Status
Not open for further replies.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I did not. I'm super behind on things today as work was crazy busy. Going to try to get the poll up for people to vote on the title ASAP. OT3 is probably not going to be up until sometimes late tomorrow but we'll hit page 400 on here tonight for sure.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT3 Stars or no K.K.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey folks! Back with a mountain of spares to unload:

DIYs:
- green leaf pile
- peach rug
- beekeeper's hive
- clackercart
- iron garden chair
- windflower fan
- birdbath
- firewood

Fossils:
- plesio tail
- ophthalmo skull
- stego skull
- amber
- brachio chest
- eusthenopteron
- parasaur torso
- ankylo tail
- tricera torso
- archelon skull
- megacero skull
- mammoth torso
- stego skull
- brachio chest
- dimetrodon torso
- T. rex torso
- dinosaur track
- stego torso

——————

Interested in cataloging garbage bins and pails (i have green and black bins catalogued) and non-pink hybrid roses, mums, lillies, hyacinths, and cosmos if anyone has any to spare. But otherwise totally open to trading for other DIYs or cataloging stuff in exchange!

I can spare a few orange hyacinths and one black tulip and lily each, as well as bring my blue/black garbage bin, and blue garbage pail with me.
Edit: Oh and I'd like the recipes for birdbath and windflower fan!

OT3 Title Voting
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Well... there are those who said this day would never come...
OT3 IS HERE (almost)

I'll work on the design aspects tomorrow and get it posted tomorrow night - so feel free to keep posting in this thread until you see that OT3 is up. Going to try to cram the designs in between work stuff, especially as we know about the upcoming updates and events in New Horizons.

Until then... VOTE ON THE TITLE OF OT3!

Thanks to everyone who suggested the OT3 titles - VERY sorry if I missed your suggestion - there were a lot to sort through and 400 pages to double check.

Any mods/admins who check on the whole OT situation - keep this thread going until OT3 is up sometime tomorrow (23rd April) then I'll let you know to lock this one. This thread will likely go beyond 400 but I'll get OT3 up as soon as I can, I was expecting to work on it today but it was a busy work day.

Finally, just a big thanks to everyone who has been using the OT to chat and share moments of the game - I've never posted an OT that reached OT2 let alone OT3... also not many games make it to an OT3 either!

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
There is actually a tier list of popularity based on number of LF posts on the old AC villager trading Reddit (before it got nuked).

zJlzqx6.png

oh wow I have 3 S', Marshal, Zucker....

and speaking of S, I got Ankha on an island. I'm shook. My first island after Mint left.

She's cute but not my fave, so I kept her to give to my bf when he has a free space.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I've had my nook's cranny open for 30+ days now but still no upgrade? I've spent well over 200k there.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
oh wow I have 3 S', Marshal, Zucker....

and speaking of S, I got Ankha on an island. I'm shook. My first island after Mint left.

She's cute but not my fave, so I kept her to give to my bf when he has a free space.

Ankha's house is ridiculous tho lmao.
Just has this massive pyramid in the middle of it, and a golden shitter.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Finally maxed out my villagers. Mac being my last one. Did get Zuck from my brother.
EWPT12rUYAEjVBi

Is getting 3 star that difficult? Just place DIY stuff and Cranny stuff in every square same with tons of fencing?

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know of a website that lets you browse custom AC designs? It appears the one I visited before is down.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The feeling when you go to like 10 islands and a lot of them have Flick and he has yet to visit your island in 3 weeks.
I've gotten Kicks 3 or 4 times already (which of course succeeded Mabel being there 3 times), Label once, Saharah 4 or 5 times, CJ once, KK regularly once, and the fixed/special event stuff. Flick though. He just never wants my bugs. :(

Finally maxed out my villagers. Mac being my last one. Did get Zuck from my brother.
EWPT12rUYAEjVBi

Is getting 3 star that difficult? Just place DIY stuff and Cranny stuff in every square same with tons of fencing?

Damn you got some of the most sought after villagers haha.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a fruit tree limit?

I have two that won't seem to grow.

I've noticed weird things about fruit tree placement, actually. For some reason there's some patches where my trees didn't grow. I just took some of the mature trees and put them there (they don't care), and put the young trees where the other ones did grow.
It wasn't near any ledges or other obstacles, it was in the middle of my orchards, even, and all the trees surrounding them grew. Just this one set of trees that refused to.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Winnie walks up in nothing but an undershirt and immediately gifts me some kind of business jacket

i think you need that more than me, bud

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Well... there are those who said this day would never come...
OT3 IS HERE (almost)

I'll work on the design aspects tomorrow and get it posted tomorrow night - so feel free to keep posting in this thread until you see that OT3 is up. Going to try to cram the designs in between work stuff, especially as we know about the upcoming updates and events in New Horizons.

Until then... VOTE ON THE TITLE OF OT3!

Thanks to everyone who suggested the OT3 titles - VERY sorry if I missed your suggestion - there were a lot to sort through and 400 pages to double check.

Any mods/admins who check on the whole OT situation - keep this thread going until OT3 is up sometime tomorrow (23rd April) then I'll let you know to lock this one. This thread will likely go beyond 400 but I'll get OT3 up as soon as I can, I was expecting to work on it today but it was a busy work day.

Finally, just a big thanks to everyone who has been using the OT to chat and share moments of the game - I've never posted an OT that reached OT2 let alone OT3... also not many games make it to an OT3 either!

