Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
Installed

Played one match

No idea what I was doing

Didn't realise it was squad based

Got killed and revived a lot

Felt like I had already missed the boat on this game despite it being out for less than two weeks

Uninstalled

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
I just want to say, I love Wraith. She's a badass emo anime ninja who sprints like Naruto and runs with guns like she's holding a katana. And that deep voice, omg

Oct 25, 2017
I blasted someone in the face with a Peacemaker and he didn't go down and then he melted me in seconds with a SMG it looked like, sometimes I really don't know what's going with the damage trade off.
Yeah that happens to me soooo often I almost refuse to pick up shotguns anymore unless I'm desperate early on. I manage to flank a guy, blast him point blank, only to end up dying because by the time I get a second shot off, he unloads whatever SMG/AR he's carrying into me, even with level 2 armor or better.

I don't blame the game, I just need to get used to it and adjust coming from Fortnite, where shotgun headshots almost always kill.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I
Installed

Played one match

No idea what I was doing

Felt like I had already missed the boat on this game despite it being out for less than two weeks

Uninstalled
You didn't miss the boat on anything. If your interested look some stuff up on the game and get familiar with some things first then jump in.

Oct 25, 2017
Win with randoms #9. Not a lot of action but the final showdown happened in like round 4, ending in a wild shootout in a cave shortly before the circle arrived. Only 2 classes left to win with, then to make sure I have 5000 damage with all of them.

My first win was a 3 v 1. I was in a 3 but the last dude had locked down the area with shields and aerial bombardment. Luckily my squad had shields and healing drones. I was Wraith so I warped and ran to his side and flanked him while they had my guys pinned down. The match was crazy intense and the dynamic of the fight felt scripted but it obviously wasn't.

Damn good stuff.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
Installed

Played one match

No idea what I was doing

Uninstalled

LOL what? Did you expect to dominate your very first time? I had to play like five rounds until I finally got my first kill.

I'm not telling you what you can and can't play, but c'mon, give yourself more than a few minutes with something before writing it off. It's a very fun game.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Mirage sucks. Can't even shoot while doing his ultimate. What a waste of resources.

It's weird my friends and I don't think the game is very good yet we keep playing it. We don't like the gunplay at all and think you get constantly double and triple teamed.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Installed

Played one match

No idea what I was doing

Uninstalled

You didn't miss the boat, you just had really really high expectations about your skill level. That's how like 99% of everyone's first game in a BR goes.

Dijital_Majik

Oct 27, 2017
Also, random question:

Does anyone use wrist supports when playing FPS? I wonder if its a handicap or a benefit.

Yes, I use a support for my keyboard hand, but I have dodgy wrists, and play on a sofa with keyboard on my lap.

400 DPI?

I set mine to that, and takes forever to move to the next monitor with my mouse haha. You use that all the time or just FPS?

And I definitely use my fingers to aim, barely move my wrist. I think maybe the wrist rest prevents me from it, so I'm going to go with out it.

I moved down to 400dpi and 3.0 sens in game (800-1600 for browsing/windows), which is lower than I use for other FPS and found my aim improved drastically. At a 110 fov it is slightly under 360 degrees for the length of my mousepad. Remember to adjust your ADS sensitivity as well to match your chosen hip fire sens. Mine is about 1.46. Aim at a point and do a full mousepad movement, edge to edge or 360 (whichever comes first), then ADS and swipe the opposite way. Keep doing it until you end up back at the point you started.

Playing at low sensitivity will feel weird and very slow at first, but eventually you'll get it. 180+s will require a quick swipe and lift or two.

Also highly recommend Aimtastic on Steam, which is a free aim trainer. You can plug in your Source engine sensitivity, fov, fps etc to match the game. Have a play with some of the modes on there as a warm up for about 5-10 mins and watch your aim (and confidence in it) skyrocket.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
4 wins in a row. Last game was intense! Holy shit I didn't know the Peacekeeper can hit long range bruv!!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Installed

Played one match

No idea what I was doing

Uninstalled

Ok, cool.

Are you looking for someone here to convince you to reinstall? Because that's not going to happen.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Mirage sucks. Can't even shoot while doing his ultimate. What a waste of resources.
His Tactical Ability might as well be his Ultimate. It does amazing work, but I haven't figured out a good use of his real ultimate yet.

Mirage Ult also charges insanely fast, so I don't think it's meant to be very powerful, it's just meant to be kind of used whenever I guess.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Frame rates dropping so hard and this needs to be fixed ASAP. Can't aim, can't shoot and do shit when the frames dives!

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Installed

Played one match

No idea what I was doing

Uninstalled

giphy.gif

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's weird my friends and I don't think the game is very good yet we keep playing it. We don't like the gunplay at all and think you get constantly double and triple teamed.

