When do you expect the Animal Crossing Direct?

• February 5th or 6th

Votes: 58 6.6%
  • February 12th or 13th

Votes: 119 13.5%
  • February 19th or 20th

Votes: 297 33.7%
  • Later Feburary

Votes: 123 13.9%
  • Early March

Votes: 127 14.4%
  • No Direct

Votes: 158 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I cancelled my pre order so I could do it digitally but the eshop is down?

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
See, the thing about datamining is that it ruins surprises, so I'm not sure if I want to know certain stuff. Would it be okay to spoiler tag the stuff that hasn't been officially confirmed and could be considered a surprise?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
All retail gaming shops closed today in my region because of Corona for an unknown future, even the big ones.
But one of the smaller did the offer to send it out tomorrow morning if you buy it via PayPal so we ordered 2 physical copies and should get them Thursday. :)

wildbite

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seeing people post on Twitter of texts from their local stores that they can pick up their copies early. I'm jealous but I also want to start my save with the day one patch.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I know nobody probably cares about spoiling anything in animal crossing, specially because we know basically everything, but the game leaked online. So we'll see a lot of twitter posts very very soon probably.

Ugh, having to wait until friday.

utsugioffice

Oct 12, 2019
In your mind
i'm so sad that rover is apparently not in the game, i thought his return in new leaf was so charming. i get that he hates flying but i'm going to miss him.
also apparently mr. resetti's + don resetti's models possibly aren't in the game. that makes me so sad. at least they're essentially a refrence and get included in some way, but it still makes me a little sad knowing we can't physically pay the resettis a visit

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Huh...I got really drunk last night and pre-ordered AC. Well, at least I'll have time to play it now that I'm out of work, but to be honest, none of the ACs have done anything for me since the GameCube.

Fedele

Oct 28, 2017
For returning players: what is the ONE thing you don't care about in the series?

I was an avid player of the Gamecube version (skipped all the other games) but never cared about designing stamps. That might change with a nice, user-friendly touchscreen tho :)

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I kept wanting to ask but forgot:
What's the total character limit for island names? it was 10 characters right? and isn't there a naming convention you can do so its _____ Island or _____ Isle or Island of ______ ? or do we have to fit the name plus island into our island names?

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
For returning players: what is the ONE thing you don't care about in the series?

I was an avid player of the Gamecube version (skipped all the other games) but never cared about designing stamps. That might change with a nice, user-friendly touchscreen tho :)

The turnip selling mindgames lol I never cared about it in the past but I MIGHT try to do it this time

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I kept wanting to ask but forgot:
What's the total character limit for island names? it was 10 characters right? and isn't there a naming convention you can do so its _____ Island or _____ Isle or Island of ______ ? or do we have to fit the name plus island into our island names?
It's 10 characters and nothing is added to your island's name. So, if you name your island "Pikachu", it'll just be called "Pikachu" not "Pikachu Island" or anything like that.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Animal Crossing is the ultimate side game, that will randomly decide its going to be your main game for a bit, and its one of the only
games ever that I will play the hell out of for around 6 months, drop, then a year later remember how amazing it was, start again, and play it like crazy for another 6 months.

Feb 4, 2018

GameXplain video on terraforming limits. Confirms a lot we suspected like can't landscape/waterscape/build paths on the beach, but there's some new info too. Also spotted a money tree at 6:54!

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Hum guys it seems internet is down on my switch. It doesn't seem to come from my hotspot. Is anyone experiencing the same problem ? Getting anxious of not being able to unlock the game (preloaded)...I'm in France and just so an article on gameblog about all switch online services being down...
Worst comes to worst you can hotspot your phone just to verify and then disconnect it

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Animal Crossing is the ultimate side game, that will randomly decide its going to be your main game for a bit, and its one of the only
games ever that I will play the hell out of for around 6 months, drop, then a year later remember how amazing it was, start again, and play it like crazy for another 6 months.

For me, Animal Crossing is part of a daily routine. I try to play a little bit every day, even if it's just to check on the villagers and see what's new on the shops. Then, if I have the time and I want to play more, I stay for a bit longer.

It's also good that DOOM Eternal comes out this Friday too because I have something to play when I'm done for the day with AC.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Any reason why Nintendo wouldn't release the game earlier?

I fear that there will be huge lineups friday in stores, it's really something that should be avoided.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Multiplayer question for you hype guys.. Forgive me if it's already been discussed in the thread..

I've got two Switches and two kids.. I'm intending to download the game (one copy).. Is it known if it will it be possible for them to play together on the same island with a Switch each?

I've got the family online deal.
Don't mind one of them using my (purchaser) account
I know they can do couch coop on the same Switch but they like to play portable 100% of the time... Plus I think the leader design would cause arguments after ... oooh I dunno .. a nanosecond.

Hoping it's possible they can both pootle about on opposite corners of the island like with Minecraft.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

I fear that there will be huge lineups friday in stores, it's really something that should be avoided.
Some store still might not have their copies in and several places in Europe are wanting people to leave their houses only for needed travel (groceries) so people might not be able to pick up physical copies anyway.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So with the eShop being down. That's fine can't access the store. Fair enough, but that won't have any impact or issue for folks who have this game on a digital pre-order right?

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Islands are copy-based, to my knowledge. if you have one copy of ACNH, everyone using that one copy uses the same island. i don't know if its been tested but i assume moving the copy between switches allows the game island to be used.

Right.. So the game's restricted to a single Switch? I wonder what happens if you download the sam purchase on a differnt one...

