• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrjamesmurphy

Mar 10, 2021
Sounds like there are some Switch performance issues (7:49). I may just get it on Steam Deck instead.

View: https://youtu.be/TTMPXtKQlJQ?si=tbYw4wVmKpcS_puX

Confirmed. I played one minute on Switch and immediately went to Steam Deck. It's rough on handheld, better docked. But IMO this is a handheld game.

Happy to hold onto the switch version to support the devs and see if a patch cleans it up, but def recommending Deck/PC/PS5/Xbox.

Edit: from my very uneducated perspective game looks/runs GREAT on Steam Deck if folks are curious. Honestly looks like an entirely different game vs Switch.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Played a bit over an hour and it's pretty damn good! It feels good to play, it's charming and funny, and it has some really clever ideas thrown in there from the very beginning.

We'll see how it holds up on the long run, but so far, so good.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
When do you unlock the ability to get skills/abilities? I have the currency, but no option to do that yet.

Edit: Nevermind, got to that point!

Last edited:

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Just put a couple of hours into this on ps5. It's a really solid souls-like with some funny writing.

I think my main criticism so far is the soundscape is pretty barren for the most part, and I had to stick a podcast on to cover up what was mostly silence.

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
e1d9b9664811231e28ac3624deda0076.jpg

I kind of want to try one...

Ry.

AVALANCHE
Oct 10, 2021
the planet Zebes
This looks so freaking adorable. I think I'll give them some time to do some bug fixing before I give it a go, but it's a guaranteed buy for me at some point for sure.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Took a break and came back and managed to push on through to the 2nd area.

I'm torn at the moment. The game is very, very charming and the combat is improving after unlocking some skills (such as the parry) but there is a bit of jank and performance was a bit rough in a couple of areas on PS5.

OP
OP
doops.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
This game has a real Monkey Island-esq sense of humour - I love it!

Also, pro tip - while sprinting around wearing the soda can shell, if you hold block you'll roll around :)

NekoCat

May 6, 2022
New York
Confirmed. I played one minute on Switch and immediately went to Steam Deck. It's rough on handheld, better docked. But IMO this is a handheld game.

Happy to hold onto the switch version to support the devs and see if a patch cleans it up, but def recommending Deck/PC/PS5/Xbox.

Edit: from my very uneducated perspective game looks/runs GREAT on Steam Deck if folks are curious. Honestly looks like an entirely different game vs Switch.

Thanks for this. Great to hear from someone who played both the Switch and Steam Deck versions!

I'll be buying on Steam tonight. I'm going on a tropical vacation next week and this seems like it will have the perfect vibes to set the mood on the flight over.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Man the Erich dialog lmao

Edit: oh the idle animation seems to give a heart, neat

Last edited:

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Beat that crab duchess. She wasn't that hard, but I absoloutely sucked at that fight, lol. Took me probably 20 tries.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Have to say, it's REALLY annoying how many enemies they throw at you in these tiny ass areas sometimes, where it's easy to fall off. Fells claustrophobic at times.

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
Have to say, it's REALLY annoying how many enemies they throw at you in these tiny ass areas sometimes, where it's easy to fall off. Fells claustrophobic at times.
Yea, that's my one complaint so far. Otherwise this is really charming. Parry takes some getting used to, but it feels really good to pull off, and I love comboing the riposte into my soda bubbles or party cannon.

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
Alright, I played enough to know I'll definitely be picking this up later. It's really fun, and I want to play more after my sub runs out, but I've already set aside the money for Hades II.

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't instakill you, but even then just staying rather close to her she basically never even uses it

Maybe I'm not leveled up enough, but sometimes she'll grab me as soon as I get in the fight, full health, and die.

Edit: Just beat it, definitely the way to play is to get up close and stay close.

Last edited:
OP
OP
doops.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Should just say, since I've seen a number of people mentioning wanting to play this with their kids, that there's a surprising amount of swearing in this (a sailor's amount you may say) - it's all in service of the game's great humour thus far but you should be aware of it regardless lol.

jumper

Oct 27, 2017
Should just say, since I've seen a number of people mentioning wanting to play this with their kids, that there's a surprising amount of swearing in this (a sailor's amount you may say) - it's all in service of the game's great humour thus far but you should be aware of it regardless lol.
Are there any options to tone down the language?

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
Does the Steam version have proper glyphs for controllers? The Game Pass version just says stuff like PressRIGHT SHOULDER BUTTONto attack.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Just made it to the first boss and the way he's just SCREAMING shit at you from like half a mile away is hilarious.

As someone who loved Going Under I really appreciate how genuinely funny these devs are.

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
Just made it to the first boss and the way he's just SCREAMING shit at you from like half a mile away is hilarious.

As someone who loved Going Under I really appreciate how genuinely funny these devs are.
He had me in TEARS. The vague accent was my favourite part. Really sold him as some sort of ridiculous lawman.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Oct 27, 2017
Was quite enjoying the game but now I'm stuck at a boss and I've remembered that I hate this part of souls-like games. Like, I know I can away and grind microplastics to get more upgrades... but I don't want to.

I'll come back to it tomorrow with fresh eyes. Maybe I'll be better at blocking / dodging. I nearly had them beat a few times. Then other times it would one hit kill me.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I know not everything can nail hitboxes and animations the way the best of Froms' games can. But damn. It sure is frustrating when you get hit with attacks that don't connect.

After a couple bosses I see it's going to be one of those kinds of games.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Love it so far, combining some of my favourite genres into one. First major boss took me the second try, ended up going back and defeating the mini boss near the start, the two comb crabs at the start are good easy farm for levels.