NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
33363-l.jpg

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Migi and Dali - 01

That's certainly a bit different. Weird but intriguing. If the adoptive parents were generic it would've been a bit boring but since they were weirdos themselves there's something fresh to this. The shoulder massage sure was sth, lol.

15SagittaeB

Feb 12, 2022
Grandpa and Grandma 05
What a super sweet and super cute episode. Oh my god, that piano scene ripped my fucking heart out. And when she remembers 😭😭.

This episode was SOOO GOOOD. Super wholesome and presenting an actually great partnership/family dynamic. REQUIRED watch!

Show is just a side-watch for me and suddenly they drop a freaking 10/10 episode.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
While i do think the second half of apoc diaries was marginally less focused seeming up until the end, ambiguous (second op) is a banger and we do not permit its slander in this house

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
How so?

Asking because it's a landmark anime for me that affected me very deeply.

its just some of the plot elements hit differently today. There was a time a guy being into conspiracy theories and thinking the world was out to get him would be seen as a silly, quaint character trait...not something you actually had to worry about in everyday life. I know Satou is a self destructive person and show always makes it fairly clear most of his problems are of his own making, but some of the stuff he does steps over the line, where it becomes criminal behaviour (though i dont think he does anything quite as bad as episode 3 again). The show probably swings a little too hard to drive home how desperate his situation is at times. Then its just also funny to see a show full of blatant gaslighting and kinda incel behaviour from Yamazaki, long before those terms were made more popular or well known.

I actually really like Satou as a character though and i could have related with him a lot at one point in my life. The shows best moments are some of the quieter moments were he is just sitting contemplating what happened to his life and where is he going with it, trapped in this weird state of wanting help but also being too scared to actually seek it or change anything.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Second half of Apothecary was much better with some of the strongest episodes in the series back to back and the way it managed to connect seemingly random events into one big narrative was remarkable ,with some beautiful payoff , y'all wildin'

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Second half of Apothecary was much better with some of the strongest episodes in the series back to back and the way it managed to connect seemingly random events into one big narrative was remarkable ,with some beautiful payoff , y'all wildin'

Agreed, I was kinda meh on the first half, but I loved the second part.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
thought Apothecary was great all the way thru 🤷‍♂️
finished ZZ Gundam, what a mess of a show. what should I watch next out of these? OO Gundam, Gundam Wing, Iron Blood Orphans.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Apothecary was PEAK the whole way through

Big agree on OP 1 > OP 2 tho. Hana ni Natte was a BOP

This episode was SOOO GOOOD. Super wholesome and presenting an actually great partnership/family dynamic. REQUIRED watch!

Show is just a side-watch for me and suddenly they drop a freaking 10/10 episode.
Seriously, best episode this season so far

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
thought Apothecary was great all the way thru 🤷‍♂️
finished ZZ Gundam, what a mess of a show. what should I watch next out of these? OO Gundam, Gundam Wing, Iron Blood Orphans.
G Gundam if you haven't yet hmmm well some don't like the direction but out of the 2 of those I've seen(come on crunchy put 00 and Seed's dubs up!) IBO is the most consistent. It's just decisive cause the leads use archetypes that aren't normally those that are used by the protag side in Gundam and they are presented the way they are, and they don't change so the outcome gets pretty wild. It's a pretty unique take even for this series and it's pretty fun(I need to get back to finishing season 2 myself tho)

Wing is a boy band show where only the rival is worth anything. Well that and the memes it created in collab and spinoff material. There's this hilarious SRW comic bit about Raelina

