The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
My god. Watching again the part with the new Nook Miles Shopping stuff, they added sooooo much more stuff to buy. Including so many more amusement park rides. I can finally actually make an amusement park. God I wish I could have a bigger island. Plus the fact that all that stuff can *allegedly* all be customized by Reese and Cyrus to change to the alternate versions peoples islands are gonna become so much more amazing. I am totally expecting a huge resurgence in New Horizons YouTubers in a few weeks. Some of them have been getting burned out. But a lot haven't. But all the ones who didn't get burned out have just been spending time either visiting peoples dreams or completely redoing their islands over and over. So I'm sure they're all super ecstatic.

Man I cannot wait. I was not expecting to be this excited.

Man it would be neat if you could actually design a school or hospital and then move it over to your actual island as a new building. Then again, I wish we could have a bigger island. lol

I wonder how many custom homes you'll be able to store on the system if there's a limit.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I think the update looks really fantastic, as well as the DLC. They basically SMM2'd us with dropping all of this content at once. I do wonder if there are any surprises though? There's a few datamined things I can think of that did not pop up in this direct...

My only disappointment is that the new shops can't be added to your own island, as I really wanted to bolster out my town with more buildings. I feel like the obvious solution would be to make it an optional thing, if you can squeeze an extra building onto your island you simply get the bonus of added convenience. Otherwise, you can keep all the shops on Harv's island if you prefer. Oh well.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
The museum before receiving the art upgrade already has a border that contemplates the eventual upgrade. If they suddenly made it bigger now, they would break a lot of people's games.

Also technically the café is built over the bug section, so, the exterior size is accounted for.
Well no they wouldn't make it "bigger". They'd make it taller. Basically just put a little extension off the left angled roof section implying there's something more in there. Of course they wont expand any buildings. All the buildings footprints remain the same from the beginning even if the building is tiny. The players house started with a tiny square building and the left and right side was just filled with two bushes on each side. As you added new rooms each side would be filled with the house extension and the other side still had bushes until you expanded again. For the museum they'd just build upwards. But I can see them not wanting to go too tall. I'm just surprised it didn't change at all for the addition like it did for the art exhibit. But it's not a big deal. Just an observation.

I just hope that people without Amiibo can still visit the coffee shop and still have all their villagers and residents show up there over time. I don't want to have to invite Mable to get her and Sable to show up like is implied. They already live here, so I hope they just appear there from time to time. I just want make sure I'll have a reason to visit the coffee shop if I don't own Amiibo.

What I wouldn't give to be able to buy a permit that lets me modify/expand the beach and the edges of the grass that meets the beach.

I have so many bells and so many miles. I can't wait to spend them all on this new stuff.

So is it confirmed that those visitors that end up setting up shop on Harv's island will be always there? If so what's the point of them visiting? Seems like they'd be losing their appeal if you can just go see them anytime you want. I'm sure they put in some restrictions or limitations or something.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is an insane dense amount of additions. The only downside is that it made be realize that vanilla really was lacking in aspects.

10/10

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a bit mixed on everything.
What they showed here looked amazing and really really beefy, it didn't include everything I wanted like using stuff from your storage when you build something inside your house or being able to buy more than 5 f'n things at the shop or buying more clothes than what you can wear at ables, but what we get is kinda insane.

Still, the announcement of "last major free content patch" really gives me stomach pain and I can't stop thinking about that.
Look, if that was just their way to say "we continue, but paid only from now on" I'm absolutely 100% for it, go, do beefy stuff and let me pay for your support, I'm so happily doing that, paid DLCs means continued support, mean more content, features for a longer time, so I'll rather have that than just nothing and the end of life. Paid stuff (like monthly MMOs too as example) also means the stuff we will get will be more and more high quality as what we would get free (surely they set the bar high with 2.0 but this took a while too), you mostly feel that you paid for it because it makes a difference in quality and quantity, so gimmegimmegimme, 300 new items, 20 bucks or some shit, sign me the hell up.

But, I'm not sure what's coming after this. Will we really get more paid stuff? And will that only mean big new feature ideas? What if we simply want stuff like a third store upgrade, crafting and buying improvements, would that still be a thing with the announcement of no new big content updates anymore or could that still be possible in smaller patches? Is that something they could ask money for? And what's with new events and stuff? What does this announcement actually mean?

