DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
We are Month away from a new Playstation and Xbox, Both look fantastic. I Look at Demon Souls, I look at things like The Falconeer and all I want is Nintendo to deliver me 4K goodness. how long will we be waiting to see a Nintendo game in Native 4K ? Or at least something around that ball park. I'm not convinced Nintendo will even go 4K with a Switch Pro.

I fully understand the cost behind the UHD Twins, and Nintendo dont have that money but God is it anoying.

thefryguy

Apr 8, 2019
I used to think like this. Then one day in my old 32 yo self I realized I have having more fun with Nintendo games and didn't care about the graphics. 10 years ago, sure. Also my life is hectic so the ability to carry the system on the go has come in the clutch

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
thiis is mario on playstation 6
EVsNlAmXgAMD8LY

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
nintendo has good art teams they dont need raw power to get good graphics stop letting the techy in you obsess with numbers

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I don't care at all about high quality graphics in Nintendo games. Give me a good artstyle and fantastic gameplay, as usual, and I'm good.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I get it, I'm also frustrated with neither Microsoft nor Sony offering a handheld. We can't have everything, I guess.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Nintendo stopped chasing high end graphics with the gamecube, that was before their hybrid approach...

Now with the switch having to be a handheld you can forget it, no dock and arm architecture can get you series x quality visuals.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is like that old, bad comic where Miyamoto got angry at Zelda fans for wanting something different then wanting the old thing again, except now it's about portability and consolidation

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
The way Nintendo utilizes artstyle in their games to make them shine satisfies me enough. 4k would be nice, I don't think anyone would disagree with you there, but they have done well with what they have. (Maybe not so much Twilight Princess, but it was meant for GC anyways.)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Not really - most Switch first party games look great.
Odssey, Arms, Splatoon, 8Deluxe, Animal Crossing, BotW etc.

Expecting 4k graphics from a 4 year old hybrid seems a bit unrealistic when are just now seeing them on wider scale on next-gen consoles that for the most part play cross/current gen content.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo are just too poor to afford 4k. Sure indies can push 4K easy but they just live in basements and don't have to pay for fancy offices or housing for Mario and all those Toads. The expenses those guys rack up is off the charts

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
If they keep making games about gameplay I don't really care. Good gameplay always stands the test of time.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nintendo creates great looking Switch games.

They'll continue to create great looking games on whatever it is we get next, so I'm not worried or annoyed.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It's a matter of their priorities, not a lack of funding. And personally, I couldn't care less (I can't feel even an ounce of excitement for the upcoming 4K systems as it is).

Nov 1, 2017
Let's get to a consistent 1080p first before we even think about 4K wrt Nintendo :(

Hell, I'd settle for better anti-aliasing at the very least...

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't frustrate me but i totally understand your feelings OP.

I guess a brightside is that even if they did have a powerful next gen console you would still feel frustrated about the fact that they don't port their games to PC.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
You might be waiting a bit for that. I'm talking not the next gen Nintendo stuff but the next-next gen Nintendo stuff.
I think they stuff they make for the Switch looks fantastic.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo didn't even bother to put in the work to make Mario 64 16:9 in their collection.
Or make Sunshine run at 60fps.
Nintendo is all about that minimum effort.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
Switch started off with such a huge bang with BOTW and Mario Odyssey but has fallen flat for me. Last proper game I played was Links Awakening which was great but had some awful performance issues. Next thing on the horizon for me is BOTW 2 and Metroid prime 4. Would love a switch pro for them.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think lack of money is why Nintendo aren't doing 4k.

I'd like to see it personally as I think those artstyles would look fantastic in higher resolutions but I've accepted Nintendo are likely to always be behind tech wise nowadays.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
Just forget about it with Nintendo. They will never be that level again. Isn't switch under 1tflop? They aren't going to jump to 10-12. The machines would be too expensive and Nintendo would then be competing with PS5 and Xbox
Not going to happen. Maybe you'll get 3-4tflops? So it might look nice but not 10tflops nice.
That said if they stated with 1080 they could get close with 3tflops although I do wonder if they'd go 4K by default because it's the next big thing.

Deleted member 70647

User requested account closure
Banned
May 31, 2020
Nintendo's been REALLY shitty for this past year and have been showing major signs of super scummy corporate BS. I've seen people defend them simply because "theyre nintendo!!" and i hate it. Nintendo's change has been noticeable and it's not for the better.....Noticed this is about graphics though, I hope they get there too. But as is I feel a lot of their games still look pretty nice.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even have a tv that is 4k

still rocking a 2013 HD TV lol. And I only play handheld so I'm rocking 720p.

one day I'll join the modern era of televisions. I use to play Xbox 360
Without HD since I didn't own a HD tv until PS4/WiiU/Xbox One Gen lol

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Most people who buy Nintendo products don't care about cutting edge graphical fedelity. The last time they tried to have the most powerful console it flopped (gamecube). Yeah higher resolution would be nice, but it just isn't a priority for them.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have never played a contemporary Mario or Zelda title and thought, in the moment, "Wow, I wish these graphics were better."

Art style > horsepower. Gameplay > all.

JohnDusk

Oct 24, 2018
I'm not sure it is about them not having the money. They just stopped creating powerful consoles after the gamecube. And it works for them most of the time. The only way to have Nintendo goodness with modern graphics is via emulation. Maybe mid-term they'd be able to implement something like DLSS in a future console. That could be a way to circumvent the weak hardware bottleneck. In the meantime I would be happy if they started implementing decent antialiasing solutions in all their games. I'd rather take a graphical downgrade if that means getting rid of the jaggies fest that a lot of their games are.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
If I were a Nintendo customer my higher priority would be them supporting DLSS than releasing games in native 4K.