Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Worst part is when they pop up, it's those bundles with PS4 games, two controllers and camera. I just want the console itself god damn it.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
I managed to get both a PS5 and SX bit should probably have just saved the best part of £1000 and waited till there's an abroad reason to own them.

other than FOMO OP you're not really missing anything.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Had this issue with the Wii when it first came out.

Since then, just been waiting at least two years before buying a system.

Oct 29, 2017
I was lucky enough to get one and it's currently gathering dust. 2021 is pretty much done for as far as games, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Demons souls and miles morales were cool and playing GoT and GoW at 60 fps was nice but there's really not too much of a reason to own one right now.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking finally got my digital PS5 from today's Target drop. Nearest Target, too!

bobliefeld

Jan 30, 2019
Yes I really, really wanted one around launch once impressions came in and people were hyping up the controller. I was offered one the other day, brand new for RRP and turned it down. I'm quite glad that they've been so hard to get because I know if I did get one at launch I'd have hardly touched it.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Worst part is when they pop up, it's those bundles with PS4 games, two controllers and camera. I just want the console itself god damn it.

I don't like bundles either, but there is no other choice right now at least in east EU. Fuckers will sell tons of accessories that way while people are desperate. :D

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
I feel your frustration. I kicked myself on launch day for not preordering, and then for months was trying every day to get one. I created a Twitter account to follow a dozen annoying people. I was trying to get into every single online drop. Had one carted at Bestbuy, Gamestop, Target, Kohl's, Walmart and Direct. Of the carted ones I was one of many that ended up getting a free $180 form Kohl's because they oversold. I actually got through Gamestop but it was the wrong version, ugh. I would open up half a dozen browsers across multiple devices for Direct drops - the one time I got through the queue there were no PS5s to be found, it then kicked me out after 10/15 minutes and put me back into queue, and of course the PS5s then dropped. I was basically at my wits end.

In the end none of my efforts actually mattered. A buddy of mine saw me online on PSN and noticed that I was on a PS4 (it shows which console you're on) and sent me a message stating that his g/f (who is a very close friend to my wife) had snagged 3 PS5s and they'd happily give one to me at cost. I ended up giving them an extra $40 without telling them because I was so relieved and they drove an hour to drop it off.

And to be honest............it's not worth the struggle right now. I made a thread not too long ago about my disappointment, but I understand the FOMO and wanting the new shiny.

Good luck, and don't let it hurt your mental health.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I get with people are saying but unfortunately it's the climate we're in and it's a hell of a damn good console as well. I was lucky enough to get to a couple of weeks ago and sold the other one. It's quite the premium experience and I love being able to play the back catalog of PS4 games that I missed.

I went out and bought SackBoy adventures, and so far if we ordered ratchet & clank. Also went out and bought two extra controllers. I think I may go out and get another one here soon.

Dolobill

Oct 25, 2017
An RTX 3080 but yes. I built a new PC in December when I had one on order. Then it got cancelled and I still can't get one.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
I haven't really tried yet because theres just no games I'm interested in. Returnal looks great, and I'm very interested in RE8, but neither are system sellers for me.

Now when FFXVI drops... I'll dropkick a fool for one.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I'm fine waiting until I can easily waltz into a store and buy one. If that's after FFXVI and Forspoken drop, so be it.

Also fuck scalpers and fuck scalper networks

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
For now,just a little...I managed to get a Series X on launch so that helps,its frustrating when trying to grab one online,I had 2 orders cancelled days later,even with a confirmation number and hold on my CC,but since there isnt that many exclusive right now,its ok...when the big guns start to hit and I still cant get one because they will be online only,then I will start to be pissed...online shopping for electornics sucks ass.I might just wait till I can walk in a store and grab one but that probably wont be anytime soon.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I was able to grab one only the last week, luckily on a day I wasn't working so I was able to stalk the restock site, and even then I had to sacrifice the salmon I was cooking as orders went up right around lunch.

But I was also on the lookout since before launch, it only took 4 months lol

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
They were up at target this morning. I picked up a disc. I already have a PS5 disc, so I have no idea wtf I'm doing. I'll see if I know anyone who wants it.

