• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
That would be a nice idea but it is not feasible. However, replacing current system with mandatory background checks, weapons usage and safety training (with refreshers), registration and limiting sale of certain types of weapons and ammo allied to a buy back program could in due time lead to retraining of police force where their training focuses mostly on 'De-escalation' like most of all other developing nations and almost ALL of developed nations. It is a shift in cultural attitude.

Best and most realistic scenario really.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Why not start with sensible gun control policies, like requiring a license which requires physical and mental health and aptitude tests, legal tests and both theoretical and practical gun tests, as well as requiring proof of sport activity and regular revisions for said license?

You may very well find it unnecessary to ban certain types of weapons if you only put weapons in general in the hands of those who are at least reasonably likely to not be homicidal maniacs. Spain has a system like this and gun violence is pretty rare.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much every pro gun argument is made in bad faith, this is a great example. Just compares terrorists gun of choice to another killing machine and that somehow proves we shouldn't ban guns.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Not familiar about guns, but are they the same?

Isn't the second one for hunting?

They're both semiautomatic .223 rifles. They fire the same rounds and are functionally almost identical. One just looks scarier than the other.

If people want to pass effective gun legislation, it's worth understanding how guns and gun legislation actually works, but apparently that's too much for some people. The constant stream of misinformation and proposals that would be immediately cockblocked by the courts is going to result in the same bullshit we've been dealing with for decades: inaction, frustration, more death.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, i was wondering why he'd compare the 2, this was gonna go nowhere but down for him. Shame, since i really liked watching his videos. Unsubbed.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
They're both semiautomatic .223 rifles. They fire the same rounds and are functionally almost identical. One just looks scarier than the other.

If people want to pass effective gun legislation, it's worth understanding how guns and gun legislation actually works, but apparently that's too much for some people. The constant stream of misinformation and proposals that would be immediately cockblocked by the courts is going to result in the same bullshit we've been dealing with for decades: inaction, frustration, more death.

From the tweet in question:

Because you dont own guns & dont care anyway, so take them from everyone that does right?

Is Joe talking about effective legislation?

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, fuck off with that shit Joe. An AR-15 is way more lethal due to the amount of rounds it can fire and the way it can be modified to fire much faster, by that logic you might as well prohibit the AR-15 since no one needs more than a hunting rifle.

Fuck insane gun enthusiasts, the US is completely fucked because a sizable amount of people are afraid of losing access to tools for killing. People are murdered at obscene rates compared to the rest of the western world, yet every response is "thoughts and prayers", get your fucking shit together.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Opinions, others might think yours is idiotic as well.
OK? What exactly are you trying to prove here?
This isn't a discussion about pineapple on pizza. Some "opinions" have dire consequences and should be challenged- the mindset of these gun fanatics has resulted in a society that deems it normal to walk into a department store and walk out with firearms. In the vast majority of developed countries this is unthinkable. Tens of thousands of people are getting shot every year and these morons are still concerned about their right to stock up on killing machines.

Also, I couldn't care less if these pieces of shit think my opinion is idiotic. The numbers are out there for everyone to see. If they want to willfully ignore the facts it's pretty obvious who the idiot is.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Lucky for me, I've always found him to be a douche even before I knew his views were trash. One more shitheaded YouTuber to ignore forever.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Time is short. Are we "cancelling" Angry Joe or not? Are you really surprised?

How do YT'ers not have a team that helps them decide the "smart" things to do or say?

I heavily disagree with his statement but this really isn't a 'cancel' worthy moment for Joe. As others have said hes a Texan so the gun views are to be expected. I'll wait and see if hes talking about ZERO regulations like background checks, or going full 'Arm Teachers with Guns' rhetoric before we decide to ban topics on him.
Otherwise he hasn't really done or said anything horribly controversial that wasnt viddy game nonsense. Which is surprising seeing how his whole schtick is being angry.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I heavily disagree with his statement but this really isn't a 'cancel' worthy moment for Joe. As others have said hes a Texan so the gun views are to be expected. I'll wait and see if hes talking about ZERO regulations like background checks, or going full 'Arm Teachers with Guns' rhetoric before we decide to ban topics on him.
Otherwise he hasn't really done or said anything horribly controversial that wasnt viddy game nonsense. Which is surprising seeing how his whole schtick is being angry.
You can be Texan and also be anti-gun culture.

