being, then the best thing to do is wallow in the filth because there's a BIG audience of people just as repugnant as you, willing to give their full support to your self-inflicted plight.

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018

Because there is a massive difference between terrible attempts of a married man sliding into DMs and raping someone?

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reason he's a guest on that youtube channel was also a question someone asked. His response was that other outlets aren't interested in his story. He's still jobless
It's almost like they took his story because their audience of shitheads eat these kind of stories like candy. What she did was wrong, but it's also the framing going on here, as well as parsing out the bad apples that want to discredit #metoo outright that makes it hard to actually have a good-faith discussion on this.

Since it doesn't change the other accusations, I'd say it's best not to forgive this dude so easily, and always believe sexual assault and harassment victims regardless.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

If that's his choice then fuck him. At the same time, who else is going to hire this guy? Lol. The alt-right is made up of bitter, resentful, and extremely fragile men who want to protect their privilege while also being coddled into thinking their sexist, racist, and misogynistic views are ok and are objective truth (with an alarming amount of women that appease them (usually white women). No one here based off what I have read has handwaved his wrongs.

At the same time though, ERA has this habit of painting anyone in the grey on these situations as compliant with these shitheads and it is damaging. I really don't see how saying false rape accusations are bad and being aware of how she might have used that lie to be manipulative in her actions. Gas-lighting is a thing and so is lying to control a situation by any means. Being pro-woman does not equal putting them on pedestals and any guy out there dating women would tell you this on the Left or the Right. That's not what equality is-- it is seeing them as our equals. After this story, I am not so sure she is above using people's sympathy, to be honest.

My verdict is that he is trash and she might be a narc. Especially if she was aware that he was married from jump.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

It's not a "desire", it's the truth. You don't have to want this man to not be a rapist, he's not.

He's a creep and she lied about being raped.

The reason you're seeing post like the one you replied to is because you and RedMercury are trying to downplay the fact she lied about being raped. Like, it's just an aside in this whole story. An unimportant footnote.

This dismissive behavior is honestly super fucked up.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Creepy and rape are different. How is this hard for you, RedMercury and others to understand? You really are ok with people being labelled as rapists even when there is overwhelming evidence they are not?
Of course they're different, but a) the fervency with which men went to create as wide of a margin as possible between the 2 and b) the staunch insistence that if this particular accusation was false then he's definitely never raped anyone says a lot about what behavior they're willing to legitimately condemn.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
It's not a "desire", it's the truth. You don't have to want this man to not be a rapist, he's not.

He's a creep and she lied about being raped.

The reason you're seeing post like the one you replied to is because you and RedMercury are trying to downplay the fact she lied about being raped. Like, it's just an aside in this whole story. An unimportant footnote.

This dismissive behavior is honestly super fucked up.
Lol you still don't see it? When you see a man with behavior like this on the record you should not be fucking incredulous at the mere possibility that he has sexually assaulted women. When the issue of whether or not he sexually assaulted a singular accuser becomes the entire issue for you, your priorities are fucked.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I missed this story when it came out. But has this pervy creepy assaulted other women besides April?

EDIT: guessing this has to do with some of the work behavior and not the DMs

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Lol you still don't see it? When you see a man with behavior like this on the record you should not be fucking incredulous at the mere possibility that he has sexually assaulted women. When the issue of whether or not he sexually assaulted a singular accuser becomes the entire issue for you, your priorities are fucked.
When the only person who accused him of rape turns out to have lied about it then, yeah, I'm not just going to assume he's still a rapist just because.

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Behavior like what?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Of course they're different, but a) the fervency with which men went to create as wide of a margin as possible between the 2 and b) the staunch insistence that if this particular accusation was false then he's definitely never raped anyone says a lot about what behavior they're willing to legitimately condemn.

Pretty much. If we ignore the interactions with April, everything else he is accused of, including sexually preying on fans, seems to pan out. The way he was behaving was similar to a lot of harvey weinsteins of the world, because, fundamentally, he was using his power to get what he wants out of people.

He did not cross nor seemed to have any intention to cross the line where he truly becomes a cool, but he was walking like a duck and quacking like a duck. Hell, it's possible that all he really needed was enough time to get used to this sort of behavior.

