VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they sold bottles or packets online, but I love the Halal Guys hot sauce
0Q2R040.jpg

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
nandos-hot-peri-peri-sauce.jpg

Not too hot really. I think has a unique flavor. Real good on pizza. Says from South Africa. I bought 7-8 bottles when my local Meijer was clearancing them out.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I actually made a sauce I'm semi proud of this year. I have 2 spare bottles if anyone wants one.

Be happy to send them out to first 2 responders at no cost.

No reapers in this batch, but 7 pots and a mix of others plus other ingredients. I fermented for 2 months.

Due to acidity they're pretty much shelf stable but I'd recommend refrigerating them because I used no vinegar.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Pretty much any craft hot sauce will be low on sodium. It's just your generic table sauces that rely on it too heavily.
Ok cool

if I was to make one (1) order off Heatonist, what would y'all recommend?

I want SPICY
But not OMG I'm gonna die spicy.
I've had Dave's hot sauce before the killer one, I forgot what it's called, and it was the upper limit of what I want.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I actually made a sauce I'm semi proud of this year. I have 2 spare bottles if anyone wants one.

No reapers in this batch, but 7 pots and a mix of others plus other ingredients. I fermented for 2 months.

Due to acidity they're pretty much shelf stable but I'd recommend refrigerating them because I used no vinegar.
Sure send some to me! :D lol

Inkd

Oct 27, 2017
US

I'd love to try it. I think Burn After Eating had some 7 pots in it and I'm loving it.

Oct 29, 2017
Been cooking wings every Sunday. For the hot sauce I generally just use a generic buffalo recipe with a couple globs of insanity in the bowl.

Before kickoff I coat a wing in Dave's Insanity and it gets pretty gnarly but I'm curious if anyone has recommendations for great hot wing sauces with some solid heat.

Inkd

Oct 27, 2017
US
Been cooking wings every Sunday. For the hot sauce I generally just use a generic buffalo recipe with a couple globs of insanity in the bowl.

Before kickoff I coat a wing in Dave's Insanity and it gets pretty gnarly but I'm curious if anyone has recommendations for great hot wing sauces with some solid heat.

You really can't go wrong with anything on the Heatonist website. I've been a big fan of the Wiltshire Chili Farm Trinidad Scorpion as good all around hot sauce. I've been using it on my eggs and omlettes in the morning.

Edit: I'd highly recommend signing up for for their subscription box for one month. All of their sauces are great and it's usually cheaper than buying 3 sauces seperately.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe no one has mentioned Dirty Dicks yet. My personal favorite hot sauce, and has won a lot of awards. Nothing crazy in terms of heat but the flavor is fantastic. Get you some Dirty Dicks in yo' mouth!
368548413449_1024x1024.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
You really can't go wrong with anything on the Heatonist website. I've been a big fan of the Wiltshire Chili Farm Trinidad Scorpion as good all around hot sauce. I've been using it on my eggs and omlettes in the morning.

Edit: I'd highly recommend signing up for for their subscription box for one month. All of their sauces are great and it's usually cheaper than buying 3 sauces seperately.
Great, I'll check it out!

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

I changed my subscription to 1 extra hot a month to 3 classic bottles a month. Hope they give me a good mix of stuff that's hot and flavorful.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Ok cool

if I was to make one (1) order off Heatonist, what would y'all recommend?

I want SPICY
But not OMG I'm gonna die spicy.
I've had Dave's hot sauce before the killer one, I forgot what it's called, and it was the upper limit of what I want.
where do yall think Daves insanity would land on heatonist.com heat scale?
I want to get a good sauce, but I don't want to go hotter than this.

It would be like an 8 or 9. Do you want something on that level, or a few notches below?

Inkd

Oct 27, 2017
US

Found this at a local shop on Thursday and I took a chance at it. They didn't have a 6 oz bottle and I was nervous about getting the 24 (36?) oz bottle but it was a great deal.

Plenty of heat and lots of flavor. Would recommend for anyone that loves heat. I didn't but it at his store but here's a link to where to purchase online.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Found this at a local shop on Thursday and I took a chance at it. They didn't have a 6 oz bottle and I was nervous about getting the 24 (36?) oz bottle but it was a great deal.

Plenty of heat and lots of flavor. Would recommend for anyone that loves heat. I didn't but it at his store but here's a link to where to purchase online.

That looks good!
Still waiting on my mystery hot sauces :/
They charged me on the 12th, but I have no idea if they actually shipped it yet.