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
New little sunrise project, they remade the Aura Battler Dunbine OP/ED as a little anniversary thing
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zFD6TujMsj4
Edit: actual info
```Kamikaze Douga and Bandai Nimco Filmworks collaborated to produce the new video, which is labeled as an "experimental video." The two will collaborate on an upcoming "SIDE R" video that will feature new mecha and weapon designs, as well as new music from an artist who was not in the original anime.```

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Sand Land 11
Things are picking up, now there's a Death Star. Toriyama did a good job making Muniel such a piece of shit, and his English VA makes him sound extra punchable, I can't wait to see him get his shit kicked in.

Dope ass episode, great seeing Are again and the way the invaded the Death Egg was awesome. Really good animation too.

Voice Actor Radio 05
I need Nao Toyama to play more villain roles, PLEASE. Her rant at Yasumi was great. I'm actually hyped for the next episode now since it'll be focused on Mekuru loool

So their disguises are just as each other? Big brain moment.

TP Bon 08-09
Ream starting to break rules now too.
Maybe it was a bad idea sending a pair of kids to a mission in the middle of a war?
"Oh wow, they saved him early, mission accomplish-" *Sakuragi puts gun to his head* holy shit.
The American soldier voices lmaooo.
Episode 8 ending was so sweet.

Dinosaurs yessss. The CG was kinda rough tho.

Super Cub 03-04
This somehow became my "watch an episode before bed" series. A comfy vibe.
I'll never get over the colors becoming more vibrant whenever Koguma is happy.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
G Gundam if you haven't yet hmmm well some don't like the direction but out of the 2 of those I've seen(come on crunchy put 00 and Seed's dubs up!) IBO is the most consistent. It's just decisive cause the leads use archetypes that aren't normally those that are used by the protag side in Gundam and they are presented the way they are, and they don't change so the outcome gets pretty wild. It's a pretty unique take even for this series and it's pretty fun(I need to get back to finishing season 2 myself tho)

Wing is a boy band show where only the rival is worth anything. Well that and the memes it created in collab and spinoff material. There's this hilarious SRW comic bit about Raelina

just realised I have Char's Counterattack so now is probably the best time to watch that
yeh IBO looks like the better show out of those, I like all the Big Politics bits of Gundam and it looks like it has some of that

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 4K remasters have been rather... messy for some anime I've seen. Lets hope they don't go the sharpening and de-noise route with Angel's Egg.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Wolf Economics 6:

Animation for her wolf form was all over the place this episode. Was a little disappointing.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 3-7
I feel like I'm enjoying this show in the same way MST3K enjoyed the movies they lampooned: this is clearly bad and dumb and a complete farce, but at least it's fun, right? The more I watch of this show the more it devolves into a Saturday morning kids cartoon. I'm weirdly not particularly angry about this (again, Zeta had fucking ROSAMMY), but I am completely and utterly baffled.

Mashmyre, episode 5: I must capture the Argama intact without harming even a single roof tile on a single house because chivalry!
Mashmyre, episode 7: fuck it MAIN CANNON TURN ON

I don't actually mind the idea that Judau needs to be the one who pilots the Zeta--it's not like any of the previous shows have suggested that other people can pilot the Gundam because reasons. But does the show have to repeatedly throw Fa under the bus over and over in order to make the point? Episode 7 literally has a "Fa, get back in the kitchen where you belong" moment! Jesus christ!

Dropping time!

Vampire's Dorm - 05
I tried, I really did, but I just can't get into it. Gender-bender is just not my cup of tea.
I might be overthinking it, but it also has some underlying homophobic tone to me. How they panic over the fact, they feel drawn to a boy. And the inevitable huge relief that will come, when it's revealed sooner or later, it was a girl all along.
It does make sense though, assuming they are meant to be straight like an arrow, suddenly having feelings for a guy should be confusing. Same goes for being afraid of not being "normal", given the social stigma, that still goes strong. Nevertheless it just tends to rub me the wrong way. Maybe because it's mainly played for the laughs, or at least feels like it to me.
Anyway, I'm out.

Mysterious Disapperance - 05
Here I really tried as well, but the constant fanservice bullshit is killing all the enjoyment of the maybe interesting mystery that might show up a little bit here and there.
Last ep was mostly nothing, and this too, with a nearly identical visit of a public bathhouse again. The rest of the ep was mainly girls talking about what underwear they wear and a huge focus on breast shots, where I'm glad I never really took on what the deal is right now, since I was skipping so much of all the bullshit.
