• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, these winter butterflies are a bad joke. Maybe if this lasted longer, but 5 days? And then to split the butterflies into two types to make your counts even worse? No thanks. It's hard enough to get white seeds let alone being able to catch the damn things. Sigh. And that mug looked so cool...

Well, I got all the blue and red flower prizes at least. Special thanks to Chanser and Ellix who shared a bunch of butterflies:)

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I wish you could stop getting asked tpo invite a villager to your camp when you complete their items.

I've been capping out on build materials so I've been building random stuff since I'm still, slowly, working on all my amenities (got behind when I started). But those take 2-3 days to complete.

I've been hesitant to invite villagers, thinking there's going to be future events with goals for invites.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This game seriously needs an option to sort the crafting options by "not made." Please. It's a mess in there. @_@
if my assumption is correct then you are probably having trouble finding the level 15 special request items. I know I did.

what I decided to do was just favourite all of them. and when a new one is added I find it by direct linking to it from the animal's profile in contacts.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
if my assumption is correct then you are probably having trouble finding the level 15 special request items. I know I did.

what I decided to do was just favourite all of them. and when a new one is added I find it by direct linking to it from the animal's profile in contacts.
Well, it's that, but I also try to craft one of everything and it's starting to be a mess to find the newer objects what with new animals and furniture constantly showing up.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't finish the tasks for the gold and red butterflies, so if anyone has a bunch of those left, you can share them with me if you want.

0574 9095 250

Ah ok, well the same applies with that, right? Just jump to them directly from the animal's contact profile.

Not every piece of furniture has an animal assigned to it!

Chanser

Oct 27, 2017
Growing 20 white flowers and I only get 4-5 mixed winter butterflies....

Last edited:

Toadette

Oct 29, 2017
Gotta start over. Which is a bummer. I might just play on my android tablet this time instead of my iPhone.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta start over. Which is a bummer. I might just play on my android tablet this time instead of my iPhone.
I swap between iOS and Android frequently and it works pretty well. Just have to remember not to grab tickets out of the mailbox on the wrong platform.

Edit: Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread, but why do you have to start over?

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
13 requests, 7 seeds. Not great.

I did just pay lloid to capture the three that someone left in my garden. Maybe for singletons I could use him, and RNG for the larger bunch when I grow my flowers?

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
If you are going to pay to capture butterflies I certainly wouldn't recommend doing it before the last day or so.

Also, while I'm giving out lessons on how to properly spend leaf tickets: Yesterday playing late at night I misclicked twice and spent 160 tickets rushing a facility. I am so dumb ._.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Running the risk of losing me as a player with this event. Beyond grinding for levels my main goal has been to complete the catalogue. If I miss out on some items forever due to the awful capture rates on these butterflies then I'm out. Encouraging people to spend cash to grind out events is not a practice I can get behind. Tickets shouldn't be a necessity - they should be for optional cosmetic stuff and people that are too impatient to play the game at a normal pace (and I'm someone that regularly throws a few pounds towards in game currency to support the devs if it's a mobile game I play regularly).

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably done after this event, having bad luck for sharing back. The clothes crafting is a nice addition though.

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Clothing crafting is nice, but it's still limited. Where's my paperboy cap, yo?

Also fuck these capture rates. I can see myself blowing tickets on this, if I have to. Which I will.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will just play normally and get whatever I can. Won't let this dumb event break me.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If you are going to pay to capture butterflies I certainly wouldn't recommend doing it before the last day or so.

Also, while I'm giving out lessons on how to properly spend leaf tickets: Yesterday playing late at night I misclicked twice and spent 160 tickets rushing a facility. I am so dumb ._.
I had spent 90 tickets or so to complete the Shower Stall -_-

i didn't even misclick, I was just doing it early in the morning and wasn't entirely alert...

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Ecliptor

oDMcArN.jpg

Cheers bud. Sorry.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm building up my butterflies without sharing them yet. I'm thinking by Sunday, which is the last day, I could pair up with someone with a somewhat fairly equivalent amount of them and share them back and forth at once?Hopefully I'll get to 20+ gold by then. Have 10 right now.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
I'm building up my butterflies without sharing them yet. I'm thinking by Sunday, which is the last day, I could pair up with someone with a somewhat fairly equivalent amount of them and share them back and forth at once?Hopefully I'll get to 20+ gold by then. Have 10 right now.

You'll start with 20, they'll catch 3 to send back, you'll catch none.

This second part of the event is absolute bullshit.

twofive

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck the butterflies. I am almost done with this game. If the next event is similar, I'm done. I am having like negative enjoyment right now.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Doesn't matter really. I'm doing death by a thousand cuts - someone drops two butterflies so I Pay lloid and then give them back to the same person

Almost no point using plant food either as you can't get seeds quick enough anyway.

Looking forward to the event ending so I can plant my tulips and pansies back

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You'll start with 20, they'll catch 3 to send back, you'll catch none.

This second part of the event is absolute bullshit.
That's why I'm saying someone that has about the same amount so I can send 20 and also receive 20 and out of those if we both catch about 3-5 depending on luck that's not too bad.

And also gives each other the chance to spend tickets for sufficient sure catches if there's a few left for a certain goal.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I got back into this game because my sis is still into it. I'm helping her with the butterflies. We're just going back and forth. Making better progress than randomly sharing them.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm pretty sure I'll finish the white ones. Gold seems unlikely at this point without using tickets. But we'll see.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm making better progress than I expected due to generous people on my friend list, but it seems pretty unlikely I'll finish either of them.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm basically even 14 gold/15 white and starting to focus in on a few reciprocal friends

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Will have no problem finishing the winter ones.

And I went ahead and burned some leaf tickets for the gold ones, but now that I don't think I'll waste them after I get past 20 since I'll get the mug soon from the winter ones (29/40 now).

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone for the Topaz - was able to hit the final goal.

Now working on Winter and Golden butterflies.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Part 2 was frustrating but since you only had to collect 40 white butterflies and 20 gold butterflies to get one of everything, it didn't end up being too bad

i should comfortably obtain all of the Rover items

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I'm having way more luck catching gold butterflies than white. Maybe it's harder for my character to see the white ones on the white flowers. I'm crafting new glasses as we speak.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'd totally buy real mugs made out of AC animal heads..

My favourite animals I'd use for tea and coffee. My least favourite animals I'd eat strawberry Jelly out of them :P

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I don't even care about the furniture that much, it just sucks having someone share a bunch with me and not being able to give them any back.