Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, fucking Owen

Really loving the game, playing it like I do most games and doing all side stuff before next story mission.

Same I was like lvl 24 when I finished it. Went to town and talk with people after every mission. You see the town grow as you keep going. More people you talk to the more new ones are introduced. Town feels alive. I'm still getting new people introduced even after lvl 30

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
Played a bit. Everyone seems to be picking Storm lol. At least everyone in the first few missions I played were all Storm. I went with Interceptor and really enjoy my little hit and run tactics. Haven't hit a wall so I'm still enjoying it well enough. I don't think this game will set the world on fire in it's current state.

It's a hot take I know.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Games pretty average so far but the one thing I've been enjoying are the characters. I actually don't mind going back to the tower after each mission to continue their dialogue/side stories when I didn't give a damn about anybody in Destiny.
Yeah if the load times were shorter I feel like it would make going back to Tarsis more interesting. I also really enjoy the characters in the game so far. My 10-hour trial ran out about four days ago so I'll continue with that hopefully tonight.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I think you've got things a bit mixed up. There's nothing to suggest that the Universe that Anthem takes place in has anything to do with Earth at all. Think Star Wars humans rather than Battlestar Galactica humans.

OH! Okay. Didn't know that. Thanks. Thought this took place in our timeline ala Destiny, Mass Effect, etc..

Oct 26, 2017
The guy from YouTube channel OpenworldGames has a new video up. He says the hate for the game is out of control. Some complaints are justified while others are way blown out of proportion. He mentions that some reviewers said the shooting is horrible, which yeah I find truly insane too because I absolutely loved it in the demo. He does too.

He mentions how the world is said to be boring according to reviews but the two areas he shows look pretty good to me. And he also talks about the loot, that he's seen people with some pretty interesting weapons now that he's at the endgame. Thought it was a interesting video to see among all the negativity.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you can still quickplay into missions you havent done yet and get spoiled in major events of the story blows my fucking mind.

This is a fucking disaster.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
In case anyone is on the fence like I am...

I never do this but it occurred to me to check Redbox. And there seem to be copies of Anthem in every Redbox around me. I have a copy reserved 4 miles from my office that I can pick up on my way home. It's $7 for a 3-day rental so my weekend is set and now if I hate the game, oh well it's $7. And if I like it, I'll buy it. It's worth $7 to find out.

I should use Redbox more often.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone is on the fence like I am...

I never do this but it occurred to me to check Redbox. And there seem to be copies of Anthem in every Redbox around me. I have a copy reserved 4 miles from my office that I can pick up on my way home. It's $7 for a 3-day rental so my weekend is set and now if I hate them game, oh well it's $7. And if I like it, I'll buy it. It's worth $7 to find out.

I should use Redbox more often.

The problem with Anthem right now is that if you play it now, you will probably ruin what good you can get from the game due to the crazy amount of bugs and disconnects and cutscenes not playing.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I think my biggest criticism of the gameplay so far is the skill system. Combos seemingly make certain skills pointless as why would you pick anything else over a primer/detonator? Is there something I'm missing or is it just bad design.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
The guy from YouTube channel OpenworldGames has a new video up. He says the hate for the game is out of control. Some complaints are justified while others are way blown out of proportion. He mentions that some reviewers said the shooting is horrible, which yeah I find truly insane too because I absolutely loved it in the demo. He does too.

He mentions how the world is said to be boring according to reviews but the two areas he shows look pretty good to me. And he also talks about the loot, that he's seen people with some pretty interesting weapons now that he's at the endgame. Thought it was a interesting video to see among all the negativity.

I find this is very much a trend in gaming. Certain games, if they come from a big publisher usually, are taken against for numerous reasons.

The problem isn't with people disliking a game, it is that some take a view that game is damaging to "gaming" as a whole. They therefore come down hard on any counter the accepted narrative of "X game is trash".

It is really hard to be a mediocre or underwhelming game in these circumstances.

No Man's Sky is the pinnacle of this for me. Everything single, comment section or forum thread I read for that game when it first came out included someone jumping in to shout about "lies,lies,lies".

