Doopl

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Let's will a remaster into existence.
It would be a great way to show off 120hz output on the Switch 2.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
will believe it when I see it

shadow drop like prime remastered would be dope, if real

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Because they could be doing other stuff? LM2 was so mid that I've yet to pick up 3. People say it's a lot better than 2 but it never looked insane or anything.

That's fine, but LM3 is one of the best Switch games and I've only ever seen people praise it. Your opinion is your opinion, but its generally considered a very good game.

I'm also pretty sure its NLG's best selling game by a long way, so there's the incentive for a sequel.

Apr 22, 2022
Luigi's mansion 4 by NLG on switch 2 is pretty much guaranteed.

maybe they don't have to rush a new LM and can also dedicate themselves to something smaller like a F-Zero remaster.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People want it for switch 2 ? Why? I want it now : p

GX just needs to be 1080p to look great.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see if I could beat this game now. Could never beat the second to last level as a kid but this game was glorious. Too many "F-Zero" clones don't even measure up to the speed and intensity of GX.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess what I'm really getting at is, is there any reason they shouldn't be working on Luigi's Mansion 4 for Switch 2?
This dude has pretty much nothing to corroborate this, but if chosen to believe the video then he says that NLG has two teams working on two different games. One being F-Zero the other something new. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a LM4, but yeah everything with a grain of salt from this guy until we get some kind of official confirmation on this supposed F-Zero project.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
This is just a randomer YouTuber taking the preexisting F-Zero rumor and slapping it into the one Nintendo developer who has worked on non-Mario Kart games before. And then if they end up right through sheer coincidence, they'll act like an insider to get further attention & clickbait views.

Last edited:

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I'd be interested to see what happens with the Sega elements of the original. Not just that the game was developed by them, but also I believe they have the rights to all of the music and the AX characters.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
This is just a randomer YouTuber taking the preexisting F-Zero rumor and slapping it into the one Nintendo developer who has worked on non-Mario Kart racing games before. And then if they end up right through sheer coincidence, they'll act like an insider to get further attention & clickbait views.

If anyone should be doing this remaster it should be Monster Games. They had a great relationship with Nintendo, having made Excite Truck and Excite Bots, plus a lot of 3DS ports. Since then they got bought by IRacing and have been doing all of their stuff, but I think that since it's a different market I could see them working with Nintendo sgain

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be interested to see what happens with the Sega elements of the original. Not just that the game was developed by them, but also I believe they have the rights to all of the music and the AX characters.
Huh. I hadn't noticed that before.

RoQ4O3T.jpg

I wonder if that's the actual reason it never got a rerelease. Sega seems to co-own everything new to GX. And then there's also the artist for the character themes owning them separately.

Last edited:

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Huh. I hadn't noticed that before.

RoQ4O3T.jpg

I wonder if that's the actual reason it never got a rerelease. Sega seems to co-own everything new to GX. And then there's also the artist for the character themes owing them separately.

I'm sure it can all get worked out given that Nintendo and Sega still have a great relationship. Three songs from the game were in Smash Ultimate so I'm assuming it wouldn't be too big of a deal.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Okay let's imagine this is true.
Metroid Prime remasters
F Zero GX Remaster
Zelda Remasters

Maybe we wouldn't get GCN on NSO after all. I mean F Zero is a pretty good 'dump it on NSO' candidate because it plays well and the series isn't that popular.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope not, the game was fun but a kind of hard that I'm really not into these days, make me a new fzero please.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone should be doing this remaster it should be Monster Games. They had a great relationship with Nintendo, having made Excite Truck and Excite Bots, plus a lot of 3DS ports. Since then they got bought by IRacing and have been doing all of their stuff, but I think that since it's a different market I could see them working with Nintendo again
Yeah but that was years ago and they mainly work on Nascar games now

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, this just makes me think all it needs is a port running at a higher resolution. Game holds up incredibly well, visually.

Already looks fantastic running on the Steam Deck. Clean up the UI (like Dolphin mods can) and add a working online mode and you really wouldn't need to do much more. It'd still be visually stunning on the Switch screen.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I choose to believe whichever timeline trajectory which brings us closer to a remaster/remake of Wave Race 64.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's not news until Nintendo announces it, which I find unlikely because Nintendo hates us and f-zero.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it. But if Nintendo ever announces this, I'll lose my shit.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure it can all get worked out given that Nintendo and Sega still have a great relationship. Three songs from the game were in Smash Ultimate so I'm assuming it wouldn't be too big of a deal.
It can be arranged if they put effort into it, but I think it explains why we never got a quick port, since even that would have licensing issues attached to it for a game that didn't even perform that well in the first place.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It'll probably sell like crap but Nintendo will be like "okay here's this now stfu"

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i can find youtubers telling me games that dont exist have been announced so idk if trusting some rando channel

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
almost made me jump until it was just another rumor.

unlike Prime or other stuff, i will never believe a F-Zero rumor until i have the thing in my hands. i've been burned so much in the last ~20 years to believe anything.

also, thread title is super click baity. people who don't know better are going to fall for it. needs to have "RUMOR" plastered all over it.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017

I think the biggest issue are the character tracks, which are all owned by Kasho. None of them has ever made to Smash for this reason, I think.

Last edited: