Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
When can I build bridges?
I built the story one, but I don't have the recipe to build a second, and I put one of my 3 house plans on a bit of land that is inaccessible without the pole.
Also, how many fence panels does crafting a fence panel get you?

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i have everything i need to make the ironwood kitchenette except a.. cutting board? that's dumb. did i miss that DIY somewhere?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ET-Hf11WoAM8zpB
How do you even get Stringfish and Sturgeon... haven't seen any and I've been fishing non-stop. Do I need to put bait at the specific locations? Also JFC at the southern one, whats with all that crazy fish lol, I should've picked southern hemisphere...

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to make my character look more like my avatar, still need a jacket though.

20200325_123344.jpg

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I've done about 40 Nook Miles Islands (doing between 6-10 a day) and only three of them have had an assortment different than my own island. :/

I've has two islands with pears and one island with bamboo.

Every other island has been cherries (my native fruit) and coconuts with either mums or tulips. The fish and insects have been the same as my native island. I've never seen anything different. It's starting to feel like a huge and tremendous waste of my time.

Is it possible the game has a system in place to prevent you from grinding too much? Otherwise someone could just keep traveling, do whatever they need there to rack up miles, travel again, travel again, travel again, and get every fruit and rare thing in one day.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
How do you even get Stringfish and Sturgeon... haven't seen any and I've been fishing non-stop. Do I need to put bait at the specific locations? Also JFC at the southern one, whats with all that crazy fish lol, I should've picked southern hemisphere...

They're very rare and need to be fished at those specific locations. It does not require bait but it obviously helps.

And I don't think you're thinking that through. I'm pretty sure most of those will be available all summer (June-September) for the North, while South had them for a week and a half and then not again till December...

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They're very rare and need to be fished at those specific locations. It does not require bait but it obviously helps.

And I don't think you're thinking that through. I'm pretty sure most of those will be available all summer (June-September) for the North, while South had them for a week and a half and then not again till December...
Oh, so they are just swapping, got it.

Well, for the locations. English isn't my first language. Mouth probably means whhere it croses over to the sea, but I'm confused about clifftop. Is it at the highest point or what's the meaning of that?

Grym

Oct 27, 2017

I caught a sturgeon at the mouth of a river flowing into the ocean. It was a huge shadow. I would just thrown bait in that spot on your island. Haven't caught a stringfish yet

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, so they are just swapping, got it.

Well, for the locations. English isn't my first language. Mouth probably means whhere it croses over to the sea, but I'm confused about clifftop. Is it at the highest point or what's the meaning of that?

For clifftop, climb up to the highest point on your island with a ladder. The source of the waterfalls should be where you need to fish.

Gvitor

Oct 27, 2017
My island is buying turnips for 589/each right now. Hosting on discord.

EDIT: BUYING, I mean.

Last edited:

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
How early do you start getting stuff to change the ground textures outside, bricks or paths etc? Can only use rugs inside :(

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
How early do you start getting stuff to change the ground textures outside, bricks or paths etc? Can only use rugs inside :(

You can custom make them in the patterns tool early on, but it's not the same as the more involved 'actual' path making they showed in the Direct. I don't know how long that takes to get, but you can get fencing by day six.

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
Decided to redeem some Nook air miles before tea. Fishing on a mystery island netted myselfl:

A Sturgeon
A Football fish
An Oarfish
And a Coelacanth

Unbelievable haul that I don't know whether to donate, sell or display. This game....

Status
Not open for further replies.