I dunno, it's really starting to grind me down now.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest criticism of the gameplay so far is the skill system. Combos seemingly make certain skills pointless as why would you pick anything else over a primer/detonator? Is there something I'm missing or is it just bad design.
Still trying to figure that out. Maybe with legendary versions of those skills you're working with something interesting enough to consider. In my experience they haven't been worth it.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

The non-priming/detonating skills tend to have higher straight forward damage. You also can't prime a target that has shielding up. Lastly, the non-combo related damage types (Impact/Blast) can also be buffed by inscriptions that roll on gear. Combos are really strong but depending on which Javelin you're using, the gear you have, team composition, the type of enemy you'll be facing, and even your playstyle, sometimes you can be better off going with straight damage rather than priming and detonating.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland

Maybe this helps. Freeplay locations of chests. Do it on easy and if you see a mission do it, the chest at the end counts too.
In additoin to the map you got linked, you get one chest for every world event, multiple for every stronghold you do, every contract etc. Myself and a couple of friends did this yesterday (one new player) within 1h of free roaming (we didn't use the map, just exploring).

This should prove pretty helpful, thanks!

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018

The abilities that aren't primers or detonators are supposed to do more raw damage. Additionally at the masterwork level alot of them either become primers or detonators or gain additional effects that make them more worthwhile. I do think however that prior to lvl 30 it is kind of a bad design choice.

Dabi3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find this is very much a trend in gaming. Certain games, if they come from a big publisher usually, are taken against for numerous reasons.

The problem isn't with people disliking a game, it is that some take a view that game is damaging to "gaming" as a whole. They therefore come down hard on any counter the accepted narrative of "X game is trash".

It is really hard to be a mediocre or underwhelming game in these circumstances.

No Man's Sky is the pinnacle of this for me. Everything single, comment section or forum thread I read for that game when it first came out included someone jumping in to shout about "lies,lies,lies".

I dunno, it's really starting to grind me down now.

Anthem released in an unfinished state though?

paddyk84

Banned
Jan 31, 2019
Can someone on Xbox help please. It says version 1.0.0.6 is installed, but that it was last updated at the end of January. Will I be running the latest build, including the day 1 patch? Would really appreciate if someone can check what they're on.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
I still don't understand why Fallout 76 is shit on so much. Are there awful bugs? Yes. Is the moment to moment gameplay not as good as Anthem? Sure.

But I can start on one side of the map, walk to the other, and I don't have to go through 4 load screens to do it. I'm actually playing the game a lot more than I am in Anthem.

Considering how bad it looks, I would hope it wouldn't need loading screens. I sincerely hope the next Fallout or TES look way better visually.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017

The shooting is great, much better than before; it used to feel too floaty and impactless.

However the loot I disagree, every Masterwork or Legendary Weapon or Component is just a version of a previous with a new affix, an affix that is always the same and is never random.

For example;

The Avenging Herald Heavy Pistol, it'll do 200% Damage when hovering, it will always get that upgrade and nothing else, ever. (Unless they change how loot works). This means once you've got it, all you want is the bonus stats to be a god roll, saw someone with 200% Damage, 150% Physical Damage, Crit and something else. That's pretty much a god roll. After making 11 more of them, my original one is still the best and nothing even came close.

a70f83eba8e6a61340da54917233c708.png

Next;

A lot of the weapons are absolute junk because the upgrades don't gel with your class or build. they don't do much, they don't compare; or the gun itself is just bad as well even with decent upgrades and bonuses.

There is now a tiny pool of weapons and what they do, I have 22 (with duplicates in case they nerf/buff something) weapons and I have boiled down to using 2 specific ones and that's it, these were quite literally my first 2 weapons and I haven't got better after more than 30-40 weapon drops, I've deleted quite a few now as well.

Components are much the same, there's arguable a bigger select of pre-determined fixed stats to make a build around but they are so.....uncompelling one way or another.

I can't remember the last time I played a looter game and hit a brick wall SO QUICKLY as I have here, I've been working and I'm gear level 490 already through purely contracts and strongholds. My excitement for new loot is waning since it's so rare to get the quality I need and the type I want, my last 3 Legendaries have been the exact same item too :(.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
The shooting is great, much better than before; it used to feel too floaty and impactless.

However the loot I disagree, every Masterwork or Legendary Weapon or Component is just a version of a previous with a new affix, an affix that is always the same and is never random.

For example;

The Avenging Herald Heavy Pistol, it'll do 200% Damage when hovering, it will always get that upgrade and nothing else, ever. (Unless they change how loot works). This means once you've got it, all you want is the bonus stats to be a god roll, saw someone with 200% Damage, 150% Physical Damage, Crit and something else. That's pretty much a god roll. After making 11 more of them, my original one is still the best and nothing even came close.

Next;

A lot of the weapons are absolute junk because the upgrades don't gel with your class or build. they don't do much, they don't compare; or the gun itself is just bad as well even with decent upgrades and bonuses.

There is now a tiny pool of weapons and what they do, I have 22 (with duplicates in case they nerf/buff something) weapons and I have boiled down to using 2 specific ones and that's it, these were quite literally my first 2 weapons and I haven't got better after more than 30-40 weapon drops, I've deleted quite a few now as well.

Components are much the same, there's arguable a bigger select of pre-determined fixed stats to make a build around but they are so.....uncompelling one way or another.

I can't remember the last time I played a looter game and hit a brick wall SO QUICKLY as I have here, I've been working and I'm gear level 490 already through purely contracts and strongholds. My excitement for new loot is waning since it's so rare to get the quality I need and the type I want, my last 3 Legendaries have been the exact same item too :(.

Wait you can create this masterwork once you get it? Not sure if I understand. I got this gun yesterday. It was my first MW weapon I got

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
Anthem released in an unfinished state though?

I'm failing to see how this is a counter point to what I just wrote? I'm suggesting that a game can piled on because the gamers are unable to handle nuance.

It may have issues but it is playable by most. I have enjoyed what limited time I've had up to now. There is however a cottage industry of youtubers that work on whipping up outrage over a game, justified or not. It's not a healthy ecosystem for quality criticism to flourish in.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
AFAIK, this is correct. I only got my first MW weapon two days ago, and the one I use now I got yesterday, so haven't finished the challenges for any of them yet.
The weapon challenges for MW weapons seems to be always 10 legendary kills. Then you can craft as many versions as you have materials for. Total pot luck of course, most of these will be trash but an alternative way of trying to focus on a god roll for a particular weapon instead of just waiting for a drop.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I do have to say, whoever came up with the decision to have the drops across GM1/2/3 be the same just with different rates is a fool. Harder the difficulty, better the gear you should be getting. Not just a higher chance, really amateur decision.

Oh, they changed it from raining so often? I was loving it, lol

Last edited:

Mr.Black

Apr 28, 2018
Finland
Being unable to change your equipment during freeplay/missions is a huge pain when you try out new builds. Does this effect my other weapon too and by how much? Is this stat better than the other? Lets try it!

Start from tarsis, load into freeplay, shoot some enemies to see how much damage you do, end freeplay, load straight into forge, change your equipment, load to tarsis, load to freeplay, shoot some enemies to see if you do better damage.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Being unable to change your equipment during freeplay/missions is a huge pain when you try out new builds. Does this effect my other weapon too and by how much? Is this stat better than the other? Lets try it!

Start from tarsis, load into freeplay, shoot some enemies to see how much damage you do, end freeplay, load straight into forge, change your equipment, load to tarsis, load to freeplay, shoot some enemies to see if you do better damage.

Why don't you just compare the damage stats on the screen in the forge? I get the other effects you're talking about from other equipment, but not guns themselves

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I'm failing to see how this is a counter point to what I just wrote? I'm suggesting that a game can piled on because the gamers are unable to handle nuance.

It may have issues but it is playable by most. I have enjoyed what limited time I've had up to now. There is however a cottage industry of youtubers that work on whipping up outrage over a game, justified or not. It's not a healthy ecosystem for quality criticism to flourish in.

But is usually justified, is it not? It happened with bad games, like Fallout 76 and CD3 but it didn't happen with countless others that had no issues like Ori or Cuphead or Forza or all the Sony big hitters or even RDR2

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Finished all the trials but one which is the repair javlin one. Semi a pain for a solo player like me. Otherwise they were all super easy and I don't know what all the fuss was about besides the bug where it wasn't tracking correctly.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
So I still dont have my pre order bonus' on PC . I went to Prospero and I only have my VIP demo bonus items. Am I supposed to get another pre order code outside of the VIP one that gives the armor and weapon?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Cant ping, and there's no text chat. I'll talk to Respawn and see how portable that is.

Just kidding
real talk tho: why do developers continue to launch games on PC without text chat support?

like, how much disdain and disrespect do you have to have for the platform for you to ignore the principle input method used?

Someone help me understand, because I can't.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Game has some nice grind moments like need for 150k rep in total when most stuff give you ~15 rep / thing.

BEKenSB.png

Also why 100 events, but 25 everything else? One would think all of them should be 25...

pHzBFNI.png

Oct 26, 2017

For example;

Next;

That does sound very disappointing yeah. Speaking of the guns, I find it a missed opportunity that they didn't bring more interesting guns anyway. They all seem pretty standard, but why not bring some more sci fi guns? Some laser weapons or plasma? Or look at Crackdown 3, that game has some damn awesome guns.