I bought 5 XBSX and got them to people who needed them for cost+tax

I'm done.
OP
OP
ryan13ts

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
A bit of a pointless update, but I'm just done with trying to get a PS5. Today was my breaking point with dealing with this, after getting screwed 4 times in one day out of getting now (First Target, then Gamestop, then seeing 2 reasonable personal offers online that were instantly sold).

In the last few months, I've done nothing live on my computer trying to get one, even going a full 24 hours one day without sleep doing NOTHING but searching and reloading store pages when restocks were plentiful and I still can't get one, out of dozens and dozens of restocks. It's always instantly gone as soon I try to check out, even when I use multiple devices in an attempt to just get one. I already have some substantial obsessive-compulsive mental health issues as it is already, and as you can imagine, these last 6 months, especially this last month, have nearly destroyed my mental health trying to get one.

Nothing should be this frustrating or insane of an experience. Retailers aren't helping the issue either, by refusing to even allow systems to be sold in store (At least EVERY retailer in my town anyways). Even with past systems that were a pain to get (Wii especially, and Switch and PS3's early on) you could get lucky if you were dedicated enough to get to stores early on restock day, but that's not even an option now. And as far as scalpers go, I'd legitimately would rather slit my throat than pay scum of the earth, pieces of shit exploiting people's desperation like myself and contributing to the problem of finding one in the first place. I've never had a particular favorable opinion of people like this, but I couldn't state what I think of people like that now without coming off as a psycho at this point.

So, I'm just done. I honestly feel I'm going to have a legitimate mental breakdown if I keep trying to deal with this, and it's not worth it over a fucking game system. Since I don't even have the option to maybe get one in-store, I'm just accepting I won't get one until it's either PS6 comes out, or one falls out of the fucking sky and into my lap.

Sorry for the rant, but I legitimately needed a vent after all this.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I've gotten two so far. Both were for friends and they just cash apples me the cost of the console. It's still ridiculous that this will continue for the foreseeable future.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'm done too. I might try again this summer but it's just annoying and way too time consuming for me to give an honest effort.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
A bit of a pointless update, but I'm just done with trying to get a PS5. Today was my breaking point with dealing with this, after getting screwed 4 times in one day out of getting now (First Target, then Gamestop, then seeing 2 reasonable personal offers online that were instantly sold).

In the last few months, I've done nothing live on my computer trying to get one, even going a full 24 hours one day without sleep doing NOTHING but searching and reloading store pages when restocks were plentiful and I still can't get one, out of dozens and dozens of restocks. It's always instantly gone as soon I try to check out, even when I use multiple devices in an attempt to just get one. I already have some substantial obsessive-compulsive mental health issues as it is already, and as you can imagine, these last 6 months, especially this last month, have nearly destroyed my mental health trying to get one.

Nothing should be this frustrating or insane of an experience. Retailers aren't helping the issue either, by refusing to even allow systems to be sold in store (At least EVERY retailer in my town anyways). Even with past systems that were a pain to get (Wii especially, and Switch and PS3's early on) you could get lucky if you were dedicated enough to get to stores early on restock day, but that's not even an option now. And as far as scalpers go, I'd legitimately would rather slit my throat than pay scum of the earth, pieces of shit exploiting people's desperation like myself and contributing to the problem of finding one in the first place. I've never had a particular favorable opinion of people like this, but I couldn't state what I think of people like that now without coming off as a psycho at this point.

So, I'm just done. I honestly feel I'm going to have a legitimate mental breakdown if I keep trying to deal with this, and it's not worth it over a fucking game system. Since I don't even have the option to maybe get one in-store, I'm just accepting I won't get one until it's either PS6 comes out, or one falls out of the fucking sky and into my lap.

Don't beat yourself up about it. The pandemic fucked a lot of us over. I hope christmas this year it's way easier to just walk in a damn store than the online BS.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
More and more I realize how lucky my friends and I were able to get PS5s for the whole crew. If someone was able to jump on one they would get it and send it to whomever needed it.

I was a maniac on the first day of preoders went live and jumped on the Best Buy preorders that finally started working at like 3AM. Basically spent the entire day and night just being ready to jump on it. Thanks to the Era Wrestling Discord where links would be immediately posted when they went up.

Seems like it's exponentially harder to get one now.

Dec 14, 2017
It's a shitshow.

