• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
New ToG trailer and expanded staff and Cast list:

Cast:
Anaak Jahad - Akira Sekine
Endorsi Jahad - Rie Suegara
Yuri Jahad - Mariko Honda
Evan Endroch - Kazuyuki Okitsu
Hatz - Toshinari Fukamachi
Khun Aguero Agnes - Nobuhiko Okamoto
Rak Wraithraiser - Kenta Miyake
Shibisu - Takuya Eguchi

Original Story by
SIU

Director
Takashi Sano

Co-Director
Hirokazu Hanai

Series Composition
Erika Yoshida

Character Design
Masashi Kudoh
Miho Tanino

Prop Design
Kenji Masuda

Creature Design
Masahiko Suzuki

BG Art Director
Keiichiro Shimizu

Color Setting
Satoshi Hashimoto

3DCG Director
Ryouta Takano

Special Effects Supervisor
Kumiko Taniguchi

Sound Director
Takayuki Yamaguchi

Editor
Kazuhiro Nii

Sound Effects
Yasuyuki Konno
Yui Ando

Music
Kevin Penkin

Music Producer
Hiromitsu Iijima

Music Production
IRMA LA DOUCE

Animation Production
Telecom Animation Film

Produced By
Tower of God Animation Partners

Character designs here

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one kinda thinking that Eizoken takes place in a near-future after a climate disaster?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Keep Your Hands off Eizouken! Ep - 5

"I cry in the bath every night about how big the universe is!"

tenor.gif

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
One episode in and the Beastars dub is already fantastic. I'm blown away. All three main characters sound perfect. Not just their voices either; their performances. Even the lip sync is good, which is crazy considering this is CG.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Beastars 1-4

Strong direction so far. Good world building. Boy I wish the frame rate on these models was much higher, there is something very robotic here, they do look fantastic though. I like all that is being presented. Also WTF was that at the end of the second episode why why would they show that!

Also that was quite the play they put up on stage. Good themes good themes! Very good show.

Last edited:

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
you know that feel when you're just so done with the world you just want to watch some Love Live and pass out? That's where I am right now

This but Dog Days

later eps do dive into their characters some more, although it never really goes much deeper than your typical iyashikei. maybe I'm overrating it a bit because it's been awhile since there's been such a consistent iyashikei (I don't remember summer/fall 2019 having any standouts?)

True, aside from The Demon Girl Next Door, I dont remember any standouts. Which is weird because I feel like I watched a ton of those last year.

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Id: Invaded 11
John Walker's identity was fairly obvious after a few episodes but it was nice to get confirmation. Good twist at the end, now we know how the Well works.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
it's an absolute travesty that casshern sins #18 isn't discussed alongside penguindrum #9 and the final episodes of evangelion as one of the defining episodes of surreal arthouse anime. then again, casshern sins overall is criminally overlooked

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Just got a cancellation for the upcoming Made in Abyss movie. Hopefully they end up streaming it online in the future since it probably won't be rescheduled.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Just got a cancellation for the upcoming Made in Abyss movie. Hopefully they end up streaming it online in the future since it probably won't be rescheduled.

I'm crossing my fingers that Digimon Kizuna will also show up on Crunchyroll or something, like all of Tri did... (None of my close theaters had it, anyways).

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Marathoned all of Beastars in 1 night.

Really great show, the first episode is a bit of a red herring as to what the rest of the show is about. Its honestly pretty amazing, I guess I should check out the manga. Show was wildly different from what I was imagining it to be, high school drama shit rules.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't gotten my cancellation yet but I emailed the theater yesterday and got told
Thank you for your question and reaching out. In the event that a theatre would close or a movie is cancelled we will communicate proactively to our guests and refund tickets or offer for a future date. At Marcus Theatres and Movie Tavern by Marcus, the well-being and safety of our guests and associates is a top priority. We are open for business, continue to monitor the evolving coronavirus situation, and will cooperate fully with the decisions and direction provided by local health agencies. The steps we are taking at our theatres to respond to COVID-19 prevention follow the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and area health department guidelines and can be found HERE – in a letter sent to our Magical Movie Rewards members.

I'm really hoping that if there is a later date for this movie they will just move my tickets there as I got on them right away, and it's assigned seating and I had the best seats in the theater >.<

but alas I will understand if they just refund because who knows if Sentai will even be able to line up a later theater run.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I haven't gotten my cancellation yet but I emailed the theater yesterday and got told

I'm really hoping that if there is a later date for this movie they will just move my tickets there as I got on them right away, and it's assigned seating and I had the best seats in the theater >.<

but alas I will understand if they just refund because who knows if Sentai will even be able to line up a later theater run.
I tweeted at Sentai, but no guarantee they'll respond. I do wonder if they'll make an announcement or not...they are still promoting ticket sales for it on their site and some theaters are still technically still open or at half capacity.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 E23:
And here I thought they'd end the season on this.

