• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
KonoSuba Movie

100 points for great sense of humors and -50 points for...well, go watch the entire cuz I'm not going to spoil it for ya.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I know exactly what that negative score is for. I completely agree.

The way the present and treat the main antagonist is just disgusting.
Honestly I was happy enough that they toned it down from the book that I was willing to give it a pass when I watched it in theaters a month or three ago.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
you know how sometimes a wild twitter thread sells you on a show more than the show itself?

i didnt even really like symphogear 1 (apart from Chris)

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Chihayafuru 1 - 5

So after hearing everybody gushing about the series I decided to give it a watch to see what all the hullabaloo is about.

...this is really good...I don't usually like sports anime...but something about this is really good so far, can't even put my finger on it.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Chihayafuru 1 - 5

So after hearing everybody gushing about the series I decided to give it a watch to see what all the hullabaloo is about.

...this is really good...I don't usually like sports anime...but something about this is really good so far, can't even put my finger on it.

Right? I think it has excellent direction and the characters are very different and layered in what motivates them. It's a sport based on poetry and the production team maximizes imagery to convey that beauty when possible. It also has a lot of room to breathe with 75 episodes so it sets its own pace.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to Ballroom 11-15

Tatara's partners keep getting better.
The sexual tension is off the charts in this show.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chihayafuru 1 - 5

Yesssss, join us.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The best thing about Chihayafuru is it's a sport anime. Not as intense (well, sometimes may be lol) as Haikyuu or Hajime no Ippo, but it still follow certain conventions about the genre. You have training episodes, practice and official matchs, a set of losses but also a lot of winning. You may not care about the sport, but you care than the characters care the sport, and see their struggles and victories is why make it a interesting genre.

That is why I think March comes in like a lion is not an sport anime, some episodes are really focused to the shogi matchs but they are character-driven and not for the sake of the sport.

Now than Chihayafuru finished I think I will watch Cross Game. I haven't rewatched it in a couple of years and honestly it's a comfort series for me lmao

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
I will go against the grain and say there's something about Chihayafuru (something I cannot put my finger on) that makes it essentially different than sports anime. Most sports anime bore me to death and I generally cannot get past episode 2. Even when I do, I often regret having done so by the time that series ends.
I can only conclude that Chihayafuru has something else that differentiates it from your regular sports anime.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I will go against the grain and say there's something about Chihayafuru (something I cannot put my finger on) that makes it essentially different than sports anime. Most sports anime bore me to death and I generally cannot get past episode 2. Even when I do, I often regret having done so by the time that series ends.
I can only conclude that Chihayafuru has something else that differentiates it from your regular sports anime.
It has poetry.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
wtf, BNA is the most yoshinari thing EVER

mpv-shot0053.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix is really, really need to fix with CC that misaligned with English's voice and I hate the way they implement it so badly. I was watching Beasters today with dubbed version, and I was irritated because of it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 60992

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I'm glad there's a anime OT because I didn't want to create a thread trying to figure out this anime name.

Year(s) ago I saw this anime where this popular High School girl with long black hair and a serious personality was protecting the main character. She's a powerful Fire Magic user and she's OP as fuck. Part of the plot is that the main character doesn't know why all this is going down and why she's protecting them. I saw the anime on Huluplus most likely or Netflix less likely.

of course I checked them both to see if any of the thumb nails jogged my memory but I couldn't find anything.

I don't remember any of the characters names or even what they look like. I don't even remember the plot despite watching the whole series. I want to watch the series again.

Any help would be awesome.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm glad there's a anime OT because I didn't want to create a thread trying to figure out this anime name.

Year(s) ago I saw this anime where this popular High School girl with long black hair and a serious personality was protecting the main character. She's a powerful Fire Magic user and she's OP as fuck. Part of the plot is that the main character doesn't know why all this is going down and why she's protecting them. I saw the anime on Huluplus most likely or Netflix less likely.

of course I checked them both to see if any of the thumb nails jogged my memory but I couldn't find anything.

I don't remember any of the characters names or even what they look like. I don't even remember the plot despite watching the whole series. I want to watch the series again.

Probably Witchcraft Works.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017

Sounds like Witchcraft Works from my vague understanding of it.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Maple Story season finale

Just when I thought Maple could get anymore broken, she pulls out 7 atrocities and goes and commits mass genocide. God I love this show and thank God we're getting a season 2

Pretty apt
ovAGcPh.jpg

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry for going meta but ... was Jarmel being a mod just a product of my fruitful imagination or was that a thing that did indeed transpire in this time and space continuum ?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Still lots of stuff I'm behind on >_>

Pokemon Twilight Wings 3.
You don't need to tell me how freakin cute Wooloo is, especially when pretending to be a Charizard :x

Slime-San OVA 3.
Going from episodes about beach-time and butt-sumo to a non-ecchi ep. And yet it's a 2-parter that was mostly just a setup, so whenever the next one shows up. I look forward to Rimuru not being a teacher much longer, not a fan of this arc.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Richard 12

Don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again.

Well this was mostly dull. The potential was there, it touches a lot of interesting themes, but the execution felt mostly boring, like no one in the staff wanted to anime or direct it. I would probably like to check the books, but the translation situation seems like a mess.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Richard 12

Don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again.

Well this was mostly dull. The potential was there, it touches a lot of interesting themes, but the execution felt mostly boring, like no one in the staff wanted to anime or direct it. I would probably like to check the books, but the translation situation seems like a mess.

Yeah I think this should have ended with Richard's Arc. Even for a story of the week show this just doesn't flow.

Oct 27, 2017
Blade of the Immortal

I really liked this series. Sure it rushed along but I feel it did it nicely. It was similiar to Shigurui in that they rushed things along by using artistic methods (by that I don't mean the rushed Shigurui in the anime but the methods they used to adapt the manga) and I found it really enjoyable anyway.

The ending was cool and bittersweet. It was nice to see Rin was able to start a family and go on living. Same with the others and Manji. I also loved that they didn't make Rin forgive Anotsu as the bastard didn't deserve it.

Hopefully we get more of these anime. I find them to be much more interesting than the majority of shonen that comes out each season.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 10

Yeah this is getting really anime. Still good thogh.

Blade of the Immortal

I really liked this series. Sure it rushed along but I feel it did it nicely. It was similiar to Shigurui in that they rushed things along by using artistic methods (by that I don't mean the rushed Shigurui in the anime but the methods they used to adapt the manga) and I found it really enjoyable anyway.

The ending was cool and bittersweet. It was nice to see Rin was able to start a family and go on living. Same with the others and Manji. I also loved that they didn't make Rin forgive Anotsu as the bastard didn't deserve it.

Hopefully we get more of these anime. I find them to be much more interesting than the majority of shonen that comes out each season.

Pretty much how I felt. It would've been amazing to get four seasons of higher-budget anime like, say, Attack on Titan, but that wasn't gonna happen with a gory seinen manga that ended eight years ago.

Best we can hope for is more seasons of Vinland Saga of similar quality to the 1st season.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Cells At Work episode 1-4

What the fuck is wrong with the person that these cells live in? Shit. Why the fuck aren't they dead? And why do the germs/bacteria/virus bleed when killed? Inosynophil(?) can't kill a simple germ, but kill the hell out of giant parasite no problem?

Also, I could watch a 52 episode series of the platelets doing random stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.