• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Maybe Trump antagonizing the Chinese with a pointless trade war might give them cause to not help us with NK and actually use them as a way to pressure us.

:thinking:
It's almost like world diplomacy involves using your fucking brain, following some semblance of protocol, actual tact, and not acting in 100 percent bad faith.

Trump is an fucking delusional moron and anyone who thought he could actually pull this off is one too.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
The scary thing is that Trump probably thinks he really did solve NK and when things don't go well, Bolton and those guys might rile him up to try a military solution.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If they don't denuke, the crippling sanctions will continue and eventually get worse. NK is already on the verge of of collapse, which would put a quick end to Kim's reign. At the very least, NK needs to keep the peace-train rolling. The photo-op alone won't protect him.

This doesn't seem to be true. As NK has a gigantic black market of drugs, slavery, and electronics that are rebranded made in other countries, iirc. The sanctions hit the people, but the Nk power seems to stem from shady money and deals. Likely ok'd by china.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
History will look back on the meeting as a huge joke and major symptom of the incompetence of this administration.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
NK just wanted some legitimacy internationally. They got it when Doofus Donald met with them. Of course they were gonna pull back. That's their MO.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
So in short the DPRK is continuing to pull the same crap they've been doing for 30 years.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
North Korea is reportedly working on a new submarine capable of firing nuclear-armed missiles: http://www.businessinsider.com/nort...-missiles-2018-7?international=true&r=US&IR=T
North Korea appears to be working on a new submarine capable of firing nuclear-armed ballistic missiles, according to information gathered by South Korea's military.

Kim Hack-yong, a South Korean lawmaker who until a few weeks ago was head of the legislature's defense committee, told The Wall Street Journal that North Korea appeared to working on the sub at the port of Sinpo on the country's east coast.

An aide to Kim said South Korean intelligence had noticed workers and materials moving at the port, where work on the sub appeared to be taking place at an indoor facility. Kim, whose term as the defense-committee chief recently ended, is a member of the conservative party that has been wary of talks with North Korea.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NK wants to become China while the US has wanted it to become it's bitch like SK for decades and also now.
How do they ever believed to become like China? The country is too small and if the ever loose control the country gets absorbed by somebody anyway.

I feel for the citizens of North Korea though. Reading the recent thread on the conditions was difficult. I can only hope that they get the entire top of the country eventually and bring them to justice.

Deleted member 9986

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do they ever believed to become like China? The country is too small and if the ever loose control the country gets absorbed by somebody anyway.

I feel for the citizens of North Korea though. Reading the recent thread on the conditions was difficult. I can only hope that they get the entire top of the country eventually and bring them to justice.
What do you mean how do they ever believed to become like China? Increase their productive capacities in a similar manner is what I was talking about while keeping relative sized control over their capital and politics.

If you feel for the North Korean citizens, do you support dropping the economic sanctions on the country then? If not that 'feeling for' is nothing different from all the 'feeling for' imperialists have for countries they sanction to hell and back for not bending over to their homogeny.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"President Trump signed a peace treated with Tyrannical Dictator Kim-Jong Un, then called him "Very honourable". Only for North Korea to immediately rescind the peace offer.

President Trump, what a F**KING IDIOT!"

*Paid for by Insert campaign name here*

Seriously this is ammo for the Dems.

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii
The problem is by-and-large the American public doesn't give a shit about foreign policy unless we're blowing shit up. The cultists who unironically bought Trump's Rocket Man schtick got their photo-op. Everyone who knows he a moronic grifter still knows that.

The cynic in me believes he will try to use Chinese tariffs as leverage for them to apply tougher sanctions against NK. That won't work and who knows what these numbnuts will do
Are you a fan of Sherman?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
NK isn't going to denuke.

I swear to god half of you are trolls.
I do not trust anything Trump's administration says. Literally nothing. If it gets confirmed by an independent source outside the administration like the NYT, CNN, ABC, MSNBC etc etc then that's one thing.

But I will never take these shit heels at their word about anything because they choose to constantly lie about everything.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
Damn played trump. They knew that what ever trump gave up they could spin as unfair. Trump underestimated north Korea. Know we look like fools and they have built support in a world where our enemies grow stronger. I