This is not worth it at all. Bye.

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Yeah 4K remasters have been rather... messy for some anime I've seen. Lets hope they don't go the sharpening and de-noise route with Angel's Egg.
After doing scans for a DI using 35mm film, as the original press release mentions? I'm not sure they'd focus on pointing out the arduous and delicate process of scanning meticulously the negatives copy/film origination (specially if those remain in pristine condition) that has a format big enough in size to resolve very high resolutions, and later botch it so unnecessarily for the authoring, but we'll see...

Last edited:

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Laid-Back Camp S3 06
\konichiwa!/
Loved that little flashback of Nadeshiko and Aya, Nadeko really is a dog lol.
"Russian roulette bridge" loooool
That "yayyy" from Nadeshiko was too adorable, I can't believe that's Sagiri's voice.

Awww, this trip is over. At least we'll see Aki, Aoi and Ena again, hopefully they don't almost die this time.

Wind Breaker 06
Animation is dope as fuck, as usual. Sako stopping his kick and the following it was fucking sick. Sako and Hiragi love story backstory was great

I was gonna say, "damn, only one fight this episode? This is getting kinda slow." But then I checked the manga and saw that it covered 3 1/2 chapters and added a lot to the fights so I'll shut up. Show is a blast. They could do something funny and have Sakura lose his fight 🤭

Bartender 06
Maaaan, that Alexander looked so good.
I liked the love story going on in the background, Sasakura is bartender and matchmaker.

TP Bon 10-11
*Bon turns American*
*Immediately wants a gun*
Very accurate, 10/10
"Oh it's just horse shit." LMAOO.
Given that American Bon looked just like the target, I expected a Futurama "You're your own grandfather" bit, but that wouldn't make any sense 😅

Back to Ancient Greece. Once again, why are they dragging a pair of kids into the middle of a war. "Sorry buddy, can't save you, you're too relevant to history!"
I feel like Kaiji Tang voices at least 10 different characters in this show.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Yuru Camp S3 6
Ah, the melancholy from the end of a good trip.

I was just thinking it'd been a long time since we saw Aki, Aoi and Ena!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Urusei Yatsura 40
Yeah Ten's revenge in a room of silence was hilarious. The Nagisa bit got amusing with him being the Sumo champion XD

Tiger mask w 24
Well that's one heck of a cliffhanger. Sheesh that was a thrashing
Tiger mask W 25
Sheesh now that was a beat down. And an interesting reveal. Naota is feeling some guilt for that for sure

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Frieren Ep. 1 to 13

Something about this just isn't clicking with me. It's a smooth watch in part thanks to the production values but I'm just not that invested in the story nor characters. Shounen adventure/battle series really have to have something to keep my interest. Sadly having the lead be a woman isn't enough. I think part of it is I just don't find a lot of the emotional beats effective?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Frieren Ep. 1 to 13

Something about this just isn't clicking with me. It's a smooth watch in part thanks to the production values but I'm just not that invested in the story nor characters. Shounen adventure/battle series really have to have something to keep my interest. Sadly having the lead be a woman isn't enough. I think part of it is I just don't find a lot of the emotional beats effective?

if you're not loving the start i wouldn't necessarily continue, i think it dips in quality for a little bit from here.

i think frieren is a very chill watch tbh, not really a get-invested-in-what-they're-doing watch

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Frieren Ep. 1 to 13

Being chil is what drew some people's interest at first and then it got exciting which these people disliked so maybe you'll get what you want.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
true, i'm not super clear which eps are which, i just associate the beginning of the exam arc with the second cour

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Raven Consort 4-6
I feel like the pacing is really fucked. What is happening? The characters are good but everything moves so quickly it dulls the impact, and then half the characters speak in weird-ass riddles and then stop to laborously explain some lore.

It's still interesting but you can feel that it's just a tier below being really good because the balance between 'this is the episode's specific plot' and 'here is crazy lore' is severely imbalanced

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Updated streaming numbers for Japan.

Really pleased that all the shows im invested are doing great numbers and even more that happy that Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers is climbing the Ranks.

20240510_093721.jpg

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Salad Bowl 06
Monkey's paw: Livia finally found a home but it's with the cult leader.
Were you expecting an episode dedicated to 3D blender? Me neither. And then the 2nd half is a band episode. New Game + K-On.