He's right in one aspect: That the mob mentality means that there is going to be some collateral damage in the wake of getting after real bastards that do this. But the reason people resort to mobs is because women often have no other means of getting back at their abusers, because men like Signore are free to act the way he acted. If Signore really wants to make sure this doesn't happen, he should be advocating for women's rights in the workplace, so that laws are created that prevent this kind of abuse. Make it so powerful men don't have a means of pressuring women, so that women who are pressured have avenues that don't involve sicking a mob at their abuser. Then, when abuse happens and a woman goes on twitter to speak publically about it, people can just say "Okay, well go to HR/the police about it" and have that be an actual action that does something.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
WHY are you itching to prove that this guy has never raped anyone? Like, why is that your goal post lol?
That was my first post in the thread, so I'm not sure what you're taking about. I was asking you a legitimate question, because I read your stance as 'Just because it's been proven he hasn't raped this one girl, it doesn't mean he hasn't raped others', which I found a problematic line of reasoning for obvious reasons.

Obviously the dude is a gross power abuser and sexual harrasser, which is bad enough. I'm questioning your reasoning though in the above with regards to ruling him out as a rapist.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
But keep going with these nazi implications. You are showing your hand dude.

ctrl+f "nazi"
huh
that's interesting

Honestly, though, considering the political leaning of this "geeks and gamers" channel this fellow is apparently working with, maybe there SHOULD be more nazi implications for the subject of this thread...which is exactly why people are taking issue with your comments when nobody else was bringing it up before that.

Now you're just speculating that he might be a rapist?

I believe he is someone whom it is unsafe for women to be around. That we have to consider amongst ourselves exactly what boundary around his behavior exists is something women have to navigate in professional and semi-professional contexts on a daily basis, and I do not blame them for taking a risk-averse stance in these cases.

To put it another way: this speculation happens for people in Signore's situation constantly, and it happens because there are few means by which he can be held accountable for his behavior. And far too often the answer to "might this person be not just a serial sexual harasser or abuser but a rapist?" is, in fact, yes. The whisper campaigns around folks like Signore exist because, on some level, they have to.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
No, I'm saying that being absolutely sure that he has never sexually assaulted anyone is a deeply problematic takeaway.
So now he's guilty until proven innocent? You know, innocent beyond the only accusation against him having been false and no one accusing him of anything beyond creepily sliding into fan's DMs, even though there was ample opportunity to speak up about it to help build a case against him?

I get what you're saying. Maybe victims were afraid despite the opportunity. But your behaviour is analogous to calling someone a pyromaniac because several people saw him light a cig with matches.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
That was my first post in the thread, so I'm not sure what you're taking about. I was asking you a legitimate question, because I read your stance as 'Just because it's been proven he hasn't raped this one girl, it doesn't mean he hasn't raped others', which I found a problematic line of reasoning for obvious reasons.

Obviously the dude is a gross power abuser and sexual harrasser, which is bad enough. I'm questioning your reasoning though in the above with regards to ruling him out as a rapist.
You didn't answer my question. Why do you want to be able to prove that he's never raped anyone? To be clear, that's different from whether he sexually assaulted Amber Dawn.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
So now he's guilty until proven innocent? You know, innocent beyond the only accusation against him having been false and no one accusing him of anything beyond creepily sliding into fan's DMs, even though there was ample opportunity to speak up about it to help build a case against him?

I get what you're saying. Maybe victims were afraid despite the opportunity. But your behaviour is analogous to calling someone a pyromaniac because several people saw him light a cig with matches.
What a fucking awful analogy. You're saying the relationship between lighting a cigarette and arson is the same as predatory sexual harassment and sexual assault, which would mean that you really don't see a problem with the former.

Honestly.

Edit: I suppose one of the interesting differences between arsonists and sexual predators is that men don't defend arsonists on the grounds that they only burn property and belongings but not actual people.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ctrl+f "nazi"
huh
that's interesting

Honestly, though, considering the political leaning of this "geeks and gamers" channel this fellow is apparently working with, maybe there SHOULD be more nazi implications for the subject of this thread...which is exactly why people are taking issue with your comments when nobody else was bringing it up before that.

I thought alt-right is these days a fancy name for nazis.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
But your behaviour is analogous to calling someone a pyromaniac because several people saw him light a cig with matches.

There is a significantly wider gap between these two acts than between what Signore has been accused of and what he has admitted to.
Perhaps we could go with "lit off some fireworks in the Wal-Mart parking lot after midnight". Something reckless and legally dubious but not on the level of, say, burning down someone's house. Even that feels like it's minimizing it.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
You didn't answer my question. Why do you want to be able to prove that he's never raped anyone? To be clear, that's different from whether he sexually assaulted Amber Dawn.
I don't want to prove that he never raped anyone. I want to know how you go from 'Okay, he didn't rape this sole accuser' to 'Doesn't mean he hasn't raped others' when as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong) she was the sole accuser of sexual assault.

I'm literally asking how you justify that line of reasoning for anybody. Not just creepy Signore.

Status
Not open for further replies.