• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How did the game run on PS4 during the Beta?

Im playing on PC now and its a mess without an SSD. The load times are bad, but its the pop in thats really bothering me. I dont know if theres any settings I can adjust to fix this. I would rather play on PS4 when I get the full release.

I ran it on base PS4 and I was quite happy with performance considering the amount going on. Loading times were pretty huge though so not sure youll have a better time than on PC.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will never understand why people exploit games. Wonder if there will be repercussions for the players. There have been in the past in other games.

The people doing this and the loot flight path are only doing this to get "best gear" and then stop playing. I see a few articles that the exploits are "skipping end game". Which is really funny to me. The loot is not the end game, doing the highest difficulty is the end game. And BW can just add as many difficulties they want and they expand it further.

There are so many terrible opinion pieces and articles that it is not even funny. Just laughable.
The absolute shitstorm on top of everything theyre going to get in a few days would be ten fold if they tried banning players for playing a broken design mechanic that they intentionally created. I almost wish it would happen

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I thought that they still had to add visually different loot, being able to change colour is not enough in a loot game, jings. I wonder if the people making this game have played anloot grind game before.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I thought that they still had to add visually different loot, being able to change colour is not enough in a loot game, jings. I wonder if the people making this game have played anloot grind game before.

There is bit more to it than just color change, but yes they need to add a lot more armor variants. Having 2 in store and 4 demo sets in Forge is just... pathetic.

Also kinda amazing that completing story didn't reward you with anything cosmetic, not even vinyl. Or useful thing like some new signature skill.

---------------------------------

Edit: They have already killed GM3 world chest farm for GMs and Legendaries: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/as5jnd/day_one_update_details/egrxm28/?context=1000

Basically what they did was nerf drop rates for said items on chests that spawn outside of world events. No wonder people have moved to farm Tyrant Mines first chest as it's quick to get.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Is this going to be a 50gb patch again? I don't understand what is going on at Bioware. People that have early access are going to have a negative opinion and may quit the game and it would perhaps have been different if they played after the patch. Why not simply delay the game for a month?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
they should have armor as drops, look at other looter shooters
You mean like Warframe which works exactly like Anthem (the game is a huge success), or The Division which no matter armor piece you wear, it doesn't really matter because they're not visible enough?

Destiny is the only looter shooter game which have more armor variety.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this going to be a 50gb patch again? I don't understand what is going on at Bioware. People that have early access are going to have a negative opinion and may quit the game and it would perhaps have been different if they played after the patch. Why not simply delay the game for a month?
Think it was too late for that, plus from Schreier's article last year their deadline to launch is before (or on) March 2019 by EA.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Currently running an ice build on my storm. Freezing dudes and then making them explode with the melee ability is all kinds of fun.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Considering the amount of content the game has I expect another piece by Schreier describing how for those last 5 years BioWare has been mostly struggling with Frostbite instead of, actually, making content for their new game...

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Interceptor seems really mediocre in harder content. Most of his abilities need you to be in melee range but he simply lacks the survivability on hard or higher. And his ultimate is kinda useless on some enemies like titans.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Interceptor seems really mediocre in harder content. Most of his abilities need you to be in melee range but he simply lacks the survivability on hard or higher. And his ultimate is kinda useless on some enemies like titans.
I didn't have issues on hard. I would just dart in, use my abilities, and dart out to regain shields. Interceptor shields regain faster the more you run, afaik. it's like playing the Flash but he has two knives.

Currently running an ice build on my storm. Freezing dudes and then making them explode with the melee ability is all kinds of fun.
I've been using Ice storm as a primer, and Burning Orb to detonate, and it's been pretty goddamn satisfying.

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
Friend and I are having a good time despite the occasional issue. They really beefed up the difficulty on the Tyrant Mine stronghold but we're beating it on hard once again.

Having a Colossus friend is the best.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game took our legion of dawn weapons and ability items away from us when we got to the launch bay.

