Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the market for recommendations too, my 8 year old son wants some spicier sauces, we've gone as far as Frank's Hot Buffalo which seems to be the hottest thing found at Target and other grocery stores.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Do you get enjoyment from the hotness or does there have to be some flavor? Carolina Reaper/ghost pepper/etc are just too hot for me.

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
El Yucateco Red is by far my favorite combo of flavor and heat, but it's mere habanero level. It's available pretty much everywhere: Walmart, Target...

I bought Tropical Pepper Co. Ghost Pepper Sauce just yesterday based on positive online reviews, but I haven't opened it yet.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not a CR, but Dave's Ghost Naga Jolokia is pretty great. real, real hot, but has a good taste too

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
Scoville Institute makes a fantastic line of sauces, but depending on where you live, you'll need to buy them online.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
3588544397428_1024x1024.jpg

More flavorful than heat.

https://heatonist.com/products/hot-ones-los-calientes?variant=12149340045428

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent $8 on a bottle of Tia Lupita's small batch hot sauce. It's pretty tasty, but not reaper hot.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Texas Pete's Hotter Hot Sauce is my everyday go-to.

I know someone here is going to say it's sacrilegious, but I love to marinate steaks in this:

image.png

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Tabasco Scorpion sauce is pretty damn good for filling that extra spicy hot sauce void. It packs some real heat with the scorpion peppers.

Put me down for some good Ghost Pepper hot sauce recommendations.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Someone recommend me a mild yet flavourful sauce. Something like Valentinas.

I want that Aardvark shit just for the bottle.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Pepper North's Memento de Muerte is tasty and has Carolina Reaper. It's right in a perfect zone and not trying to be too super hot. It's still quite hot though. Lots of flavour, no bitterness and a great heat rush.
Pepper-North-Momento-de-muerte-hot-sauce.jpg

It's so good mixed in recipes.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
I got you OP.

Painapple - straight up reapers and pineapple in the best way possible. Will have you panting though.
painapple_2048x.JPG

Culley's roasted reaper is on the milder side for a reaper sauce but has fantastic roasted pepper and garlic flavor with a touch of passion fruit to give it depth at the end. This you can dump on things.
1befbe950fc0edc320d69f8076e6c292.jpg

Torchbearer - Tons and tons of garlic with some good reaper heat on the back end. Incredible on pizza.
REAPERGARLIC_1024x1024.jpg

Bravado - Another reaper and garlic sauce but with the sweetness of black garlic.
bravado_spice_black_carolina_reaper_hot_sauce.jpg

Someone recommend me a mild yet flavourful sauce. Something like Valentinas.

I want that Aardvark shit just for the bottle.

Aardvark, Lucky Dog green label, Los Calientes (from Hot Ones), and both Ancho and Morita and Guajillo and jalapeño from Humble House. Fantastic milder stuff that'll blow you away.

Last edited:

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
These are very hot, but not, like, stupid, macho hot. (They don't have reaper in them.) They also have good flavor:

51Wq8Jst1aL._SY355_.jpg

angryGoat_purple_hippo_hotsauce_large_1_530x@2x.png

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I got you OP.

Painapple - straight up reapers and pineapple in the best way possible. Will have you panting though.
painapple_2048x.JPG

Culley's roasted reaper is on the milder side for a reaper sauce but has fantastic roasted pepper and garlic flavor with a touch of passion fruit to give it depth at the end. This you can dump on things.
1befbe950fc0edc320d69f8076e6c292.jpg

Torchbearer - Tons and tons of garlic with some good reaper heat on the back end. Incredible on pizza.
REAPERGARLIC_1024x1024.jpg

Bravado - Another reaper and garlic sauce but with the sweetness of black garlic.
bravado_spice_black_carolina_reaper_hot_sauce.jpg

Aardvark, Lucky Dog green label, Los Calientes (from Hot Ones), and both Ancho and Morita and Guajillo and jalapeño from Humble House. Fantastic milder stuff that'll blow you away.
Damn all 4 of those sound good. Painapple sold out on Amazon makes me sad :/ Torchbearer i might give that one a go! :D

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Satan's Rage. It's a ghost pepper sauce, but it has a good flavor to it. I mostly use it for my chili.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
The SF Bay Area has a shop called HeatHotSauce that has everything you could ever want.

I really like the stuff by Lucky Dog Hot Sauce.

This is also amazing:
Found and bought the Painapple Reaper from that site. Thank you for introducing me to this site! :D

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
silo-bgcr-min_1200x.jpg
image.png
Melindas-Naga-Jolokia-Hot-Sauce-510x510.jpg

Tried all 3 of these out while waiting for Painapple to arrive and i love all 3 of them! Black Garlic Carolina especially! a bit mild for a Reaper sauce, but you can really taste the flavor of the roasted garlic! :D Nice and peppery too!

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Aardvark for spice, Crystal for everything else.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Grace has a nice - but a touch too thick - scotch bonnet sauce. It has a good heat to it without being completely overboard.

wnCnXOj.jpg

I also love Cholula, but I rarely buy it. For one, it's insanely expensive here. Two, it has virtually no heat. In a similar vein PC has a nice chipotle hot sauce that's great on eggs. But where it too is not spicy at all, it's at least filthy cheap.

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This right here is the best. It's thicc, spicy, and hella flavorful.

Ghost_Scream_Garlic_Paste__81686.1552238560.jpg

It's ghost pepper instead of reaper but it's still a scorcher because of the consistency.