Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Didn't realize Bastard!! and Cyberpunk Edgerunners were streaming this summer, decided to add Call of the Night too, where they'll join Danmachi, Hataraku Maou-sama, and Suspicious Maid.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
In for Call of the Night and Part-Timer, might take the time to catch up on Danmachi as well and watch the new season

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I gave Dragon Quest Dai Adventure or whatever a shot. Only made it to episode 6. I can see why people like it but I kept getting distracted. Couldn't really hold my interest. Dai didn't seem interesting to me. Does it get better? When does it get better?

Watching Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor now. This is scritchin that scratch for me but I may get bored of it. We'll see.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
40 cours of desert ...

I actually didn't know that Tatami and CP are slotted for this season, makes the landscape look bit more promising.

user was banned for this post.

Isn't n-ko kill anyhow.

I'll be here to collect apologies and recanted statements after the Science SARU stuff justifies this season alone.
wP4MvyE.jpeg

the greatest Anime ever made Clannad & Clannad After Story. Masterpiece.......
what do i get from it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So I gave Dragon Quest Dai Adventure or whatever a shot. Only made it to episode 6. I can see why people like it but I kept getting distracted. Couldn't really hold my interest. Dai didn't seem interesting to me. Does it get better? When does it get better?

Depends what you want to get out of it. It is one of the original shonens from the 80s, so it's very much that. Not to expect any special story or anything, it's just the idea of a JRPG anime. Some surprises along the way, but I find it comfort food as a shonen action series, with good animation.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends what you want to get out of it. It is one of the original shonens from the 80s, so it's very much that. Not to expect any special story or anything, it's just the idea of a JRPG anime. Some surprises along the way, but I find it comfort food as a shonen action series, with good animation.
I'm watching the 2020 version. I don't know if that makes a difference. Should I stick with it until a certain arc? I know some anime can be a slog in the beginning.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the 2020 version. I don't know if that makes a difference. Should I stick with it until a certain arc? I know some anime can be a slog in the beginning.
it does get better soon imo, the stuff in 20s episodes are some of the highest points of the series, if you didn't like it by then, i would say it's safe to leave it

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
First Bastard episode was...fine...i guess? Animation quality was bad at times but mostly it was okay. For now it is a faithful adaption of the manga.

Oct 25, 2017
Im glad I gave Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? a second chance, it picked up like right after where I dropped it back when it came out

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Isekai Ojisan episode 1 (preair)
I was apprehensive about this since a lot of the promo material hasn't been good, but the finished product ended up being great. The comedic timing is spot on and Koyasu is doing a fantastic job as the protagonist.

It looks like they managed to get permission to use footage and music from the various Sega games that get referenced, the Sonic 2 and Alien Soldier references in the first few chapters were left completely intact. The 7th Force boss fight theme from Alien Soldier even started playing at one point.

The opening references stuff all the way up to the chapter that would be the most natural stopping point, so now there's a bunch of moments I'm looking forward to. I'm feeling really good about this one being one of the best shows of the season. Hopefully we get Aoi Yuki singing the ED theme for Nights into Dreams

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
looks like im really going to have to sub to hi-dive soon. how are the apps? I usually watch on my PS5 but theres no playstation app. -_-

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
looks like im really going to have to sub to hi-dive soon. how are the apps? I usually watch on my PS5 but theres no playstation app. -_-
Xbox let's you swap text color at least. No issues getting stuff to play but the resume function/continue watching list can be hit or miss

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Machikado Mazoku S2 END

And Ugallu finally joins the team. Show was great just like the first season, Lico and Ugallu in animated form is great, and Shamiko is still the best.

Hopefully we get season 3 now, since the story starts getting pretty wild from here.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Macross Frontier: The Wings of Farewell

That was a great time and everyone that said the movies were better were right. I wasn't sure what was going to happen going into it so I was fully engaged throughou but that ending sure was bittersweet though.

Hoping we get release news out of this panel. Feels like it's no coincidence it's happening the day after the second Frontier movie hit the US. Delta stuff in the images has me hopeful the Delta movies are coming later this year now.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I've used it on AppleTV and Roku, it's not a great app when comparing it to a normal streaming app, but in comparison to Crunchyroll/Funi? It's incredible

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Fushigi Yugi 24
Yessss second quest started, I'm excited. Oh yeah, rip flute boy.

Fushigi Yugi 25
Yesssssss power ups, I love it. More love drama hahaha. " Marry me," "I'm only 15" "yeah that's the perfect age" ok, who wrote this? Have you been talking to Natsuki Takaya?

"Yui loves you more than you realise" 🤔🤔🤔 Yui is gay? I can see it.

Fushigi Yugi 26
Hahaha, Miaka's reaction to having to be chaste for however long it takes to find this McGuffin was incredible. Oof, that ending. Been a while since something really disturbing has happened in this show.

Fushigi Yugi 27
Wow that was absolutely brutal. Very impressive episode, I forgot this show could go this dark.

Recap

Fushigi Yugi 29
Oooh, actually interesting stuff happening with the brother. The implication is killing a virgin girl summons the beast god and you get three wishes. Yep, I'd believe it.