Oxyrain

Oct 25, 2017
I would have liked it if they just copied the Monster Hunter armour crafting system, although they probably don't have the enemy variety just yet.
Also I don't know how it would work with their monetisation scheme that relies on decoupling the cosmetics from gameplay/skills.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They should return to your inventory. It was happening to me too on my first day for some reason.
Ah yea, so it did. As soon as I went back to Fort Tarsus. Man the launch bay is underwhelming lol. People were really complaining about having a social space so much... We sure did get something lol.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Considering the amount of content the game has I expect another piece by Schreier describing how for those last 5 years BioWare has been mostly struggling with Frostbite instead of, actually, making content for their new game...

Yeah I'm certain had they used Unreal Engine 4 this would be 4 times the game we ended up with...

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
You mean like Warframe which works exactly like Anthem (the game is a huge success), or The Division which no matter armor piece you wear, it doesn't really matter because they're not visible enough?

like leg armor with stats like 15% shield 500 armor 5% cooldown

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz
16gb DDR4 3000mhz
1x 512gb EVO 850 SSD
1x 256gb EVO 840 SSD
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW3

Trying to run at 1440p60 Utra or High preset gives me dips as low as in the 40s. FT Taris has horrible stuttering too. I had to resort to removing motion blur completely just so it won't give me a headache.
Yeah I'd say in this game especially 1440p ain't happening with a 1070. I've got same RAM clock as you but a Ryzen 1700 running it on a Intel SSD and I'm getting 1080p/60fps with ultra. Motion blur is off because I always hate it anyway and I've found vsync seems to not really do much for locking to 60fps so that's off at the moment.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Current favorite weapon: Thunderbolt of Yvenia (Marksman Rifle with 33% chance to deal large electric damage).

On a Storm (especially with electricity components), it's the Shield deleter.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I'd say in this game especially 1440p ain't happening with a 1070. I've got same RAM clock as you but a Ryzen 1700 running it on a Intel SSD and I'm getting 1080p/60fps with ultra. Motion blur is off because I always hate it anyway and I've found vsync seems to not really do much for locking to 60fps so that's off at the moment.

Can I ask if that's LOCKED 60fps? I have a 2070 and STILL get drops below 60fps when the effects all kick off in multiplayer. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

I'm only at 1080p too.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
like leg armor with stats like 15% shield 500 armor 5% cooldown
Those are skill gears in Anthem. We have 4 basic slots for that, and there are more we can unlock (the components). If the armors in Anthem have stats too, we'll be looking at 10+ gear slots with stats. I get what you're saying, but I think this is simply their approach to make Anthem different.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Who came up with the consumable crafting UI? Why do I need to matchmake into the launch bay for fucks sake? What the hell does +20% support luck even do? Why does my masterwork LMG boost pistol damage? God damn this game is death by 1,000 annoying little design decisions.
The "support luck" thing is purely because, for some reason, they haven't put a colon after the word support from what I can gather. So the mode type is support, and it gives a 20% boost to luck and should really be displayed as "Support: +20% luck".

These are great and all, but they still don't fix the fundamental issues with the game itself that are not bug related. Also, they might want to hire someone to proofread their notes and not rely solely on a spellchecker.
The patch notes were quickly posted up to Reddit with a disclaimer that they still needed to go through formatting before being communicated through official channels.

Sadly it will be same 3k at GM 1 through 3.
if they increase the damage exponentially to account for the higher health enemies, it'll nullify the extra challenge of those difficulties. I guess doing well at the harder difficulties will be an exercise in getting the most out of ALL of the tools at your disposal, and working well as a team.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Cosmetic variety is tied to yet another system that they couldn't finish for the launch, hoping to talk about it "soon".

Source: https://twitter.com/BenIrvo/status/1096855105721249792

Have you seen the comments, people are still saying do not worry it is early access and it is EA's fault not Bioware....
Do people not realize this is the full game, there wont be any magical fairy dust patch that implements all new features and gameplay. That said i am still having fun with the game but it is severely lacking in content and i have said it a hundred times the technical issues are horrible and impact the game immensely.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
if they increase the damage exponentially to account for the higher health enemies, it'll nullify the extra challenge of those difficulties. I guess doing well at the harder difficulties will be an exercise in getting the most out of ALL of the tools at your disposal, and working well as a team.

