• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Disguises

Mar 1, 2018
Just to chime in. I ordered from aliexpress on 4th Jan and received the adapter on 1st March. It did get to a point where I thought it was held at customs/lost, but the wait paid off.
No problems at all here with the latest firmware! Only negatives I can think of is that turning my Switch on from sleep is not possible in the current version, but I hear the functions being added soon. Other than that, the battery life is quite bad, but I have a cable close to charge when it gets low.
Overall, very happy with the product, would definitely recommend one. Much comfier using an Xbox controller on my PS4

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Adapter shipped from FocusAttack this morning, should be the 1.1 revision. I'm anticipating it to use on my Elite both for Ps4 Destiny and as a Switch controller.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I knew this was being made when I bought my regular brook adapter just weeks ago. I randomly encountered this on the internet last night and now I just have to get one.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
My adapter crapped out, it was the first revision.
I contacted their RMA and they came through with a new replacement.
This new revision fits the controller much better, no need to force it to fit like the previous one.
Also, the Brook button is slightly elevated making it easier to press.

I am very satisfied with the product, it's the first Kickstarter I've backed.

GOGO.Zippy

Jan 3, 2018
My adapter crapped out, it was the first revision.
I contacted their RMA and they came through with a new replacement.
This new revision fits the controller much better, no need to force it to fit like the previous one.
Also, the Brook button is slightly elevated making it easier to press.

I am very satisfied with the product, it's the first Kickstarter I've backed.
mnemonicj
Thanks, Brook will keep doing more for this converter.
Like to add wireless mode on PC & wired mode on XBOX One soon

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Does this work in win7 PC?

Micro USB died in me and I want wireless anyway.

Also, latency?

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Played quite a bit on mine earlier (Elite controller on D2).

Just as expected:
No latency
Good battery life (was going to be my only real worry)
Syncs easily.

Can't wait to setup this up on my Switch. Keeps me from having to buy a Pro controller!

Nov 4, 2017
Just got mine in today from Focus Attack and this thing rules. Anyone who's complained about how garbage DS4s are owes themselves to pick it up, it really provides a full, seamless. lagless experience. Really impressed.

Mar 22, 2018
Do the new versions cover up the xbox elite paddles on/off button? I got one from Amazon USA and you can't press the green button to enable or disable the paddles because the brook x one covers it up. Sometimes when you install the x one it disables the paddles by itself and you have to take it off.

But the product is awesome even with this issue.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
There's a tiny notch on the adapter that doesn't hit the button, but it does cover it and make it difficult to press.

I was wondering if maybe it would be worth engineering a little spring loaded key into the plastic for pressing it.

XDDX

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking about picking up one of these but had a couple of questions if anyone can answer.

How does this work with PC, does it work wireless or does it need to be wired? It doesn't come with a receiver so I'm a bit confused.
Also If I want to use this with both PS4 and PC, do I constantly have to sync it if I want to use it with the other device or just follow those button combinations?
Does it support rumble/vibration just like normal controllers would?

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

GOGO.Zippy

Jan 3, 2018
What did you fix with v 1.2? How can we tell if we're getting v1.2? Whats changed?
jasius
The new hardware V1.2 released at the middle of March, it improved issue to hold down sync button

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CEcTuIguKAbaaH8c_sSd8nIbfL6iaCrM/view?usp=sharing

X1%20converter.jpg
view

GOGO.Zippy

Jan 3, 2018
Thinking about picking up one of these but had a couple of questions if anyone can answer.

How does this work with PC, does it work wireless or does it need to be wired? It doesn't come with a receiver so I'm a bit confused.
Also If I want to use this with both PS4 and PC, do I constantly have to sync it if I want to use it with the other device or just follow those button combinations?
Does it support rumble/vibration just like normal controllers would?

Thanks to anyone that can answer.
XDDX
It can work in wired mode or need a xbox one wireless receiver to connect with wireless communication. As this link https://youtu.be/UadwgiYV7C4

Hold on View + A(PS4) or View + X(PC wireless mode) or View + Y(PC wired mode) to change mode.

The rumble function on PS4/PC is fine

jasius

Oct 28, 2017

Deepo

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I'm very interested in this, but I really want version 1.2, as I use an Elite controller. Has anyone been able to confirm where you can get the new revision?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
jasius
The new hardware V1.2 released at the middle of March, it improved issue to hold down sync button

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CEcTuIguKAbaaH8c_sSd8nIbfL6iaCrM/view?usp=sharing

X1%20converter.jpg
view

Crap, I just ordered possibly an older one, how would I know if I ordered a newer one? Is the box different? Is this really a major change? I read that this issue could disable the Elite's paddles, is there a workaround if I get an old version?

Darn. I ordered this for the Elite and can't use that button, and it's almost impossible to pull it out once in.
Wish I had waited now.

XDDX

Oct 26, 2017
I have an issue when I'm using it on the PC settings. The rumble triggers don't seem to work in Forza Horizon 3 (and I assume other MS games). With the normal Xbox One controller, you have the rumble triggers vibrating, but the Xbox One controller + Brook X One adapter has no rumble trigger vibration, only normal vibration. Not sure if this is supposed to be like this but I would love to have the rumble triggers with the Brook X One adapter in PC mode. In Xbox One mode the Brook X One doesn't work wired so you can't use that as a workaround to make the rumble triggers work on PC.

