Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017

zyHsaNC.png

Printer Paper 8 X 11 has risen from the grave to deliver the summer banner which is inexplicably about Ai Mai Mi. Being lazy and lifting the blurbs from Anilist again.

New Stuff

fH4BNxa.jpg

Bastard!! -Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy-
PV

In a post apocalyptic world of heavy metal fantasy, the only thing able to save humans from orcs, lizard men, and other monsters is something even MORE evil. Sealed within a 14-year-old boy, the chaotic wizard Dark Schneider is unleashed to fight four mighty generals and their plot to resurrect the evil god Anslasax.

Why did this finally get a new adaptation? I've no idea but I'm here for it.

iIviyWX.png

Call of the Night
PV

Wracked by insomnia and wanderlust, Kou Yamori is driven onto the moonlit streets every night in an aimless search for something he can't seem to name. His nightly ritual is marked by purposeless introspection — until he meets Nazuna, who might just be a vampire! Kou's new companion could offer him dark gifts and a vampire's immortality. But there are conditions that must be met before Kou can sink his teeth into vampirism, and he'll have to discover just how far he's willing to go to satisfy his desires before he can heed the Call of the Night!

QEDz5dB.jpg

RWBY: Ice Queendom
PV

RWBY: Ice Queendom presents RWBY in beautiful 2D anime visuals. RWBY imagines a world filled with horrific monsters bent on death and destruction, and humanity's only hope is dependent upon powerful Huntsmen and Huntresses. Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long are four such Huntresses in training whose journeys will take them far past the grounds of their school, Beacon Academy. Though each may be powerful on their own, these four girls must overcome dark forces and work as a team if they truly hope to become the next generation of Remnant's protectors.

QTtM4Tz.jpg

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
PV

One day, college student Yuuhi Amamiya is approached by talking lizard Sir Noi Crezant. Crezant immediately launches into a fantastical story: the powerful mage Animus intends to destroy the earth with his biscuit hammer, a huge contraption looming high in earth's orbit. Earth's only hope lies with the princess and her Beast Knights, whose task is to protect the princess and defeat Animus. Yuuhi is chosen as the Lizard Beast Knight, and despite his misgivings, is quickly forced to defend himself from a golem created by the mage. He is saved by his neighbor, the princess Asahina Samidare, and swears loyalty to her. However, the princess does not intend to save the earth at all. She lets Yuuhi in on her real motivations: to prevent Animus from destroying the earth, only to then annihilate the planet by her own hand. The pair continue to fight off attacks by Animus's golems while the remaining Beast Knights are slowly being gathered and learning to use their powers. But Yuuhi will have to decide for himself whether to go along with Asahina's plans, whom he is getting close to, or to save the earth. In the process, he must also confront his true self, and determine where his loyalties truly lie.

872n6NQ.png

KAKEGURUI TWIN
PV

As a first-year student of the renowned Hyakkaou Private Academy, Mary Saotome knows her future is set for a one-way cruise to the top... That is, until an encounter with an old-classmate-turned-housepet throws the newbie princess into the world of gambling! Can a normal girl like Mary make friends and survive debtless through only wit and luck? Find out in this prequel to the mega-popular Kakegurui!

QHVfHo2.jpg

Cyberpunk:Edgerunners
PV

An original anime series set in in the universe of Cyberpunk 2077. CYBERPUNK: EDGERUNNERS tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he chooses to stay alive by becoming an edgerunner—a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.

Cautiously optimistic about this but it hinges entirely on just how Imaishi it ends up being.

6uKYM2n.jpg

Luminous Witches
PV

The anime centers on a unique squadron of "Witches who don't fight." Instead, the squadron sing and perform music to protect the smiles of those who have been driven out of their hometowns by the Neuroi.