Still think it should be "The campsite is the ONLY way to force your villagers to move out" but I will vote anyway! :D

I've noticed weird things about fruit tree placement, actually. For some reason there's some patches where my trees didn't grow. I just took some of the mature trees and put them there (they don't care), and put the young trees where the other ones did grow.
It wasn't near any ledges or other obstacles, it was in the middle of my orchards, even, and all the trees surrounding them grew. Just this one set of trees that refused to.
I mean, that's why. Trees can't have anything in the eight tiles surrounding them, and they ALSO can't have those eight tiles 100% overlap the eight tiles of other trees.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm...as far as I know the trees seem properly spaced.

Like all the trees around these two are growing fine and they're spaced the same way.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, that's why. Trees can't have anything in the eight tiles surrounding them, and they ALSO can't have those eight tiles 100% overlap the eight tiles of other trees.

No, no, you don't understand what I'm saying. I had trees laid out both with their 8 tiles overlapping, and they grew, but I also had ones with 2 tiles between each other (so the 8 tile 'ring' was only adjacent, not overlapping) and they did not grow.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I noticed this too. My theory is that trees actually check two different areas: The inner area (8 squares) has to be clear, and then there's a second larger area that has a maximum of trees allowed inside. If the tree density is too high, they won't grow.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only reason I can think of is I have bamboo a few spaces away and maybe it's trying to put bamboo sprouts there?

But I have another tree also the same space away from a bamboo tree and it's fine.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I had all different species to start with but I have 4 cats now. Going to end up with a cat island at this rate! They're all too cool though haha.

Edit: Wow, according to that villager list I have lots of popular villagers! If any of them ever move out I'll post them in here in case anyone wants them.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I noticed this too. My theory is that trees actually check two different areas: The inner area (8 squares) has to be clear, and then there's a second larger area that has a maximum of trees allowed inside. If the tree density is too high, they won't grow.

That sounds plausible, yeah. My orchards are fairly dense within a short patch of land.

The only reason I can think of is I have bamboo a few spaces away and maybe it's trying to put bamboo sprouts there?

But I have another tree also the same space away from a bamboo tree and it's fine.

I don't think the bamboo's the culprit haha.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I had all different species to start with but I have 4 cats now. Going to end up with a cat island at this rate! They're all too cool though haha.

Edit: Wow, according to that villager list I have lots of popular villagers! If any of them ever move out I'll post them in here in case anyone wants them.
That's what I'm at. Would give Ankha for Oliva though. They're both snooty iirc.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
No, no, you don't understand what I'm saying. I had trees laid out both with their 8 tiles overlapping, and they grew, but I also had ones with 2 tiles between each other (so the 8 tile 'ring' was only adjacent, not overlapping) and they did not grow.
Interesting. First I've heard of this.

This sounds plausible. I wonder if this is how it works.

Also trees should be able to grow around fences I read right?
Yep. Tested this myself. You can completely surround the tree with eight fence pieces and it will still grow.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a known glitch with CJ disappearing before 5am? Had him on my island today but I've also had Celeste and Wisp and had a friend over for a bit and now I can't find him anywhere.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to see some surprise QoL patches in this update...

Please, please let us craft from the storage when we're at home!

SuperMario

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's been answered already but do we know when will the update go live? And it's the same time for everyone or does it differ from one timezone to another?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Aw I expected there to be new stuff when I woke up :(
I guess when the update drops there won't even be a chance for the new merchants to show up today.

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017
Still have stuff to unload if anyone needs it:

DIYs:
- green leaf pile
- peach rug
- clackercart

Fossils:
- plesio tail
- ophthalmo skull
- stego skull
- amber
- brachio chest
- eusthenopteron
- parasaur torso
- ankylo tail
- tricera torso
- archelon skull
- megacero skull
- mammoth torso
- stego skull
- brachio chest
- dimetrodon torso
- T. rex torso
- dinosaur track
- stego torso

Interested in hybrid roses, mums, lillies, hyacinths, tulips, and cosmos (I have almost all in pink but need most other colors!) if anyone has any to spare. But otherwise totally open to trading for other DIYs, cataloging things you might have, or even just giving you in exchange for a visit to your Nooks/Ables!

People's current island designs (especially those who have transformed their islands into resorts and stuff) are going to be 100% fucked by future updates.

Ugh this. I had an idea the other day that is taking like 1.5 weeks to come to fruition because of how many damn buildings I have to move. Not excited to have to do this/start cutting my own creations as updates come, as much as I want more and more content haha

Carmy

Mar 26, 2020
So I don't know how long Sherb is going to be making a Golden arowana model DYI but does anyone want one?

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh this. I had an idea the other day that is taking like 1.5 weeks to come to fruition because of how many damn buildings I have to move. Not excited to have to do this/start cutting my own creations as updates come, as much as I want more and more content haha
It'll be time consuming but having read the datamine stuff it's very obvious why Nintendo included the ability to terraform and relocate buildings this time hahaha

Honestly I'm glad I spoiled it for myself before I began working on my Mini Golf Island idea! Now I can at least plan ahead :3c

(well, sort of, it's not like the datamine revealed EVERYTHING that'll come, and it's not like everything found in it will definitely wind up in the final game)

None of the stuff they've shown has any extra shops added tho?
Have you read the datamine? I don't want to say anything further if you haven't but if you don't care about being spoiled I can put it behind a tag.

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to place a path on the edge of a cliff that's been rounded out? I'm trying to place sand path on the highest level of my island but it starts look a little uneven at the corners/edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.