Apart from balance this is why I hate having to grind or pay for new heroes, spend all that time and then you unlock something you'll never play.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Apart from balance this is why I hate having to grind or pay for new heroes, spend all that time and then you unlock something you'll never play.
I recently found out that Caustic apparently sucks, while being super hyped to soon be able to play him because I really like his design.

Bummer.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random win #10, back to back wins finally. This was surprisingly easy, we killed a lot and hardly ever risked dying. Fun one.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Can you buy anything but characters with the regular coins? I can't remember, I'm farming materials for an epic skin which only cost 400 materiales but getting those is really slow, I've like... 225 or something, lvl 25.

Only characters and the skin upgrades in that one screen can be bought with the coins you get by leveling up. And yeah, materials are super hard to come by, you're not gonna have much luck getting a specific Epic by using them if you don't pay up...

Are you marking your wins on a piece of paper or is your memory that good? I lost track of my wins after like the first 2 days without in-game stat tracking for it. Wins with Full Squad only gives me a ballpark estimate.

Yep, I'm typing it in manually every time I win. Really seems like a stat that a lot of people would want to see, so hopefully they add that, weird how it's not a thing already.

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
Installed

Played one match

No idea what I was doing

Uninstalled

Lol what do you expect? To know everything and kick ass right out of the gate? As with any game the more you play the better you get. Sounds like you just lack patience.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that happens to me soooo often I almost refuse to pick up shotguns anymore unless I'm desperate early on. I manage to flank a guy, blast him point blank, only to end up dying because by the time I get a second shot off, he unloads whatever SMG/AR he's carrying into me, even with level 2 armor or better.

I don't blame the game, I just need to get used to it and adjust coming from Fortnite, where shotgun headshots almost always kill.

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I keep seeing how much people love the Peacemaker but maybe they're just bumping into guys that can't aim. I've had multiple point-blank encounters that by the time I aim and ready a second shot, I'm melted close range due to the opponents SMG.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
If there's one thing that's bugging me a fair bit right now, it's that when I roll the dice to play solo i've spent the last two days in particular ending up frequently in what one could call the babysitter role, where you get booked in with two relative newcomers.
Now I'd be far more accepting of this if it weren't for the fact that meanwhile other teams will absolutely be rocking multiple players with stat cards indicating that they've been pulling all nighters with this game.
To say you feel kinda fucked in this event feels like an understatement, certainly doesn't do any favours for the newer players either, I ain't hard carry material!
---

Otherwise the rest of my Apex experience today...

I'll get that Pathfinder win eventually.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like stability actually got worse with the new patch on PC. I'm crashing more than I did before, and so was my friend. :/

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Installed

Played one match

No idea what I was doing

Uninstalled
You can easily catch up in games like these. Shame you didn't stick with it, it's so good...

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
any chance they will add modes where it's all teams of 4, or teams of 5, or teams of 6?
(i can see how having multiple team sizes playing in the same match would make it unfair for the smaller teams.)

a team of only 3 is too limiting for my friends who want to play together.
I feel like there's more a chance of them doing that than there is for adding solo.

I recently found out that Caustic apparently sucks, while being super hyped to soon be able to play him because I really like his design.

Bummer.
Caustic has his uses. He's just a bit more situational than most characters. For example, he is the guy you want if you are defending or setting an ambush for a tight space. He's also super useful if you're about to assault a team in a tight space. That's what traps and his ult are good for. His trap can also be pretty useful if you're in the middle of a battle and down an enemy close by but don't have the time or confidence to focus taking them down immediately. Throw it down on them and they'll continue to take damage, their teammates aren't going to try to res them in the gas, and it blinds their vision some to keep them from pinging you effectively. There's probably other random things that aren't super obvious like throwing it at the entrance of an enemy Wraith's portal to keep an eye on it in a fight (or setting it up as a trap with your own team's Wraith). Again, not very useful in wide open area firefights but, if your team is playing to their comps strengths smartly, you'd try to avoid that situation as much as possible.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If there's one thing that's bugging me a fair bit right now, it's that when I roll the dice to play solo i've spent the last two days in particular ending up frequently in what one could call the babysitter role, where you get booked in with two relative newcomers.
Now I'd be far more accepting of this if it weren't for the fact that meanwhile other teams will absolutely be rocking multiple players with stat cards indicating that they've been pulling all nighters with this game.
To say you feel kinda fucked in this event feels like an understatement, certainly doesn't do any favours for the newer players either, I ain't hard carry material!
---

Otherwise the rest of my Apex experience today...

I'll get that Pathfinder win eventually.

Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?

Guedezilla

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about taking up the advice offered earlier and spending an hour or so just dropping somewhere busy to get myself used to engagements. Just with there was some other way to do it without screwing over the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.