JR9efiT.jpg

Yurei Deco
PV

The story begins when Berry, an average girl from an average home, meets Hack, a girl who looks like a boy. Charmed by Hack, Berry meets up with the team Hack leads, the Ghost Detectives Club. Members of this club are "socially dead," working invisibly within the digitally controlled society of Tom Sawyer. As she works with the group, Berry learns about Zero, a mysterious figure who lurks within Tom Sawyer's underground. She and Hack decide to chase down this figure, and in time, the truth behind the city is revealed…

eV8BKuB.png

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡
PV

The scientists of the μ(Mew) Project use DNA of endangered species to create a team of heroines imbued with amazing super-human abilities. One of them, Ichigo Momomiya, awakens to discover she is armed with all the skills of a Iriomote cat. Ichigo must band together with other Mew Mew girls to repel an alien incursion, all the while hiding their thrilling double lives from friends and family.

itpoCAo.jpg

The Maid I Recently Hired is Mysterious
PV

There's something really strange about the maid I just hired! No normal person could be so beautiful, or cook such amazingly delicious food, or know exactly what I want before I even ask. She must be using magic—right, a spell is the only thing that can explain why my chest feels so tight whenever I look at her. I swear, I'm going to get to the bottom of what makes this maid so...mysterious!

3cWJKa2.jpg

Uncle From Another World
PV
Seventeen years ago, Takafumi's uncle fell into a coma, but now he's back like a man risen from his grave. Soon, Takafumi discovers two bizarre things: His uncle treasures video games above all else, and, while comatose, he was actually transported to another world as some heroic guardian! Now, not only does Takafumi have to room with an uncle who is literally magical, he also has to catch the guy up on two decades of history—smartphones, high-speed internet, modern anime tropes…and the traumatic outcome of the '90s console war!

iMOvt3Z.png

Tatami Time Machine Blues
PV

Note: Releasing in Japan as a standalone film on September 30, 2022 with the same content, the anime will have a planned earlier episodic release on Disney+ before the theatrical run.

Returning Stuff

gX1Ki9u.png

Made in Abyss S2
PV

Directly after the events of Made in Abyss: Fukaki Tamashii no Reimei, the third installment of Made in Abyss covers the adventures of Reg, Riko, and Nanachi in the Sixth Layer, The Capital of the Unreturned.
This show was something of a flashpoint in the community when it first aired. Last I saw (and it's been a while), moderation had said it was fine to discuss the show but downplaying the questionable elements would be actionable. As such, it'll be left to their discretion if discussion will be permitted with the new show.

EvLsJVD.png

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth
PV

Chaos has taken hold of the land as a conniving general has unlawfully seized the throne of the mighty Yamato Empire. The only ones that stand in his way are a couple of familiar faces who must rally different kingdoms together and fight against the powerful Imperial army.

fi6L4IR.png

Orient S2
PV

The ferocious battle of Awaji Island begins now! With the appearance of the all-powerful Kishin, the land of Hinomoto is now dominated by oni, instead of humans. Musashi and Kanemaki Kojiro set out from their hometown swearing the form the strongest Bushi band of all time, and after encountering Hattori Tsugumi on their trip, the three of them found the Kanemaki Bushi. After obtaining the only weapons that can slay oni, Kitetsu Blades, they have taken the first big step towards their dream. In Harima, Musashi's group will encounter the massive band of Uesugui Bushi, and their leader Uesugi Tatsuomi. They have gathered to slay the giant Kishin that threatens to consume the Awaji island: Yamata no Orochi, the Artillery Wyrm. Joining them are Takeda Naotora and the Takeda Bushi, along with several Bushi the same age as Musashi like Shimazu Akihiro and Amako Katsumi. There's also the slightly sheltered, shy princess, Saruwatari Michiru. As different agendas swirl and interact, Musashi and his friends join the Kishin hunt. Yamata no Orochi is an unstoppable demon god that's never been scratched before. And so, the fiercest battle of all begins…

xBJVP6R.png

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV
PV

Intrepid adventurer Bell Cranel has leveled up, but he can't rest on his dungeoneering laurels just yet. The Hestia Familia still has a long way to go before it can stand toe-to-toe with the other Familias of Orario — but before Bell can set out on his next mission, reports of a brutal murder rock the adventuring community! One of Bell's trusted allies stands accused of the horrible crime, and it's up to Bell and his friends to clear their name and uncover a nefarious plot brewing in the dungeon's dark depths.

