• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I think like most people, I'm wondering how they'll handle travel for shopping, museum, club, hairdresser, etc. Still under wraps I guess. Hopefully that was a demo map. Agree that it seemed very small.

Also in the camp of not being too thrilled about crafting. Farming ingredients when you could be fishing, bug catching, fossil digging, planting, interacting with villagers, events, etc doesn't seem very interesting. Would rather have expanded interactions with villagers than building items we can buy.

Also that delay. Haha. Wanted to grab this for Christmas for my girlfriend.

It feels like they are trying to emulate Stardew Valley with having to craft and gather in order to create. Which I think is a good thing. It's too bad the story can't have darker elements like Stardew. :/

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
"It's not getting delayed lol yall are idiots"

"There's no reason to think it's delayed"

"They said back at the investor conference that all games slated for 2019 would come out in 2019"

Yeah about that
First of all, the delay is by 2 and a half months out of 2019, and I don't think that's a very big deal. Second of all, it's coming out in March 2020, that is FY 2019 for Nintendo. Everyone needs to learn that when Ninty says a year, they mean fiscal. And the official quote from the investor meeting is that no announced games would be delayed from the FY 2019.

They gave us a release date, it is for sure coming on March 20, 2020. That's enough for me to be happy. How can you be mad when it looks so good? I would way rather have a super good game 3 months later than a bad game in December. March is a better time to start AC than Winter, anyways. It's all good, gonna be the best/most extensive AC ever. Worth the wait.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
One of my main worries is that the actual village (or island in this case) would end up smaller than the previous games. I hope that is not the case.

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
First of all, the delay is by 2 and a half months out of 2019, and I don't think that's a very big deal. Second of all, it's coming out in March 2020, that is FY 2019 for Nintendo. Everyone needs to learn that when Ninty says a year, they mean fiscal. And the official quote from the investor meeting is that no announced games would be delayed from the FY 2019.

They gave us a release date, it is for sure coming on March 20, 2020. That's enough for me to be happy. How can you be mad when it looks so good? I would way rather have a super good game 3 months later than a bad game in December. March is a better time to start AC than Winter, anyways. It's all good, gonna be the best/most extensive AC ever. Worth the wait.

They said it themselves during the presentation that they are delaying it until 2020.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Fucking finally

Sucks it's delayed, but I expected that when we haven't seen anything at all until halfway through 2019

Matbtz

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the replies about the size of the island reminds me of the Threehouse replies on BOTW E3 about the great plateau.
"There are no cities in the game !!!!!!!!!"

We saw almost nothing, we will just have to wait... In my opinion it would be really strange if they made a village way smaller than the previous titles.

Last edited:

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at the replies about the size of the island reminds me of the Threehouse replies on BOTW E3 about the great plateau.
"There are no cities in the game !!!!!!!!!"

We saw almost nothing, we will just have to wait... In my opinion it would be reallt strange if they made a village way smaller than the previous titles.

To be fair people are commenting because the island, if the map is anything to go by is tiny. Most probably it was just a placeholder or something.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
So where are we going to have our shops, museum, town hall, etc? Are we going to be able to build them or are they going to be somewhere or something? Surely they're not excluding that kind of stuff from the game.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm weirdly upset the grass seems plain. Like, it's not patterned like previous entries. Anyone else noticed that?
It seems to be lacking detail everywhere. The grass is flat. The water is flat. The sand is flat. Looks cheap and nasty.

There's a good chance they will improve it though. New Leaf looked rough on first showing and the visuals were very different by time it released. Here's hoping this game gets the same treatment.

Xerzix

Dec 1, 2017
I need to be careful with this game, I know for fact that it's going to consume my soul if I put my hands on it.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
It seems to be lacking detail everywhere. The grass is flat. The water is flat. The sand is flat. Looks cheap and nasty.

There's a good chance they will improve it though. New Leaf looked rough on first showing and the visuals were very different by time it released. Here's hoping this game gets the same treatment.
They'll clean up the details before launch. It actually looks really good for 9 months before launch. Seems to run smoothly.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
So where are we going to have our shops, museum, town hall, etc? Are we going to be able to build them or are they going to be somewhere or something? Surely they're not excluding that kind of stuff from the game.

Maybe that all gets set up as your island gets more developed. Though I'd hope there would still be a way to appraise fossils early on.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
The best part is that you have a little hmmmm face when you're in your inventory. The whole look of the game feels slick and nice to me. The only thing I don't agree with is the shine on the hair, it looks out of place. Like it's the only "realistic" material when everything else is very soft.

3S8f01R.png

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I'm both depressed about the delay and hyped about how interesting it looks. It's gonna be a long wait, but it's exciting to see that the game has a cool premise with the whole island thing.

Oct 25, 2017
The best part is that you have a little hmmmm face when you're in your inventory. The whole look of the game feels slick and nice to me. The only thing I don't agree with is the shine on the hair, it looks out of place. Like it's the only "realistic" material when everything else is very soft.

3S8f01R.png

The presentation as a whole is stellar. The UI is amazing, maybe the best I've ever seen from Nintendo.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get the "colonizing" stuff. Is it like having multiple villages with the same character?

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the extra 3 months is to add AC quirk in textures.
More triangle and circle grass, please.
animal_crossing.0.jpg

animal-crossing-large.jpg

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Would be pretty weird to keep bug/fish catching and do away with the Museum for example. Getting much more of a 'you'll have to build it' vibe from all this which is kind of cool honestly. I'm not usually a big crafting sim person but I can see where it makes sense for the series. No more worrying about new villagers moving in to mess up your QR code paths, etc. The scale of the island is the big ? in my head along with the airplane mechanic. I'm sure the rest of the mainstays will follow in due time.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would be pretty weird to keep bug/fish catching and do away with the Museum for example. Getting much more of a 'you'll have to build it' vibe from all this which is kind of cool honestly. I'm not usually a big crafting sim person but I can see where it makes sense for the series. No more worrying about new villagers moving in to mess up your QR code paths, etc. The scale of the island is the big ? in my head along with the airplane mechanic. I'm sure the rest of the mainstays will follow in due time.
I remember reading an Era post back when the game was announced, and it read "I'm curious to see what animal crossing will be like in a post Stardew world"

This is it, whoever that was, was on point.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I remember reading an Era post back when the game was announced, and it read "I'm curious to see what animal crossing will be like in a post Stardew world"

This is it, whoever that was, was on point.

I posted something like that back in the day. I was actually convinced they delayed it to implement more of those gameplay mechanics because of Stardew Valley.