Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm approaching the last wave for the first time:
Is there any reason not to destroy all my buildings that don't provide power or defense?
What happens, for example if I raise all my houses right before the attack? Wouldn't that make things easier cause they then don't spawn any zombies? I'm trying to figure out how to structure my defenses around that so I don't run into a "Well, they took over the food area so everything is over now" scenario.
Also, is the last wave attacking from all sides or just where the previous waves came from. I have relatively weak defended opening but they never attacked there before.

They attack from all sides, but "all sides" means one at north, south, west and east, meaning that depending on how the geography is and how your base layout is, there is the possibility of a wall being ignored, but that's kind of hard to plan for...

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Fuuuuuck, got to day 111/120. I just didn't have anywhere near enough for the final, but it's the first time I've ever gotten that far so progress I guess. I just want to unlock the second map :(

calder

Oct 25, 2017
This game still kicks my ass. I've only beaten it... twice? And that was on the lowest settings.

Played for hours last night and died on the final wave at 75% and considered it a moral victory as I finally had my tech and econ to a decent spot. I really need to keep the day in mind more now though, I would have had a much better shot at the end had I remembered how long I had to prepare and divided up my thanatoses properly. And had about 10 more thannies but that goes without saying.

I definitely have the "still deep down play this game like StarCraft" problem though, really hard to break some habits.

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
Just watch AznElite123 videos.
There are no build orders since everything depends on the RNG nearby resources, geography, and the loots from scouting.
However, he shows you the basic of the game to play minimum at 100%+.

Get the basic housing and food to support 2x mills and granary for 20 stones to rush Command Center to get at least 20+ archers up and running (8 archers on back up to patrol N/S/W/E or how many holes there are).
Get Wood Research to get Ballista tech to help push out. Only get snipers when you economy is 700+1k gold.
Buil saw mill, saw mill, saw mill. Always maintain a 30-40 tick, hell, even 100+ near end game to spam housing while you slowly upgrading to stone houses.

Don't build BIG wall, just build small parameter with extra archers patrolling and ballista to keep it safe.
This is the biggest reason why people fail imo. Wasting golds on closing off their town while they should put the resource in a mobile army.

You should only double wall depending on when a wave is about to hit or you have inflow of resources and you need to burn it fast.
Can't be stressed enough. RTS 101 really as you're usually better off building army than static D. Larger army helps thin out waves before they even reach the walls, can grab resources from around the map and is key to letting your settlement grow quickly.
I definitely have the "still deep down play this game like StarCraft" problem though, really hard to break some habits.
Been fun watching some of the old SC community dip their toes. Some are willing to pause to feel things out and learn. Others have been like; 'Screw pause. I don't pause an RTS!'

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Been fun watching some of the old SC community dip their toes. Some are willing to pause to feel things out and learn. Others have been like; 'Screw pause. I don't pause an RTS!'

My coworker keeps messaging me talking about Artosis and how he still sucks, still won't pause and it's not even fun to watch anymore because it's like he's actively trying to not get better lol. Dude is stubborn as hell, which can be fun but can get a bit annoying since he's not exactly a dynamic, engaging streamer. InControl also kinda sucks but is at least a bit more open to meeting the game halfway.

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand I saw Day 9 waltz through the first map pretty quickly. Not sure if it was his first attempt.

Artosis also plays with a lot of his SC salt so that holds him back a bit lol.

timmbp

Oct 25, 2017
Version 0.6.0 update
  • Community Challenge
  • New Languages Available: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, German, French, Russian, Polish and Brazilian
  • Waypoints for paths: Press and hold the SHIFT key to add more waypoints to the path when the unit is patrolling, attacking or moving.
  • New Survival Elements: Old Towers and Explosive Barrels

timmbp

Oct 25, 2017
First game played since the update and had an old radar tower spawn right next to my base. Pointless and now I have a bunch of unusable land, lol.

I feel like they changed the ranger animation as well. There's a little delay in going from firing to moving that I don't remember before.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
this game has some of the worst responsiveness and ui coding/input handling in a game I've ever played.

