• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
Why isn't anyone complaining about this issue in Rainbow Six Siege. This really seems like an issue where people are very hypocritical. I honestly think this is more of an anti-EA issue than a true issue with the price of the micro transactions that are earnable in game and less than half the cost of other games.

The argument about free to play also seems silly given that those free to play games consist of exactly one mode and cost significantly less to make in the first place.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't semantics. You can alter how your character looks greatly without anything from the eververse because all loot changes how you look. In Anthem you need to get a skin to change your appearance. It's like Marvel Heroes, as opposed to Diablo 3 where your appearance also changes with the loot you get. It's an important distinction in loot games.

Unless things have greatly changed from the beta you can unlock a ton of stuff rather quickly that can easily alter the look of your Javelin to a large degree without spending money.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Well considering the uproar over the leaked prices, they sort of had to drop prices. Still expensive for what you get but it's a step in the right direction. I won't be buying any.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Considering this is their sole revenue stream taking the game forward, to me it seems fair.

lol, there's no $850 skins (yet).

I guess so yeah. Probably just a mindset thing. I can't get used to paying that much money for an emote or skincare but this game is a continued service so I guess it needs to make its money somewhere

EDIT: Skincare??? Lol damn autocorrect. Gonna leave it like that though :p

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
$8 for a premium skin sounds very reasonable all things considering (EA, GaaS, etc), and I can live with that when taking into account all of that is cosmetic.

If the game and skins are good I might buy a couple in order to support the game and the upcoming content.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
>paying f2p skin prices in a full-priced videogame

giphy.gif
this.

people in here talking like they aren't about to drop $50+ for this game, and in some cases $70+.

I look forward to finding out how much grinding is required to gather these tens of thousands of in-game coins.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
You'd rather pay for shitty expansions that divide the userbase... Because of cosmetics that you can earn for free that wouldn't even be in the game otherwise?

In loot games, upgrading the appearance of my character is the game.

If my options are paid (good) expansions or grind or pay to skip grind for cosmetics then give me good paid expansions every day.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
In theory this is a decent idea. The problem is it hardly works out that way. They're not gonna give away a free 'expansion' worth of content for some stupid microtransactions. They're too greedy, they want both. You'll get little game updates and then they will announce their big $40-60 expansion in 6 months. I remember Bungie telling me that the entire point of the Eververse was to fund free content and we all saw how that turned out (paid expansion 1, paid expansion 2, big paid expansion 3, annual pass).

To be fair, Destiny has had a shit solution since before it even came out, it was known years in advance to be ass from the moment the contract leaked.

It's not a litmus test for anything outside of that mangled mess of a game.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Since they don't charge for the game, charging for extras is how they get paid and are able to give you the game for free. A company that is already charging $60 for the game doesn't need to subsidize costs the same way a free game does.

it's amazing how people keep forgetting that game costs continue to sky rocket while the cost of games has remained the same for nearly 2 decades.

Until people stop these prices for shit like this, it will never change, and that includes F2P metrics. Stop spending money on the same shit in F2P games, and they won't be the same costs in premium titles. So often people say let your wallet do the talking, and yet... here we are, you are continuing to let your wallet do the talking by spending the money you have in it rather than keeping it in your pocket.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
eh its fine considering i paid 15€ for a overwatch skin twice but overwatch has 100% free content updates so its not comparable.
Wait in confused, I haven't been following Anthem too closley but isn't it wrong to sell cosmetics in a loot based game?
Isn't that the whole point of playing a loot based game?
Overwatch comparison doesn't work because I'm not playing OW to farm for loot.

Siege earned it with 3+ years of stellar support.

We'll see if Anthem makes even a year before EA decides the margins aren't high enough.
Gamers: "You can't criticize Siege/Overwatch's MTX/lootboxes because they earned it!!!!!"
Also gamers: "FUCK YOU EA FOR ADDING MTX IN A $60 GAME THAT HAS FREE DLC SUPPORT JUST LIKE THOSE OTHER GAMES I SHILL FOR!!!!"

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
This is poop logic. Both of those games are free.
You know what's not free? Overwatch, AC, Destiny 1 and 2, BLOPS, WOW, FFXIV and just about every online retail game. People seem to never complain about Overwatch when Apex is doing the same thing with their free content the only difference is they aren't shilling loot boxes. Also, micro transactions are micro transactions i don't care what the game cost and as long as it's not hurting the actual game/gameplay i don't care.

Those are both free games. This game is $60.
How many times do i have to post a dozen games that aren't free? And does it matter as long as they aren't scummy micro transactions? Fortnite's model IMO is far worse than Apex and Anthem.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
it's amazing how people keep forgetting that game costs continue to sky rocket while the cost of games has remained the same for nearly 2 decades.

Until people stop these prices for shit like this, it will never change, and that includes F2P metrics. Stop spending money on the same shit in F2P games, and they won't be the same costs in premium titles. So often people say let your wallet do the talking, and yet... here we are, you are continuing to let your wallet do the talking by spending the money you have in it rather than keeping it in your pocket.

It hasn't been two decades. It's been just over 13 years since Xbox prices went from $50-60, 12 years since Sony did it and just over 6 since Nintendo did it. PC games were somewhere between ps3 and WiiU I think.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This whole thing is just lol and pure bs.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
What's the difference between a 60$ game with purchasable skins and spending hundreds on a free to play game on skins?

Like 3 skins in Fortnite can be considered a full game purchase. Apex has expensive microtransactions as well.
I know so many heavy spenders in F2P games that at some point it doesn't matter anymore.

Be strong and stand your ground because most people don't care.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
All skins are earnable ingame.
Everything in the store can be bought with in-game currency. There are no premium currency-only items.
That's cool. Hopefully, they don't take too long to earn.
It's still a paid cosmetic unlock in a game built around unlocking causmentics.

It's a bad idea.

But by all means if they want to try, make it free 2 play.
I don't like it either but it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know what's not free? Overwatch, AC, Destiny 1 and 2, BLOPS, WOW, FFXIV and just about every online retail game. People seem to never complain about Overwatch when Apex is doing the same thing with their free content the only difference is they aren't shilling loot boxes. Also, micro transactions are micro transactions i don't care what the game cost and as long as it's not hurting the actual game/gameplay i don't care.

How many times do i have to post a dozen games that aren't free? And does it matter as long as they aren't scummy micro transactions? Fortnite's model IMO is far worse than Apex and Anthem.

Then use better examples.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
  1. "Leak" scary price sheet of MTX
  2. Assure fans these prices arent final
  3. Release game with lower than expected prices
  4. ????????????????
  5. Profit

Noob Pilot

Jun 10, 2018
I still find it to be very expensive. We are starting to pay DLC prices for skins. Good thing I'm not a sucker for cosmetic items in games.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it is better than lootboxes, but pretty crappy for a $60 game.

Honestly much prefer to pay for the expansions.