• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8BitAwesome

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone really figured out exactly what it'll take for 3 stars?
Isabelle says raising population; then when i talked to her on 2 different occasions she mentioned fencing and placing objects outside.
I've picked every weed from my town, and then i saw someone mentioning you should have at least 250 pieces of fencing down.

Is it population? Is it stuff down? Is it just baseless speculation still? lmfao I just wish it was a little bit clearer with the end goals since the terrain tools are super important

I just got three stars this morning, and I definitely don't have 250 fences. My 8th villager moved in today and all 10 of my plots are built. I have a good number of streetlights and high nook miles value items like the lighthouse, pool, and wind farm in my island. In terms of fences I gave a small fenced in yard to all my villagers and placed maybe 50 fences by my entrance. I also placed a handful of DIY items around town like benches, stone tablet, water pond, etc.

People say flowers are important but I most not have planted more than 20-30 either. I honestly think a good mix of high value nook miles items and DIY items like fences should be enough once you reach 7-8 villagers.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I have some selling at my shop! 120 bells for one.

EUc_4nrUwAEDERY
Woah! Im looking for the other cardboard box designs. Would it be possible to swing by and get that? I'd be happy to bring one of mine by, or I also have Cherries (or any other fruit you'd need)

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered a complete overhaul on how my house looks. I like that if I don't care for it, I can always revert back the next day (for another 5,000 bells).

But I picked the chateau look, I thought it looked pretty cool! The only downside is the windows look a little small. But we'll see tomorrow.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Ordered a complete overhaul on how my house looks. I like that if I don't care for it, I can always revert back the next day (for another 5,000 bells).

But I picked the chateau look, I thought it looked pretty cool! The only downside is the windows look a little small. But we'll see tomorrow.

??? How do you change the outlook of your house???

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Y'all this is my first time posting on the forum in a full week because Animal Crossing has swallowed me fully and entirely.
What have I become?

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Happy OT 2, everyone~

Some current news on my island:

I finally got Caster Master! First I was looking for Char in the wrong place, so I got close after I caught them. Then I tried to go for it and my nerves got to me at 80. I failed. Then I tried from scratch and made it to 87. I failed. Then I tried and replaced my empy bait slots with new bait so I would lose count (and thus keep away the nerves). It worked and made the 100!

eucjvdxumaamrqmpejpe.jpg

Also Lolly doing yoga because this hit me in the cutes hard:

euc__8cueaasdlknwjvi.jpg

Anyhow, to celebrate Caster Master with everyone I'm having a giveaway right now. Golden Rods and...Fish Bait! Lots of it.

1. Take multiples but leave for others. Use your best judgement so I don't shut off the island.
2. These items are duplicates.
3. Feel free to take fruit or shop!
4. I will be opening and closing the gate this time to improve the experience quality for people. Status indicator at the bottom, including when the giveaway is done.

Code available for those that have replied in the thread:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
GATE STATUS: CLOSED GIVEAWAY DONE. SEE YOU ON THE NEXT ONE. IF I REPLIED SAYING YOU CAN REPLY TO ME FOR AN OPEN GATE IF YOU MISSED OUT, PM ME

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Also would like to report that I managed to recruit Pietro on my island, and I'm one hell of a happy Delphine! He's my 7th villager, I found him on a tour thanks to sheer dumbass luck, and I legit screamed a bit when I saw he was up there, waiting for me to recruit him, which I did with utter glee!

I am now on the lookout for Meringue, Fauna, Beau, Vesta, Stella, Raymond, Sherb, Diana and... others I guess I just don't have all their names lol.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
Happy OT 2, everyone~

I finally got Caster Master! First I was looking for Char in the wrong place, so I got close after I caught them. Then I tried to go for it and my nerves got to me at 80. I failed. Then I tried from scratch and made it to 87. I failed. Then I tried and replaced my empy bait slots with new bait so I would lose count (and thus keep away the nerves). It worked and made the 100!

Nice. I haven't done a focused attempt for it yet. My kids were being noisy and I missed the sound cue and lost what was probably a pretty good streak.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
So I had to demolish a bridge to make room for a new prettier one so 2 houses aren't connected to the main plaza right now but somehow one of the villagers made it across. How did they make it??

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
After you get the second floor!

You get to choose mailbox, door, shingles/roof, and the exterior paneling. And also after the second floor you can move your mailbox around.
You unlock a "customize my house" option with Tom Nook at some point, I only have the option for roof and mailbox now though. I didn't realize that expanded to other things later.

Hmm thanks. I haven't upgraded my house that much yet 😭

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the (first? we'll see if there's more) upgraded Nook's Cranny sells an additional variety of flower, which is interesting. Too bad mine ended up being pansies, bleh.

I wish it sold more furniture. Now it just has an additional slot for a "bougie" item that can go up to 130k bells (for a cello... instruments are expensive in AC now like in real life, I guess?), so I can only just stare at being unable to buy a nice stove set in despair.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Ankha is the best islander/villager right now for me. Everyone else is pretty lame.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Happy OT 2, everyone~

eucjvdxumaamrqmpejpe.jpg

Also Lolly doing yoga because this hit me in the cutes hard:

euc__8cueaasdlknwjvi.jpg

Anyhow, to celebrate Caster Master with everyone I'm having a giveaway right now. Golden Rods and...Fish Bait! Lots of it.

1. Take multiples but leave for others. Use your best judgement so I don't shut off the island.
2. These items are duplicates.
3. Feel free to take fruit or shop!
4. I will be opening and closing the gate this time to improve the experience quality for people. Status indicator at the bottom, including when the giveaway is done.

Code available for those that have replied in the thread:

[Hidden content]

GATE STATUS: OPEN

Gonna pop over, thanks!

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
So I just started overthinking once I got past 70 fish in row and messed up by pulling for no reason. Here we go again.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Are bamboo trees limited to spawning only one bamboo shoot? Like, ever? Cause the trees I uprooted and transferred to my island haven't spawned any yet, yet those I planted have fully grown and grown some shoots. I planted all of those on the same day, so I expected the trees I uprooted to grow shoots by the time the new ones were fully grown.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Must. Reach. Gate. To. Close. Temporarily!

Nice. I haven't done a focused attempt for it yet. My kids were being noisy and I missed the sound cue and lost what was probably a pretty good streak.

So I just started overthinking once I got past 70 fish in row and messed up by pulling for no reason. Here we go again.

Yeah I'd certainly recommend keeping an ear out on the sound. Other tip would be, let the float go into the water. A part of my mistakes before were being so keen on the sound and anticipation that I would make the call too early. Once I forgave myself a bit and let the float go without going too long, it got much easier.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have 6 villagers currently, one moving in tomorrow, and I just invited a new one from a Nook Miles Island. If I go ahead and put down the last two plots of land for houses, will I encounter two more villagers at random islands today still? Or do I need to wait for the "queue" to move?

Also, once I get the full ten, how hard is it to kick someone out? Just in case I get a lot of overlapping/similar personalities.

Just requoting this, still curious!

Another question, are rusted parts really as hard to get as they seem? I have to wait for Gulliver and then one is in the recycle bin the next day?

Status
Not open for further replies.