It feels like "end of life" to me, somehow, that they drop both (3 if you include the cards) on the same day also goes more into that feeling.
And then we had the Amiibo cards and they also give me stomach pain because for the first time ever, we don't get 100 cards, like the 4 times before, no, it's 48 now, not even 50, 48, like "sorry guys, we literally pressed everything out of it that we could, we're dry now".
Can't really think about my excitement about the incredible amount of good things coming cause I'm more thinking about what the future holds for this.....

Anyone else?
They actually very easily could have hit 50, they didn't get every gcn villager back in I don't think, even with this set.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
So is it confirmed that those visitors that end up setting up shop on Harv's island will be always there? If so what's the point of them visiting? Seems like they'd be losing their appeal if you can just go see them anytime you want. I'm sure they put in some restrictions or limitations or something.

Maybe they have items exclusive to their visits or just at Harv's? Either way, I'm over waiting for the visitors I like to show up throughout the week. I didn't find it fun.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
upload.png
Evolved stomachs.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pigleg my beloved, we will be together again someday...

150px-Pigleg_PG.png

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
So excited for this update and the DLC! My daughters still play a couple of times a week, and they are going to flip out. I can't wait to show them the Direct.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit mixed on everything.
What they showed here looked amazing and really really beefy, it didn't include everything I wanted like using stuff from your storage when you build something inside your house or being able to buy more than 5 f'n things at the shop or buying more clothes than what you can wear at ables, but what we get is kinda insane.

Still, the announcement of "last major free content patch" really gives me stomach pain and I can't stop thinking about that.
Look, if that was just their way to say "we continue, but paid only from now on" I'm absolutely 100% for it, go, do beefy stuff and let me pay for your support, I'm so happily doing that, paid DLCs means continued support, mean more content, features for a longer time, so I'll rather have that than just nothing and the end of life. Paid stuff (like monthly MMOs too as example) also means the stuff we will get will be more and more high quality as what we would get free (surely they set the bar high with 2.0 but this took a while too), you mostly feel that you paid for it because it makes a difference in quality and quantity, so gimmegimmegimme, 300 new items, 20 bucks or some shit, sign me the hell up.

But, I'm not sure what's coming after this. Will we really get more paid stuff? And will that only mean big new feature ideas? What if we simply want stuff like a third store upgrade, crafting and buying improvements, would that still be a thing with the announcement of no new big content updates anymore or could that still be possible in smaller patches? Is that something they could ask money for? And what's with new events and stuff? What does this announcement actually mean?

It feels like "end of life" to me, somehow, that they drop both (3 if you include the cards) on the same day also goes more into that feeling.
And then we had the Amiibo cards and they also give me stomach pain because for the first time ever, we don't get 100 cards, like the 4 times before, no, it's 48 now, not even 50, 48, like "sorry guys, we literally pressed everything out of it that we could, we're dry now".
Can't really think about my excitement about the incredible amount of good things coming cause I'm more thinking about what the future holds for this.....

Anyone else?

I mean, no main AC game has received this much support. Like, even events getting small updates was a nice surprise. They did say no major updates, so I assume we might get small QoL updates or event updates, perhaps. Or just new items from time to time.

Oct 28, 2017
Has there been or will there be an update that shows you if you've owned the item already, like in a checklist/catalog of sorts? Especially when at the shop or when you're purchasing something so you don't waste money on a duplicate?

I'm not talking about the full catalog that registers everything you've bought in your menu. I just want something that says "Owned 1" next to an item when I'm about to buy it lol (and I don't want to use some external 3rd party application).

AngelSkye

Jul 25, 2018

They could reshuffle the visitor schedule again so that if you have built their shop, they may no longer visit you on your island. I'm fine with this if they are going to do it like that, this really helps especially with Redd's arts. Then again I'm just putting out a wild guess, we'll have to see what is in place once the update is up.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
They could reshuffle the visitor schedule again so that if you have built their shop, they may no longer visit you on your island. I'm fine with this if they are going to do it like that, this really helps especially with Redd's arts. Then again I'm just putting out a wild guess, we'll have to see what is in place once the update is up.
The Plaza is gonna be so damn helpful regardless. Fuckin' Redd showed up so few times before I took a break from the game. It was annoying.

Nov 2, 2017
HNL
Incredible presentation, had almost everything I could imagine wanting. Not gonna lie, I got misty seeing the return of my boy Kapp'n his song from the GCN version is tattooed on my brain.

Will be buying the DLC day one as well. Think I'll go standalone, not sold on the NSO expansion yet.