Pour one out for the people hoping Taichi's confession would end well. All you get are Black Cards.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 23
Taichi is finally free. Even shed his coward status! (for a whole five minutes before leaving without talking at end of episode but I think he can get a pass for that).

Komano true MVP for achieving his goals but his first thought being others/the Karuta club. What a champ.

That "I don't like the person you are when you are with Arata line" oof. Tough look. Taichi at least got a response. It is unclear to me if Arata and Chihaya have really talked in the 3 or 4 months since he declared his love.

The flashback to Arata declaration scene was a good reminder of how much better that was. I don't remember that live together part?

Can't wait for whenever we have a next Taichi/Arata scene. They are in each others heads.

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 23
Taichi, my boy, you finally did it. And, after the response from Chihaya, I feel he's made the right decision. You can't be playing with people's hearts like that, Chihaya. I'm still shook from this episode. Wow, was it beautiful.

Chihayafuru S3 23
The flashback to Arata declaration scene was a good reminder of how much better that was. I don't remember that live together part?

I'm pretty sure they were trying to imply what "let's play karuta together" really meant.

Pokemon Twilight Wings 3
IMG_20200317_152054.jpg

Last edited:

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru

Man, what an amazing episode. Lots of gorgeous scenes, especially of Taichi and Chihaya.

Taichi just racked up Ls this whole season but at least it led to some growth and reflection. I'm proud of him for finally telling the truth and choosing not to run away. I'm also proud that he didnt forcefully kiss her because that would have been really awful. Good boys always get consent!

I feel bad for Chihaya and the rest of the club but Taichis gotta come back some day. That last shot was stunning.

Hoping for Kana to accept Desktomus confession.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Bang Dream S3 10-11

CHU2 backstory time. Spoiled rich brat who sucked at music despite coming from a musically-inclined family, so she runs a band and becomes a DJ to feel like she's important to music. Fine stuff and all. PAREO backstory time. Role model student who longed to be cute and free from her expectations, so she latched onto CHU2 as a way for freedom or something? Yeah, she's clearly got some issues with just how devoted she is. That's probably it for the anime, but hopefully the game will elaborate more. CHU2 not knowing her address and no one else knowing her name was pathetic. Nice to see LAYER trying to step it up as the face of the band, but honestly she's still lacking right now. LOCK and especially MASKING were the real highlights with their amazing dynamic and actually trying to find PAREO. MASKING best RAS now, which is not what I expected. As for the results.
They copped out. At least Roselia is still too cool for the others to compete with. Best band remains best band. RAS and PoPiPa tying when their numerical values are in the thousands is really stretching it even accounting for RAS falling apart near the end and Arisa pushing PoPiPa to the max. Ah well, at least Budokan will be fun.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 E23

HOLY SHIT WHAT A FUCKING EPISODE. Im crying. Taichi my boy. god damn what a beautiful episode.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also proud that he didnt forcefully kiss her because that would have been really awful. Good boys always get consent!
I actually just realized seeing this scene in the anime that the kiss was the prize for Chihaya winning the Taichi Cup and thus clearing the record between them. Not Taichi forcing himself on her which makes a lot more sense in that context.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Chihaya S3 23

Well. That's a beautiful way to destroy my heart. As usual incredible direction leads to powerful emotion. I guess I'm all in on team Karuta now because without Taichi I don't know if I have it me to watch whatever this Arata story eventually looks like.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Chihaya..... how is it not Taichi, he's always been there

So frustrating. But so beautiful. So bittersweet.

I love this story. I just don't know how I can deal with this. Still processing. Wow

Oct 25, 2017
The Isekai we need.

The manga's story begins when Kōichi, a tall player in his high school basketball team, is whisked away to another world while masturbating. There, he arrives in a kingdom of giants, and is asked by the kingdom's first prince to be his bride and bear his child.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
No Guns Life 01

Alphonse Elric (armor version) is teleported to a cyberpunk world and has his helmet replaced with a gun. I like where this is going.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I Reincarnated Into A World Where A Pandemic Had Destroyed The False Veil Of Late Capitalism And Killed A Lot Of People But Actually It Was My World Just About Three Months In The Future

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I Reincarnated Into A World Where A Pandemic Had Destroyed The False Veil Of Late Capitalism And Killed A Lot Of People But Actually It Was My World Just About Three Months In The Future
Do You Love Your Flu and Its Multi-Targeting, Double-Hit Symptoms?

Yours is much cleverer than mine 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.