I've stopped looking and won't start until the first big PS5 exclusive. Everything I need immediately is crossplay on PS4.
This is me, but for a Series X, although my finances have now made it harder to afford a next gen console at all. This should change in the coming months, and hopefully that timing will align beautifully.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
No. Managed to get two pre orders and have bought 3 for friends since that aren't homeworking so can't buy them when the alerts come in.

What country are you in? Been pretty easy in the UK.

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017

Hey my friend, your passion is wonderful.

Perhaps it is indeed time to step away for a little bit to clear your head. Don't worry, in time you'll be able to purchase one and the wait will be worth it. Try and focus on other things that give you happiness for now. There's a whole world out there with so many other avenues for enjoyment and entertainment.

Things are going to be okay, be kind to yourself.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation

I guess I'm the kind of person that would rather "give up" the traditional route by paying for a unit on eBay instead of giving up 24 hours of sleep and all the other fruitless search hours over six months with no success.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had one since launch, but I've had the same problem with an RTX 3080. I was able to get a 3070 after months of trying, but I'm still trying to get a 3080.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel you OP, been looking for one for so long but it's so draining, I'll give up as well before going crazy mad.
I was about to get some PS5 games to get ready but by the time I finally get one, they'll be like 20€ so no point wasting money right now.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I want one but don't really think about it. I'll get it when I get it.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I would have never believed I'd feel relief after using a scalper, but 90€ overprice with this shitshow of a release is...pretty much worth it. This is embarassing for makers.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I don't think it's been that difficult to get either system as long as you know the game.

Try finding masters of the universe origins toys. Now that is difficult.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
I wasnt actively looking for one as my plan was to get one later this year or beginning of next year but since the previews of Returnal have come out i want one sooner and i am dreading the search for it especially as the last drop that i can find here in the Netherlands was the end of March

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I would have never believed I'd feel relief after using a scalper, but 90€ overprice with this shitshow of a release is...pretty much worth it. This is embarassing for makers.

How is this embarrassing for them? There's chip shortages and a pandemic ongoing. The fact these things released when they did is a miracle.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen one for sale here since it came out. Same for Xbox. It's crazy.

But i'm good. Plenty to play on the Switch and Ps4 in the meantime. No rush.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
It's unfortunate but not worth the anguish. They will produce enough to meet demand eventually and then you'll have so many great games to play for cheaper!

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I gave up quickly, not waiting in queues at 6am for nothing lol. I'll get one when they're in stock enough to just buy one without queues and hassle.

The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
I hope it becomes easier for everyone soon. My initial plan when the PS5 dropped was to wait and get one around this time in spring, but I got a Wario alert a week before Xmas that they were available at Best Buy and I went for it and was lucky to purchase. Had to drive an hour away for the pickup due to not being available in my town's store but I'm glad I did

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Just a strange weird choice imo. It's not embarrassing for demand to surpass production. Kinda off topic though so I won't drag this out any longer.
When your stated goal is to move your 114m user base to the next gen at "an unprecedented speed", managing to make 7,8m machines in 8 months is disappointing. But yeah, let's not derail any further.

Jul 30, 2019
Vancouver
I stopped trying. I'm so soured on the experience of trying to get one that I'll probably only buy one when they are spilling over shelves and I happen to pass it by, grabbing it on a whim. It's so far removed from my daily consciousness at this point. I've got other things to keep me busy, thankfully.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
You shouldn't be getting so worked up over a games console OP. Probably a good idea to take a step back and who knows, one might fall in your lap without having to stress so much about it.

OP
OP
ryan13ts

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Hey my friend, your passion is wonderful.

Perhaps it is indeed time to step away for a little bit to clear your head. Don't worry, in time you'll be able to purchase one and the wait will be worth it. Try and focus on other things that give you happiness for now. There's a whole world out there with so many other avenues for enjoyment and entertainment.

Things are going to be okay, be kind to yourself.

Thank you for the kind words, I will most certainly try.

No. Managed to get two pre orders and have bought 3 for friends since that aren't homeworking so can't buy them when the alerts come in.

What country are you in? Been pretty easy in the UK.

I'm in the US. It's an unbridled shitshow trying to get one here.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get the quadfecta

Series X
PS5
Analogue Pocket (preorder)