QJm5E3p.png

Rent-a-Girlfriend S2
PV

A hopeless college student, Kinoshita Kazuya, meets a graceful rental girlfriend, Mizuhara Chizuru, and ends up introducing her as his girlfriend to his family and friends. Time goes on with Kazuya unable to tell the truth, as he's surrounded by devilish ex-girlfriend Nanami Mami, who keeps coming back to tempt him for some reason, hyper-aggressive provisional girlfriend Sarashina Ruka, who doesn't know how to take no for an answer, and super shy but diligent and hardworking younger rental girlfriend, Sakurasawa Sumi… beautiful girlfriends of all types! The pub, the beach, hot springs, Christmas, and New Year's… Having gone through these challenging events, Kazuya's feelings for Chizuru keep growing stronger. But she reveals a shocking truth that threatens to shake their "relationship" to the very core!

5A9Qk37.jpg

Love Live! Superstar!! 2
PV

The second season of Love Live! Superstar!!

eKtuSR4.png

Dropkick on my Devil!! X
PV

The third season of Jashin-chan Dropkick.

D3DH3AZ.jpg

The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2
PV

The second season of Hataraku Maou-sama!

DPFrC3C.jpg

Overlord IV
PV

The fourth season of Overlord.

Zben0ts.png

Shadows House S2
PV

The second season of Shadows House

6ncqdX0.png

Classroom of the Elite II
PV

The second season of Classroom of the Elite

Anilist sure isn't giving me much to work with here.

~*~*~From the Desk of N-ko~*~*~
0VJuzI0l.png

It's come to my attention that Netflix Jail is no longer acceptable terminology and henceforth such shows should be referred to as still on N-ko's desk waiting for her approval.

Recent Approvals:
Spriggan
Bastard!! -Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy-

Pending approval:
Uncle From Another World 7/6
KAKEGURUI TWIN 8/4
Rilakkuma's Theme Park Adventure 8/25
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean S2 9/1
Cyberpunk: Edgerunners 9/2022

Resources

Summer 2022 Shows
Summer 2022, Who Has What Shows
ResetEra Anime of the Decade Results Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Decade Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2021 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2021 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2020 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2020 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Results Full Spreadsheet Doc
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Results Full Spreadsheet Doc
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2017 Results

Discussion Ground Rules
- Please do not discuss piracy.
- Please keep it work-safe.
- Please do not be stupid.
-DONT POST ANITUBER VIDEOS (In Particular the big name ones Gigg, Mother's Basement, Digi etc..(Those three in particular endorsed the scams of Flying Colors and/or Otakucoin), Baka-Bishie's post found here explains the rationale of why this rule was put into place and links resources to more details on what occurred during one of these scams. Smaller Youtube channel videos can be posted, but please only post them if you think it if you think it will cause actual discussion or gives non-low hanging fruit knowledge.​

Last edited:
OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be here to collect apologies and recanted statements after the Science SARU stuff justifies this season alone.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Hi, I hope everyone is well. I'll be hiding in the discord as usual, but just know that I love you all, peace.

Oh, LOTS of fun stuff coming this season!

Also, watch the greatest Anime ever made Clannad & Clannad After Story. Masterpiece.......

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Just Tokyo Mew Mew and Tatami Time Machine Blues for me.

*Goes back to watching Fushigi Yugi*

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Fushigi Yugi 21
Those were some interesting animation errors 🤣🤣 Good lord, hold your horses a little bit Hotohori, is not even been a day since Tamahome got cursed and you're already making moves on Miaka. This guy 😂

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Fushigi Yugi 22
What did I tell you? 4 episodes and we got our boy back. *Flute intensifies*

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I played Utawarerumono Mask of Truth and it was intriguing. don't know how well it will translate into anime tbh.

also I guess Rent a Girlfriend is coming back.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
looks like a low season for me, but more time to catch up on Healer Girl, Dynasty Warriors Club Mix edition, and Lesbian Golf

Vaguely interested if isekai ojisan will be any good, but the manga is pretty grotesque in art style, so not sure how much I'll be able to stomach

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
I'm continuing to watch Summertime Render, its absolutely amazing, and I'll be sad when the op/ed changes. Before this thread, I was already paying attention to Cyberpunk, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Bastard, and the Dr. Stone special. Thanks to this thread, I'm going to give Yurei Deco a shot. It looks like it has some of the same energy that Flip Flappers had.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and Devil is a Part Timer 2 also has my attention

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm not sure I fully remember what happened in Devil is a Part Timer S1. I guess I'm in though.
Nothing else super exciting this season for me, I'll wait for impressions here first for some of these.