Last edited:

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, this year is awful anime-wise. After Demon Slayer and AoT ended I don't really care for anything. Last season sucked besides SxF and this one seems at least as bad if not worse.
I guess I'll try the Kakegurui spin-off, but not sure what's the point of this without Yumeko.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Didn't realize Bastard!! and Cyberpunk Edgerunners were streaming this summer, decided to add Call of the Night too, where they'll join Danmachi, Hataraku Maou-sama, and Suspicious Maid.

yeah, all the episodes for Bastard are up too, guess they are not doing weekly releases for it either, wonder if this is an indication of something 🤔

probably not lol

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Summertime Render 12

some interesting revelations in this episode! giving some clarity as to Shinpei's power and what he is capable of. Loop de Loop!

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I watched this little anime about table tennis and it got me thinking that maybe this anime thing isnt so bad after all
shame it never got a second season

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
1. More Lycoris Recoil

2. Also very excited for Kumichou Musume / Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting!

Last edited:

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Last Shamiko episode was kind of boring despite adding a new character. Clearly the need to do a 3rd season to make up for it.

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I watched this little anime about table tennis and it got me thinking that maybe this anime thing isnt so bad after all
shame it never got a second season
Oh, another Scorching Ping Pong Girls fan? With how its final episode focused explicitly on the act of "passing the baton" to the newer generation (the first year members on the club), it was clear this would remain as an incomplete adaptation for the story of the actual protagonists. :-(

And given the recent success of Healer Girl too, I won't forget the infamy of we all failing Mr. Irie, because we didn't get him to achieve the goal for his personal Kickstarter project:

Yasuhiro Irie's Animation film "Halloween Pajama in Seattle" by Yasuhiro Irie — Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1489287301/yasuhiro-iries-animation-film-halloween-pajama-in

I adore PING PONG THE ANIMATION as well, but I just wanted the opportunity to mention in here all the above instead... :-P

Last edited:

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Bastard for the first time. I know very little about it other than its cult status

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
The Big O 4, 5

I'm kind of annoyed this show is about giant robots, because I love the quiet noir parts so much more. Every episode I get disappointed when it turns out the noir mystery's conclusion is "And a giant robot was the problem".

Just give me a proper full on noir written by Konaka ahhhh

Roger is an excellent hero to root for, displaying style, grace, and personality in spades. I'm looking forward to seeing Dorothy have more of a role in the future.

I also quite like how measured the show is with its exposition - with how little we learn in each episode, every detail about the city feels important.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the third episode of Bastard and it's not really what I expected. The intro was what I expected from promo material and the way some people have talked about it. It's definitely a remake of an older anime

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
The Big O 4, 5

I'm kind of annoyed this show is about giant robots, because I love the quiet noir parts so much more. Every episode I get disappointed when it turns out the noir mystery's conclusion is "And a giant robot was the problem".

Roger is an excellent hero to root for, displaying style, grace, and personality in spades. I'm looking forward to seeing Dorothy have more of a role in the future.

I also quite like how measured the show is with its exposition - with how little we learn in each episode, every detail about the city feels important.
How do you feel about tomatoes ?

I dunno how much of it is my memory lying to me but I recall there being either episodes or at least longish of very stylish noir sequences somewhere in the middle.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
The Big O 4, 5

It's not noir but Texhnolyze might scratch that itch.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I mean, I get that they've probably lost money the last couple of years with no expo, but man that is something. I expected it to be bad (it's been linecon for several years now) but not that bad.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I went there for celebration back in like '08. That is an insane amount of people to fill that place like that. That's a literal health and fire hazard. Greedy as heck organizers

I'm not really sure how they're being greedy though? The demand was insatiable, they could have charged like 6x times as much for tickets. Honestly should have given how insane the crowds are.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, another Scorching Ping Pong Girls fan? With how its final episode focus explicitly on the act of "passing the baton" to the newer generation (the first year members on the club), it was clear this would remain as an incomplete adaptation for the story of the actual protagonists. :-(

Given the recent success of Healer Girl too, I can't forget that we all failed Mr. Irie to get him to achieve the goal for his personal Kickstarter project:

...damnit lol

you-got-me-walter-white.gif

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Phantom of the Idol 1
Oh no, Yuya is pure scum using the lingering desires of a ghost of an idol so she can possess him and do all the work XD. Fun set off. Poor Asahi. The post credits with his fangirls wondering if they hallucinated the whole thing was hilarious XD

Fun start to the summer season

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I'm a little annoyed that these are being made by 3 different companies but it will be nice to have some Macross BDs released over here, finally.

Also saw the 2nd of the Frontier movies last night and it was a good time. Was nice seeing the same people come back for the second one. Any more movies they put out here I will gladly go to.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
? Isn't Nozomi/Rightstuf releasing all of these?
Rightstuf is F and Delta, Anime LTD is Plus, AnimeEigo is II. It's a silly thing but I bought most of the Gundam releases from RightStuff and appreciated the consistency.

Best Macross 7 is left high and dry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.