Will def be getting as many Amiibo cards as I can find too. Need a card for my girl Reneigh and a chance to finally get Raymond.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The Plaza is gonna be so damn helpful regardless. Fuckin' Redd showed up so few times before I took a break from the game. It was annoying.
Agreed, I've been replaying my 300+ hours save file daily since early September, and Redd appeared 3 times, one time all painting was fake, this is ridiculous lol

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Any indication we will get more custom design slots? I already don't have enough for all the little custom sections of my island, have had to drop entire sections because I don't have any space to make custom patterns :(

Last edited:

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Any indication we will get more custom design slots? I already don't have enough for al the little custom sections of my island, have had to drop entire sections because I don't have any space to make custom patterns :(

it's a miracle we got 100 as is. I wouldn't think so because it would have been announced right next to the patterns update in the direct, but fingers crossed.

your island must be poppin though if you've used all 100 >.> I've used like a third and I feel like it's too much

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit confused. What's included in the free update and what's included in the paid DLC?

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
it's a miracle we got 100 as is. I wouldn't think so because it would have been announced right next to the patterns update in the direct, but fingers crossed.

your island must be poppin though if you've used all 100 >.> I've used like a third and I feel like it's too much

I guess I have some redundant ones, but if you are making a quilt for example, that can be 6-9 slots right there lol.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This was basically all I wanted and more (just missing the mini game island). I was making more 'oh my god' noises than I did during the Sora reveal. Ordinances and the old house exteriors are back!!! And Kapp'n!!!!!!

Nov 2, 2017
Any substantial QOL changes? I only played for a bit before stuff like 'you can only craft one at a time' annoyed me too much to keep playing

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
I do have a question... if I upgrade my NSO membership but then cancel it later.
Do I still have the Animal Crossing DLC available???
Can't find that information or clarification
I'm wondering the same thing. It would be weird if they just rip the DLC items out of your island when your sub lapses.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, is Happy Home Paradise the way you meet the new villagers without amiibo cards? I assume they appear randomly and randomly ask to move in to your home island.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Totally on board to return and have a blast with the free update on November 5th!! So happy with the AC announcements :D

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I neglected the game in the last 1-2 months but yeah I'm back in. Yes some of it feels so amazing because the base-game was really lacking but eh, 2.0 and the DLC are amazing! :D

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Can you buy the AC DLC on its own or do you need to buy it with the expensive new NSO bundle (alongside genesis and n64 games)?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I saw the hh paradise had a desert area, I wasn't super focused on the direct so may have missed it but can you collect desert items like cacti for your main island via Kapp'n trips?

I guess you could use cacti furniture outside if you wanted.

RetroHippie

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 12, 2021
I saw the hh paradise had a desert area, I wasn't super focused on the direct so may have missed it but can you collect desert items like cacti for your main island via Kapp'n trips?

I guess you could use cacti furniture outside if you wanted.

The only desert related items I saw was the cacti, but I saw it being used in an interior so it looks to be like a piece of furniture.

Given that the cactus was part of the western furniture in old games, I'm willing to bet there are other items like the tumbleweed and wagon.

Also the interior part I saw with the cactus was as part of the DLC, not the Kapp'n tour, FYI.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
SO MUCH CONTENT. This is desperately what the game needs, even if it is like a year too late.

Love the new free stuff and damn the DLC seems super sizable and has a lot of new exciting stuff going on.

Someone please tell me that despite it not being mentioned, we still should get Nook Cranny upgrades? Like how the hell are we still stuck on the second one, I want Nookington's damn it.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Do we know if the different islands, when they are of a different season if there are bugs and fish that are only found in those seasons so we don't have to wait a stinkin year to fill up the museum?

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Do we know if the different islands, when they are of a different season if there are bugs and fish that are only found in those seasons so we don't have to wait a stinkin year to fill up the museum?
I mean I'd imagine that's the whole point of having different season islands. Like what other point would there be for them to exist?

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I imagine that's the point of them. In the trailer they showed a season crafting material (snowflakes), and I'd have to imagine it would have the corresponding fish and insect. Possibly even seasonal DIY recipes in bottles?

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Sounds like any further major updates will be paid DLC.
This is also the last paid DLC you will see for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

www.ign.com

Nintendo Confirms Animal Crossing: New Horizons' Happy Home Paradise Will Be Its Last Paid DLC - IGN

Nintendo has explained in a statement to IGN a bit more about its decision to make Animal Crossing: New Horizons' Version 2.0 update and its Happy Home Paradise DLC the final major free and paid updates to the game.