Yesterday in GM3 it took 3 of us solid minute to kill one (1) Elite enemy with constant weapons fire and comboing of skills. Had said Elite had any friends we would have been dead and now it didn't smoke us because I was able to keep it permanently CCd.

Shit is ridiculous.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Have you seen the comments, people are still saying do not worry it is early access and it is EA's fault not Bioware....
Do people not realize this is the full game, there wont be any magical fairy dust patch that implements all new features and gameplay. That said i am still having fun with the game but it is severely lacking in content and i have said it a hundred times the technical issues are horrible and impact the game immensely.
Yeah, lots of people are still delusional.

The fact that they released a patch today proves even further that they're still tinkering the game every day. The game hasn't gone gold yet (despite their claim last month).

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I just uninstalled the game, after 20h I can't really take it anymore.

This headless journey in end game is boring and I no longer bear the patience to keep playing this loot shooters all over again.

I had 225 loading screens across my experience it's completely ridiculous..

Such a semless world they crafted /s

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
They are doing the same thing as Battlefield. Releasing a half assed game and slowly patching in features that should be there day 1 for "free" . This is EAs GaaS model. Pathetic

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
They are doing the same thing as Battlefield. Releasing a half assed game and slowly patching in features that should be there day 1 for "free" . This is EAs GaaS model. Pathetic

funny you should mention BFV , they kept on advertising upcoming content, but meanwhile player counts are dropping

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Had this three times aswell, i made a screenshot of my settings to customize my javelin faster to my likes when this will happen again
I found that what helped me was making a separate loadout profile for each of my javelins, so when the game does this, which is very often, I choose the default javelin and then scroll down to my second profile and then it finally kicks in.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
My comment has nothing to do about the quality of the loot or the type of the loot but how it's distributed.

Within days people playing Anthem have found the path of least resistance to get the 'best' levels of loot they can possibly get. Just as they did with Destiny 1's loot cave, or how most of the vanilla Destiny 2 exotics were locked behind simple public events. So people are just farming the easiest way possible to the detriment of any other avenue of end game. Something Bungie had to address twice in the years that Anthem has been in development. And yet BioWare chooses to follow in the same footsteps with their end game loot distribution.

I think its more tha
Hopefully there is an interesting system for customization/armor loot coming and soon.

My biggest issue with the game is the fact that abilities are drops. At first I thought it would mean some kind of Borderlands style
system with rng combinations but it turns out to just be the same 10 abilities dropped over and over.
Which means the end game grind for 3 of your slots is basically going to be grinding for modifier bonus rolls.
Unless I am missing something that seems very lacking and even similar to one of the biggest criticisms of Destiny (grinding for god rolls).

I just don't really see why 3 gear slots are reserved for abilities in the current system, especially if the only real discerning factors
are the level and bonuses. Would have rather just seen abilities tied to a skill tree or something and give me some armor slots
to hold those various modifiers/bonuses. At least it would at least give you some variety.

90% of my matches end with 4 storms who look the same with different paint jobs.

Everyone complained like mad when Bungie took re-rolls and grinding for better weapon stats out of the game in Destiny 2....

So what you're missing is that the loot in this game is totally built around grinding for the right inscriptions to max your build....some will like that and some won't....but its not the same as Destiny where the loop was "do hard content - get lucky and get Gjallahorn - raid - get raid gear and weapons - raid". This is a build based game - of course currently the issue is there needs to be more to do when you max your build - but cataclysm seems to be the content coming for that.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

Warframe has tons of armor customization via the frame system, and cosmetics on top of that.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
I think its more tha

Everyone complained like mad when Bungie took re-rolls and grinding for better weapon stats out of the game in Destiny 2....

So what you're missing is that the loot in this game is totally built around grinding for the right inscriptions to max your build....some will like that and some won't....but its not the same as Destiny where the loop was "do hard content - get lucky and get Gjallahorn - raid - get raid gear and weapons - raid". This is a build based game - of course currently the issue is there needs to be more to do when you max your build - but cataclysm seems to be the content coming for that.
The problem i have is that theres no raid gear at all. For example they should give strongholds unique armor parts with abilitys. So the min/max grind is even worth the effort.