Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've logged over 5 hrs across xb1x and PC and cannot get enough...I'm gettin my ass handed to me alot but I can't stop coming back.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
It is awesome! Glad to hear people are trying it. 80 players would be better suited on the map I think so I hope they can do that sooner rather than later. Or 81 or whatever since it's 3s.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Impressive! Didn't enjoy existing BR game so far, but perhaps I should take a look at this one.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Me waking up: Who? Where? What is going on?

Doing some research: It's a F2P BR game from Respawn and EA? WTF?! Where did this come from? Why didn't I know about this?

I guess Anthem is dead now. I'll give this one a spin.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
First I've heard of this game! DLing it now on PS4!
I played the heck out of CoD4: MW and MW2. Hope it's as good (or better)!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Pretty crazy stats. I watched some vids and it's a nice looking game. Battle royale is still incredibly boring to me though due to aimless wandering and repetitive map design. It's not something I'll ever play myself, even free

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I am not a big fan of BR games and I had fun playing around. I really hope this does well for Respawn.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
It's gonna take a dip from this for sure. But for BR games it's still essentially the only dog in town on Steam so it'll be fine just for that alone.

I'm not really sure, I think it's still going to chug along just fine. If anything it feels like this is going to take away from CoD if anything. Gameplay is definately more similar to that game compared to PUBG imo. But who knows... that's just my guess :P

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I think this proves that the months/years of marketing/coverage/hype surrounding games are unnecessary for a game that doesn't rely on pre-orders.

You can just drop something like this out of nowhere, and with the right marketing surrounding it, boom!

I'm sick to my core that we're not getting TF3, given TF2 is my favourite SP campaign this generation. But if I base this game on its own merits, it's fun and supremely polished, and feels great. So kudos to Respawn all the same.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
wonder if this will affect Anthem...

Congrats to Respawn - can't wait to try it when I get home.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Most impressive thing about that is that there were no server meltdowns

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Especially after TF2 bombed and didn't make enough money to justify a 3rd Game which made Respawn consider dropping TF and make instead a game that so far seems hitting the right notes with the current mainstream taste.

The "Fans" or the lack of them are the reason in the first place there is no TF3.

Evidence suggests Respawn themselves are responsible. By all accounts the reason TF2 failed was due to being sandwiched between BF1 and CoD. Recently it was revealed that Respawn had insisted on that release date.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Only had a chance to play four or five games yesterday, but it was very good. If the first impressions endure, it probably just killed Blackout for me as the best BR. I think it may already have killed Blackout for my friends.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be a great game that I'm terrible at, going to stick with it as it does feel satisfying, though I am getting some weird shakiness/stuttering even when I'm at a solid 60.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still thinking about the game and want to continue playing after work.

Not even remotely close to it. Still the most popular BR game and will continue to be, especially with PUBG Lite coming.

I had no idea about PUBG Lite, seems dope. But why testing is Thailand only? Is the game/genre big there or something?

Last edited:

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I always play solo but I can't imagine playing solo in Apex. They've done something amazing with the squad/ping system here. I can't believe I ENJOY playing with randoms.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I thought FPS BR game was not for me after playing Black Ops 4 beta

But this one is really good !

zeomax

Oct 28, 2017
If the game has 1 million players and is the most viewed game on Twitch after 4 weeks then i will be impressed!

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's a really great game. I just kinda wish the island was a liiiittle smaller so encounters happened a little more often.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So.....

What's a 'BR' game and what is Apex Legends? Not a racing game then? I am completely in the dark here, LOL

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
If it was gonna happen it was gonna happen at the surprise launch

Not everyone is going to rush to log onto a game that is shadow dropped. If anything, you'll probably get less people on in those first 12 hours than you would if you were to announce that it's coming out later this week so people know exactly when it's coming and log on as soon as it's up.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played Fortnite for a week and that was my experience 90% of the time. I won a match by not seeing anyone until the very end and picking them off. Didn't find it very rewarding.
Same for'me It's annoying to play 20m wandering around and in my experience to get one shot at the end.

I want to love this kind of game but I'm very bad I guess

Oct 27, 2017
That's great!

But how many players are the same as others? That's the real test of popularity!

(nah I get it, just seemed funny on the initial read)

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Now they just have to support it tenaciously. Lots of balance updates and content on the reg just like Fortnite. So many games fail in the support so if they can get that down this game will do really well.

Techno