Ugh.. This stuff always cooks my noodle

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Multiplayer question for you hype guys.. Forgive me if it's already been discussed in the thread..

I've got two Switches and two kids.. I'm intending to download the game (one copy).. Is it known if it will it be possible for them to play together on the same island with a Switch each?

I've got the family online deal.
Don't mind one of them using my (purchaser) account
I know they can do couch coop on the same Switch but they like to play portable 100% of the time... Plus I think the leader design would cause arguments after ... oooh I dunno .. a nanosecond.

Hoping it's possible they can both pootle about on opposite corners of the island like with Minecraft.
Islands are copy-based, to my knowledge. if you have one copy of ACNH, everyone using that one copy uses the same island. i don't know if its been tested but i assume moving the copy between switches allows the game island to be used.
Islands are console based, not copy based.
With a Switch each, they won't be able to live on the same island.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I wonder what happens if you download the sam purchase on a differnt one...
Start a whole new different game in a whole new island.

So with the eShop being down. That's fine can't access the store. Fair enough, but that won't have any impact or issue for folks who have this game on a digital pre-order right?
The eshop is working again in some countries. It'll work again soon for you too.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Islands are copy-based, to my knowledge. if you have one copy of ACNH, everyone using that one copy uses the same island. i don't know if its been tested, but based on how game cartridges usually behave, i assume moving the copy between switches allows the same island to be used.
nope, nope nope. doesn't work like this at all. Each system stores an island. The cartridges have no writable memory at all.

mrfusticle you could buy one physical and they'll play separate islands on each switch one at a time by passing the cart back and forth, both on the same island with one copy on the same switch, or both on their own islands but can visit each other with two copies, one for each switch

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain

They still have agreements with retail stores, so unless all retailers are willing to release the game early, they can't unlock the digital version either. It would upset the retailers and potentially break contracts and it'd be a mess.

We'd all appreciate an early release and I'm sure they'd love to do it, too, but they can't.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the replies..

So I can set up a "main" island and a "lite" island with one download copy of the game?
Then they can use the Dodo visitor feature?
THat sounds almost too good lol

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Thanks for the replies..

So I can set up a "main" island and a "lite" island with one download copy of the game?
Then they can use the Dodo visitor feature?
THat sounds almost too good lol
Not sure about how this sharing an account on two different Switches in order to get the same game with only one copy works. I can't tell you if it works.
I know we did this back in the PS3 days with 2 friends and it worked totally to play online together, but don't know if it's possible on Switch.
But if you've already done it with other games, then yeah probably !

Anyway, what I can tell you, is if they have two copies, yeah they will have their own island and will be able to visit each other's island and play together, either via online or local wireless, and fish and catch bugs together, that kind of stuff !

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Right.. So the game's restricted to a single Switch? I wonder what happens if you download the sam purchase on a differnt one...

Ugh.. This stuff always cooks my noodle
here's how it works from what I plan on doing and have found:
You have a primary console and a secondary console. If you want to purchase one digital copy for two consoles to play it can be done with a couple of caviats.

Any user on the primary console can play the downloaded game, but only the purchaser of the game can play it on the secondary console. Both players can't be logged into the same account at the same time when playing it though.

So figure out which person wants to play on the lite and which person wants to play on the standard switch in order to figure out which console to set to primary.

My current set up is I have set the Switch Lite to be the primary console. My gf prefers to play on that system and since she didn't purchase the game under her account, the lite has to be the primary console. So my regular switch is the secondary console which I'm gonna play on and since I bought the game under my account, I'm allowed to play it.

I hope that makes sense.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
yes, a whole week is a long time. I dont care how long its supposed to be played, that aspect of AC has never meant anything to me. For building up the village? sure. For basic features of the game and customizability? Nah.

singleplayer
games
dont
need
anti
cheat
Well, there is sort of an economy in AC, esp if you get into the online trading scene.
I definitely think they should clamp down on things that let people mass farm rare items super quick or duplicate items, etc etc.
When people pay other people for stuff, it all falls apart if people can just farm 10 every 5 mins.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
here's how it works from what I plan on doing and have found:
You have a primary console and a secondary console. If you want to purchase one digital copy for two consoles to play it can be done with a couple of caviats.

Any user on the primary console can play the downloaded game, but only the purchaser of the game can play it on the secondary console. Both players can't be logged into the same account at the same time when playing it though.

So figure out which person wants to play on the lite and which person wants to play on the standard switch in order to figure out which console to set to primary.

My current set up is I have set the Switch Lite to be the primary console. My gf prefers to play on that system and since she didn't purchase the game under her account, the lite has to be the primary console. So my regular switch is the secondary console which I'm gonna play on and since I bought the game under my account, I'm allowed to play it.

I hope that makes sense.

Yeah, using my file on the secondary Switch is common practice in my house.. With the added bonus that it won't affect my char on the main island.
This sounds perfect

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The most important part of the game, the music, is already leaking. It's so good.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Data seems to be in the game for most of the missing NPCs but that could be just for the amiibo photo island thing. Still have yet to see any evidence of buildings like the cafe or dream suite returning.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Nintendo needs this thread to reach 200 pages for them to release the game early, not 100.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Question 1: What are you going to name your island?
My Answer: Zebes

Question 2: What starting Town fruit do you want?
My Answer: Apples!

Question 3: What two villagers do you want to start on your island? Hard one, haven't played since the original.

Question 4: Will you be Terraforming?
My answer: Most likely, one of the big new features right?

Question 5: What hair style will you choose? ponytail!