Excusing his behaviour because he's American, or Texan, or whatnot is gross and only perpetuating the problem that is gun violence in America.

Deleted member 36749

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 24, 2017
Atlanta
As someone whose a gun owner..this picture is misleading.

Also its time we put a cap on some of this shit. Some people have whole arsenals in their homes

My fathers retired military and his best friend literally gas a "gun room" in his house thats larger than the average master bedroom. Guy could damn near equip a small militia if he felt like it.

We as a whole are doing to much. I dont want to trade my ability to defend my family, but i also recognize that some of this shit is just TO MUCH.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

Lol.

This is no better than people outside America assuming we all have hard one for firearms lol.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Man, it's too bad it's impossible to regulate firearms on the basis of their capacity, rate of fire, ammunition, and/or muzzle velocity. If only we had the ability to distinguish between guns' capabilities and not just their appearances. Oh well.

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, fuck off with that shit Joe. An AR-15 is way more lethal due to the amount of rounds it can fire
Compared to the mini-14? Not really. AR's are more popular so you tend to have more after market parts for customization, but you can do more alterations to a mini-14 to make it much more similar to the AR including different types of magazine releases so it isnt as awkward, forward grips, different muzzle breaks, adjustable stocks and pistol grips and 100round drums are also available. Inside of 100yards their accuracy is also roughly the same. The only real difference is that the mini doesnt look as intimidating out of the box. Its still a semi-auto magazine fed 5.56 firing rifle.

If you know what youre doing it doesnt make much of a difference regardless. AR's can rack up a large body count, but as it stands the mini14 currently holds the most deaths by one person in human history. Same with pistols too which is what Viginia Tech showed and even shotguns under the right circumstances like what happened in Crimea.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The guy that moaned about SJW's turns out to be a bit of an ass, what a surprise.

Aug 5, 2019
Time is short. Are we "cancelling" Angry Joe or not? Are you really surprised?

How do YT'ers not have a team that helps them decide the "smart" things to do or say?

Because this way youtubers will only say platitudes to please their audience? Some of you either don't realise or it seems that you would actually love to live in a dystopian society.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
First of all I am not for banning guns in general and not necessarily for banning AR-15's and similar guns. What I totally agree with is strong background checks, closing gun show loop holes, and revoking open/concealed carry. If that doesn't reduce Mass shootings then ban certain guns. I am a Texan too.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
They need to start showing what human bodies that have been riddled by bullets from high powered rifles look like on the American news or the slaughter will go on indefinitely. The media totally sanitizes the horrific results of America's absurd gun laws, making it much easier for the corrupt politicians who are owned by the NRA to keep stalling on even the most basic safety regulations.

It also emboldens the conspiracy kooks to claim that Sandy Hook and other mass shootings didn't actually happen.

Aug 5, 2019
They need to start showing what human bodies that have been riddled by bullets from high powered rifles look like on the American news or the slaughter will go on indefinitely. The media totally sanitizes the horrific results of America's absurd gun laws, making it much easier for the corrupt politicians who are owned by the NRA to keep stalling on even the most basic safety regulations.

The Brits would totally do it (ever seen their shock commercials?) Americans are too politically correct for this.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the "Angry Joe's from Texas!" argument.

Wyoming - 195.7 guns per 1000 residents
District of Columbia - 66.4 guns per 1000 residents
Arkansas - 41.6 guns per 1000 residents
New Mexico - 40.5 guns per 1000 residents
Virginia - 30.1 guns per 1000 residents
Idaho - 24.2 guns per 1000 residents
Alabama - 20 guns per 1000 residents
Nevada - 19.5 guns per 1000 residents
Alaska - 15.2 guns per 1000 residents
Louisiana - 15.1 guns per 1000 residents
Pennsylvania / Maryland - 15 guns per 1000 residents
New Hampshire / Georgia - 14.6 guns per 1000 residents