Is the Uncle from Another World a Sega fan? That could be a maybe.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Chill season for me since i'm behind on every Spring seasonals aside from Spy x Family... Though i'm definitely excited for Yofukashi no Uta and Kumichou Musume if we're talking about new shows...

Also, new thread, new anime!

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
https://animehunch.com/jujutsu-kaisen-0-earns-inr-₹1-5-cr-on-its-first-day-in-india-beats-bollywood-new-releases/

The JJK0 film just opened in India and apparently it's another country with a lot of anime fans in general that gets underserved. Made approximately $250,000 on opening day and looks to be well onto the way to being the highest earning anime film there. Even beat out the local films. Basically they need to start releasing these huge IP films worldwide and they'd make some serious bank.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
getting really sick of the hidive app deciding to just cut out half a second of audio every single time it hits a buffer. i would take a mediocre load beforehand instead if it would stop this goddamn skipping

how am i supposed to enjoy shamiko's adventures like this

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
New thread so May as well post my list

cachedImage.png

Plenty of fun new stuff for me. Some adaptions of stuff I enjoyed too. May do Lycoris Recoil subbed at first so I can do it with my discord group as a group watch. I've read a good chunk of the new Isekai adaptions if anyone has questions
A shamiko-less season begins... but at least there's Chizuru this season.
Not for me, I still have weeks of the dub left

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i should put an order in for vol 5 of the manga at kinokuniya

need more shamiko

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
Shamiko hasn't finished yet and already a new OT. What all starts Friday? Also feels like we have a few stragglers from this season mainly Shikkimori.

The new shows aren't really catching my eye but I am excited for the returning shows.

Birdie Wing - Not much of a finale but also not the worst place to end off at (looking at you Spy X Family). Kind of feels like this was supposed to be a continuous 2 cour. Can't wait for the second season.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
excited for biscuit hammer and . . . i guess overlord

gonna pick up a lot of things as they start airing, but kinda hope i don't end up with 30 again like this last season lol

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Shamiko hasn't finished yet and already a new OT. What all starts Friday? Also feels like we have a few stragglers from this season mainly Shikkimori.

Another complaint about HiDive, damn thing doesn't localise timezones correctly, so three weeks in a row I have booted it up only to find Shamiko still has not yet unleashed her demonic terrors for the week and is instead still sleeping...

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Hello!

Doesnt seem like a lot of stuff that interests me but I'm sure I'll find something. Still watching some stuff thats still airing like Cuckoo. Episode 10 of that sure was confusing, I honestly like this show. Thought it was a Nisekoi ripoff at first but now I need a family flow chart

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Bastard!! -Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy- 1

So the secret of using all these copyrighted terms is just to put a disclaimer up front saying this is fictional and it's just a coincidence.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Kaguya manga is ending soon so I suppose a full adaptation is a lock at this point.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Sequels mean I have 4 shows locked in for the season (Danmachi, Overlord, Devil is a Part-Timer, and Rent-a-Girlfriend). I try to limit myself to 5 shows a season so I don't get burnt out, but I only watched 4 last season. I may just not use my last available slot again so I have more time for other hobbies.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah for more shotacon, loli's having violent things done to them, Bell picking up more women outside of a dungeon, magical catgirls, and the Devil serving you fries.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
i thought the implication was that the switch might not have been an accident

"The cuckoo lays its eggs in other birds' nests to spare itself the effort of raising its own young."

"A cuckoo's egg is a metaphor for brood parasitism, where a parasitic bird deposits its egg into a host's nest, which then incubates and feeds the chick that hatches, even at the expense of its own offspring."

Try to make this logic work with the anime and the photo.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
"The cuckoo lays its eggs in other birds' nests to spare itself the effort of raising its own young."

"A cuckoo's egg is a metaphor for brood parasitism, where a parasitic bird deposits its egg into a host's nest, which then incubates and feeds the chick that hatches, even at the expense of its own offspring."

Try to make this logic work with the anime and the photo.

i instantly thought the guy might not have wanted his son to grow up rich and spoiled, but i guess we'll find out soon enough

this anime has been kinda dry so far so something crazy happening would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.