GOGO.Zippy

Jan 3, 2018
I have an issue when I'm using it on the PC settings. The rumble triggers don't seem to work in Forza Horizon 3 (and I assume other MS games). With the normal Xbox One controller, you have the rumble triggers vibrating, but the Xbox One controller + Brook X One adapter has no rumble trigger vibration, only normal vibration. Not sure if this is supposed to be like this but I would love to have the rumble triggers with the Brook X One adapter in PC mode. In Xbox One mode the Brook X One doesn't work wired so you can't use that as a workaround to make the rumble triggers work on PC.
XDDX
Thanks to use Brook X One Adapter.
At this moment, Brook X One Adapter can't work wired communication on PC as a Xbox One controller

We will have a new firmware to support soon.

XDDX

Oct 26, 2017
XDDX
Thanks to use Brook X One Adapter.
At this moment, Brook X One Adapter can't work wired communication on PC as a Xbox One controller

We will have a new firmware to support soon.
Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully with that firmware rumble triggers will work on PC. Loving the adapter so far with PS4 and once it supports rumble triggers on PC it will be perfect.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I cant get it properly put into my Xbox One controller. I either get the USB part in, and the cover is WAY off, or I get the cover in, and the USB port is nowhere near. I dont want to use force cause I am sure it will break. I have no idea how this is ever going to fit, its not even close to being properly shaped from what I'm seeing. Already scratched up my controller even trying.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
I cant get it properly put into my Xbox One controller. I either get the USB part in, and the cover is WAY off, or I get the cover in, and the USB port is nowhere near. I dont want to use force cause I am sure it will break. I have no idea how this is ever going to fit, its not even close to being properly shaped from what I'm seeing. Already scratched up my controller even trying.
Mine was a bit of a tight fit on my Elite. I found with the couple of times I had to remove it that putting it back in was pretty much:
1) align the USB port and slightly put it in (just the tip)
2) align the battery section
3) hold the battery section in while you slide the rest in.

Is yours the old one or the newer one with the notch for the sync button?

Casper

Oct 25, 2017

Check this video out too. It shows a bit better where to place your fingers/apply pressure when connecting it. You'll get the 'trick' of it pretty quickly.

matthews

Dec 25, 2017
Just ordered one from Ali since Focusattack doesn't ship this outside the US. Does this work with the PS4 remote play app on Windows or Mac while attached as USB?

Rio

Apr 13, 2018
I'm using xbox elite controller with this adapter upgraded to latest firmware. But it seems my paddles dont work sometimes. I think this is related to share/touchpad button. Any idea how to fix this?

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
I'm using xbox elite controller with this adapter upgraded to latest firmware. But it seems my paddles dont work sometimes. I think this is related to share/touchpad button. Any idea how to fix this?
Are you using the original version or the newer hardware revision? If it's the old one you need to pull it out just a tiny bit so it's not hitting the sync button.

Rexaur

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Elite controller is my favourite, but since all my friends were playing Monster Hunter on PS4 I migrated there.

Anywhere to pick up the latest revision for Canada?

Rio

Apr 13, 2018
Are you using the original version or the newer hardware revision? If it's the old one you need to pull it out just a tiny bit so it's not hitting the sync button.
That worked great ! I just slide folded paper inside to make the gap. Thank you.

So I guess I had the older one. Maybe I'll just dremel this a bit

Cives1

Apr 9, 2018
Galicia, Spain
I'm the happy owner of a Brook X One adapter. I bought it last Friday: it works flawlessly both with a OG Xbox One Controller and a Xbox One S Controller. No firmware update was necessary whatsoever. I am using it with a PS4 Slim with the latest firmware version (v. 5.53).

I've been playing Bloodborne with my Xbox One S controller (and the Brook X One adapter) and I've suffered no disconnections and no lag.

So far, the only caveats of the adapter are as follows:
- Battery life is much shorter than Xbox One Controller using regular AA batteries. I'd say the battery lasts about the same as in the PS4 controller.
- The Brook X One adapter protrudes in the central section of the back of the Xbox One controller (where the micro-USB port is located), and thus it affects the ergonomy of the controller. It is not a big nuisance, but it makes less free room for your index fingers (it makes you grab the controller in a very tight way).

The Brook X One adapter is currently selling for EUR 42,90 at Amazon Spain

Last edited:

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Check this video out too. It shows a bit better where to place your fingers/apply pressure when connecting it. You'll get the 'trick' of it pretty quickly.

Mine was a bit of a tight fit on my Elite. I found with the couple of times I had to remove it that putting it back in was pretty much:
1) align the USB port and slightly put it in (just the tip)
2) align the battery section
3) hold the battery section in while you slide the rest in.

Is yours the old one or the newer one with the notch for the sync button?

Thanks. I managed with these posts. I'm not sure about the notch, yeah there is some extra space near the notch on my Xbox Elite Controller, is that what you mean?

I'm still struggling to remap buttons on the paddles of my Elite controller. But maybe these arent usable for the remapping. I found a few videos on it, but it is rather complicated to me.
Was hoping to map A,X and B,Y to single buttons on the paddles.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Thanks. I managed with these posts. I'm not sure about the notch, yeah there is some extra space near the notch on my Xbox Elite Controller, is that what you mean?

I'm still struggling to remap buttons on the paddles of my Elite controller. But maybe these arent usable for the remapping. I found a few videos on it, but it is rather complicated to me.
Was hoping to map A,X and B,Y to single buttons on the paddles.
The adapter has a small notch in it to accommodate the sync button on the newer adapter revision. Zippy has posted a pic of it earlier in the thread.

Mapping to the paddles on the Elite is just buttons on the controller, not macros. Apparently you can use the Xbox app to remap instead of having to use an Xbox, though.