Last edited:

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
FINALLY, after 30 hours I've unlocked map 2:

br8tFSD.jpg

Such an intense game, I almost wiped on wave 95, I had to do 38 repairs, so many of my buildings were screwed but somehow I rebuilt and upgraded enough to survive the last wave.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Map 2 has that thing where sometimes village of dooms spawn way too close to the HQ.
But it's also very fun to clean them up.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
https://imgur.com/xuoWPLR

Finally beat map 3. Managed to clear the whole map (freaking spitters everywhere) which really helped for the final wave. At the end I had 60+ snipers, 40 thanatos and 40 executors. My gold income was like 50 haha.
Those extra 20 days are very important for setting up the final defense.

Quakeguy

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Oh there was an OT for this? Cool!

2 months later and still haven't been able to beat first map.

Give me some killer advice...

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
I wasn't able to play this for the past few weeks.

They added new orchestrated music and a the tavern.

The current weekly challenge map is wood deprived, so I'm not going to be able to build one. Has anyone tried it?

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Picked up the game on steam sale. Addictive as hell but I have no idea what I'm doing. Have the updates changed the game a ton or is the advice in this thread and elsewhere from January still mostly correct?

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the game on steam sale. Addictive as hell but I have no idea what I'm doing. Have the updates changed the game a ton or is the advice in this thread and elsewhere from January still mostly correct?
I haven't played in a couple of months but I imagine the advice from the thread is still valid. They haven't changed the core loop of the game just added a few new modes, buildings, and interface presentation improvements. Best advice I can give to a newcomer is get at least a couple of posts up around your botders quickly. Letting even one Tesla tower fall to a lone zombie can quickly be a death sentence in this game with how they multiply

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought it and played for a few hours.

Fucking brutal game, and im loving it!! Everytime i try to set up a new game, im learning something new, my personal record is 60days onf the first map, but im improving!

Now they just released a new update, but i dont know how it works

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently the game has been getting really cool steam workshop support? I haven't played in like 4 months but I was looking for a reason to dip back in, any key stuff to reccomend?

Definitely seems like the game is coming along nicely and looking forward to the campaign content they are making!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i'm waiting for full release at this point, totally sold on it as a game (spent like 10 hours the first time this wave hit). Only thing is I'll need some kind of... scaling option or something for the final waves because they brought my PC to its knees.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
The developers released a couple of blog entries regarding the upcoming campaign throughout the last months:
  • 40-60 hour long campaign
  • tech tree / research after each mission
  • players can choose the next mission, depending on their play style
  • difficulty can be chosen for each mission (points system, if you fail again and again it won't be good though)
  • they hope to release the campaign and version 1.0 in June 2019
  • campaign is around 75% finished (as of 2nd of April)
  • no new survival content until campaign is finished, they want to avoid further delays, but it could be that the campaign won't be ready in June (due to problems, translations (core game is being done in Spanish), voice-over, cinematics, etc.
  • new survival content will be released alongside the campaign and ver 1.0 (two new themes, new units and structures)

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yea cNt wait for that campaign to come out and have a good excuse to get deep back into the game again

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
40-60 hours?!

They are gonna get a lot of sales when the campaign drops. I wouldn't be surprised if sales dropped after they announced going all in on the campaign development.

Though, with the announcement of a release date, they may get a lot of people picking it up now.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Necro bump because the game is out of early access and the campaign mode is out.

The Campaign: The New Empire.
Lead the campaign under the orders of Quintus Crane, ruler of the New Empire, and reconquer the lands devastated by the infected.

• 48 missions with more than 60 hours of gameplay.
  • Build fortified colonies to survive in infected territories
  • Destroy the swarms of infected with the Imperial Army.
  • Make your colonies evolve with more than 90 available technologies.
  • Explore the ancient human fortresses with your Hero.
  • Discover the story behind the apocalypse... how did the pandemic start?

I am hyped for this. Downloading the update right now. This game is great and expect big things from the campaign.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Necro bump because the game is out of early access and the campaign mode is out.

I am hyped for this. Downloading the update right now. This game is great and expect big things from the campaign.
I had pretty much completely forgotten the Campaign mode was still coming lol. Will download it now, thanks for letting us know!

Anyone play Conan Unconquered? I hear its just like They Are Billions, but with hero classes.

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to play the campaign, had a ton of fun with survival but took a break for the last year or so