"Any more fanservice and I'll die of an overdose." LMAOO

Episode was funny but no Sara or Sosuke is laaaame. 5 seconds of baby Sara is not enough.

Astro Note 06
I'm surprised that Miyasaka is losing a bit of interest in Mira after finding out that she's an alien, thought he would be ride or die no matter what. "She just ran away from home and let a man knock her up." LMAOO

LOL @ the Terminator reference. Pretty funny ep.

TP Bon 12 END
We Chrono Trigger now!
"It may not make sense, but your tale completely fascinated me!" This series in a nutshell 🤣
That ending, nooooo.

This was a fun time! As soon as I realized that it's more of an episodic/Saturday morning cartoon vibe it got a lot more enjoyable. Bon being a BONehead about the time stuff is part of the show. Looking forward to season 2. Tho I wonder how they'll follow up that ending.

Hanasaku Iroha 01
The last of P.A. Works' "working girls" series that I haven't seen. I loved Shirobako and Aquatope on the White Sand but was kinda meh on Sakura Quest (I don't even remember if I finished it). But let's see how this one goes.

Ohana's mom and grandma are AWFUL lol. Why would she pinch her ass 😭
Hoo boy, this is quite a colorful cast of characters. Really brave to make almost everyone unlikeable on the first episode.

Hambulance

Oct 30, 2017
Slime 6:

Are we sure Rimuru isn't in hell rather than isekai?
Everybody be stuck in these corporate meetings.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Slime 6:

Are we sure Rimuru isn't in hell rather than isekai?
Everybody be stuck in these corporate meetings.
Nah that's it's own spinoff
51XmYShUsLL.jpg

It did give us the epicness that is Buff Rimiru tho
Edit since I mentioned it may as well show it. Also would love to see this get adapted as an ova XD
IMG_4258.png

Last edited:

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
stuff is part of the show. Looking forward to season 2. Tho I wonder how they'll follow up that ending.

Hanasaku Iroha 01
The last of P.A. Works' "working girls" series that I haven't seen. I loved Shirobako and Aquatope on the White Sand but was kinda meh on Sakura Quest (I don't even remember if I finished it). But let's see how this one goes.

Ohana's mom and grandma are AWFUL lol. Why would she pinch her ass 😭
Hoo boy, this is quite a colorful cast of characters. Really brave to make almost everyone unlikeable on the first episode.

was just thinking about this series since i haven't seen anyone talk about it in years it was prime PA works for me with their working girls genre , it's a pretty brutal start
but i feel like i overall ended up liking a lot of the cast by the end and then the movie !

salad 6
this show really is just the uprising of livia huh lol main character status

laid back 6
my heart final notes of this arc hit me with the comfy feels what a long trip it was despite not being that long ... did sorta forget about the other gang up till this episode

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
SilentStorm Mewzard
In stuff that's cool but frustrating, they've been interviewing all the new Kinnikuman VA's for POA on the official YouTube… but didn't sub any of it https://m.youtube.com/@kin29man-anime/videos

They're done with the justice choujin and have done Ste-case King and Buffaloman too

I get why but I can still be bummed XD. But it's pretty cool that the new VA's are all spending 6-9 minutes talking about the characters and I assume their history with the series(heck for Meat's his VA took her sweet time talking for 14 minutes!). Easy to tell how much of a prestige show this is

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
SilentStorm Mewzard
In stuff that's cool but frustrating, they've been interviewing all the new Kinnikuman VA's for POA on the official YouTube… but didn't sub any of it https://m.youtube.com/@kin29man-anime/videos

They're done with the justice choujin and have done Ste-case King and Buffaloman too

I get why but I can still be bummed XD. But it's pretty cool that the new VA's are all spending 6-9 minutes talking about the characters and I assume their history with the series(heck for Meat's his VA took her sweet time talking for 14 minutes!). Easy to tell how much of a prestige show this is

That's pretty cool. Man, I can't wait for the series to start. Hope we get an English-subbed release and a dub.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Salad Bowl 6
Livia: wait was this what I was after?
Also Noa just letting her dark secrets out in the open XD. This is Livia's world we're just livin in it
That's pretty cool. Man, I can't wait for the series to start. Hope we get an English-subbed release and a dub.
Subbed I'm not too worried on, Pony Canyon is distributor and I don't think any of their stuff hasn't been picked up in the last couple years, heck even the super niche Snack Busue got grabbed by crunchyroll last season(makes me wonder if they'll grab this too). On top of being a production IG joint. Dub is gonna depend on who grabs it. With Crunchy having the best odds of doing one. Don't think this will be a Disney grab at least, they usually announce super early on global grabs

Edit: also thankfully this series is no longer subject to the bizarre whims and rules of Toei.

Last edited: