• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also be sure to give the demo a try and see how you like it.

I shall be playing that.

It's funny. I see some people with this opinion, and I've seen a decent amount of others complaining that you can fly too much.

Flight is what actually got me interested.

I suggest you play the demo and test the game first

Will definitely be doing that.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the pics of the LoD suits guys. Not feeling them enough to drop the extra $20, but I'm definitely pre-ordering the standard edition. Kind of sucks they didn't toss in an artbook of something. Oh wells.

Anyone else think that the 5th Javelin is going to be that ancient suit of armor with the sword?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Anthem is doing similar thing as e.g. WarFrame, looks are separated from your "gear" / stats.

You can play FashionFrame Lite in Anthem with looks of your gear while equipping that latest masterwork leet gear you just looted from instance.
Oh yes I figured as much.

What I meant was that you'll have so many color and style options which you will likely come to prefer in the days and weeks post launch that you won't even have this "LoD" look equipped for more than a day or two. Launch skins are not worth paying for in these kinds of loot games. Here today, in the attic tomorrow.

Now if this armor/weapon skin had some special effect on it like flaming wings or something, sure. But it's just basic-af black with some symbols. The good shit is coming later, boys. You know it is. Save your money.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm not into discord much tbh so I didn't know about that
Doesn't mean we can't start one in this thread (and even incorporate the names from the channel on discord where people post their platform and name) to have a comprehensive Era Anthem players list.
Does any one know if there is a discord to join?
Sure thing :) Here you go: [link removed] It's called FreelancERA. -- New Link: Go to this post
Discord link changed. For anyone interested in joining the FreelancERA Discord : [Hidden content]
If anyone's interested in a large Anthem discord - https://discord.gg/fMeNZBn That's the reddit discord /r/AnthemGame and the devs frequent it too to discuss and answer questions directly.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't mean we can't start one in this thread (and even incorporate the names from the channel on discord where people post their platform and name) to have a comprehensive Era Anthem players list.

Sure thing :) Here you go: [link removed] It's called FreelancERA.
If anyone's interested in a large Anthem discord - https://discord.gg/fMeNZBn That's the reddit discord /r/AnthemGame and the devs frequent it too to discuss and answer questions directly.

I joined the Era discord though I'm not usually very active.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
If we want to do this, creating a google sheet or something similar to begin with, is the best route so that we have a list - then I can fancy it up and design something. There's some people on the AnthemEra discord already that have listed their username and platform - if we assume their discord name are their era names then we have some data there to begin with.
(3 data sets: Era Name - Platform Username/Gamertag - Platform)
So for example for me it would be:
iFirez - FireDragon04 - PC (Origin)

If you're doing a google doc thing, use multiple sheets for Xbox, PS4 and PC. Allow people to edit the document, but try to use some sort of filter so that non members are dropping their names in. You can hide the link in a post so that you can only see it by quoting.

Flight being limited has completely turned me off.
That would ruin the balance

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Oh yes I figured as much.

What I meant was that you'll have so many color and style options which you will likely come to prefer in the days and weeks post launch that you won't even have this "LoD" look equipped for more than a day or two. Launch skins are not worth paying for in these kinds of loot games. Here today, in the attic tomorrow.

Now if this armor/weapon skin had some special effect on it like flaming wings or something, sure. But it's just basic-af black with some symbols. The good shit is coming later, boys. You know it is. Save your money.

... But the LoD gear literally looks different. As in.. there are physical aesthetic changes to the armor, it's built differently and not just a color change.

It's easy enough to google that standard White and Green armor vs the LoD edition.. obvious differences all over the gear. Not saying that this automatically makes it different enough to be worth it to you or anything but.. it is different.

But yes once it's unlocked it's all just black on black on black with some purple thrown in for me so the color options are kind of vestigial at that point lol

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
aren't the armor pieces modular, like you can switch arms and helmets, etc.?

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
What if it were balanced with infinite flight in mind though? Not that I mind limited flight, but I can totally see why someone would be disappointed with the way it is.
How do you balance infinite kiting? Thinking about it from the perspective of the AI, an enemy that has unlimited free escapes can only be balanced by giving a means to prevent those escapes. That can take the form of disabling flight, limiting combat arena sizes, or being able to follow them. None of those sound particularly appealing. Limited flight balances itself

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an AnthERA discord?

Also, I still can't decide between PS4 and PC! I wish I knew what the dominant platform was going to be before I bought this thing.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Why isn't it 25th already?! What's with the space-time in this universe?!?

3NyhCiq.gif

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I hope it goes cross plat soon. I know a few people will are playing PS4 and would rather play on PS4.

May I add you? I'm new to XB and barely have people on my list. Want to have a ton to play Anthem with.

Sure! My gt is Cypher Seven. Don't know if I'll be able to do the VIP demo, but I'm definitely going to be playing the open one, as well as purchasing the game afterwards.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
Like I said earlier, I expected the game to be balanced around flight. That's how they conveyed it initially.
Which is what they did. You cannot have infinite flight in a video game unless you have aerial combat which is especially messy in 3d. You can try aion or underwater combat in gw2, 3d place makes it hard.

Oh well, life goes on.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Discord link changed. For anyone interested in joining the FreelancERA Discord :
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The demo came too late.

I have yet to experience the game and when I get on KH3 and RE2 hype... I will disregard the february titles, including Anthem. Such a shame.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
The demo came too late.

I have yet to experience the game and when I get on KH3 and RE2 hype... I will disregard the february titles, including Anthem. Such a shame.
Lucky for me that I have no interest in playing either games. I've tried to get into KH 4-5 times and get bored way too quick. RE2 is a horror games and I can't deal with horror in anyway. So I'm just replaying Persona 5 until Anthem.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Lucky for me that I have no interest in playing either games. I've tried to get into KH 4-5 times and get bored way too quick. RE2 is a horror games and I can't deal with horror in anyway. So I'm just replaying Persona 5 until Anthem.
I am interested but not a big fan. Also I'm done with horror games since years, let alone playing RE and more zombies. The grind is real in Anthem baby

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh why does the vip demo come out with KH3!? Going to be a tough weekend to juggle.

thats what i thought too but we are all safe actually.

Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out in JAPAN on the 25th.....it doesn't come out till tuesday for the rest of the world.

So we get to enjoy anthem that weekend, and then play KH3 come tuesday

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Just think, under a month until early release + launch trailer! Assuming they follow the same plan as BFV, they'll release the launch trailer on the day that the Origin Premier Access/early launch starts.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Getting more and more tempted by Anthem but I don't have anyone on my friends list to play with. What's the low down on playing this solo?

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
How do you balance infinite kiting? Thinking about it from the perspective of the AI, an enemy that has unlimited free escapes can only be balanced by giving a means to prevent those escapes. That can take the form of disabling flight, limiting combat arena sizes, or being able to follow them. None of those sound particularly appealing. Limited flight balances itself
There could be motivation to be on the ground like enhanced stats or an objective that prevents or dissuades infinite kiting. I don't think flight disabling abilities or flying enemies would make the game unfun. In fact, I fully expect both of those at some point.

I think the game looks cool but I can see why it would be fun to be able to zip around endlessly.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
There could be motivation to be on the ground like enhanced stats or an objective that prevents or dissuades infinite kiting. I don't think flight disabling abilities or flying enemies would make the game unfun. In fact, I fully expect both of those at some point.

I think the game looks cool but I can see why it would be fun to be able to zip around endlessly.
Motivation to be grounded is a good idea.

We know there are flight disabling abilities, getting hit with fire overheats you and you can't fly with a carried object. But this adds to the balance of resource management, not infinite flight. For infinite, flight disabling mechanics would need to be much more frequent. Same with flying/following enemies. As it currently stands, there can be enough of both flight disabling moves and flying enemies without either being a nightmare to constantly deal with.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Getting more and more tempted by Anthem but I don't have anyone on my friends list to play with. What's the low down on playing this solo?

Doable I think for the campaign maybe and gadding about the world, but you'll probably find you'll miss out on a bit of content unless you matchmake with randoms (matchmaking & optout for everything).

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Was just asking this, shows up as the standard edition on origin after you redeem which includes the VIP demo but not entirely sure.
Figured I'd let you know but I contacted EA support this morning and was told that it should be flagged as you preordering the game giving you the preorder bonuses and access to the VIP demo. Apparently it will be downloadable on the 23rd on Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.