• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The Always Be Closing mode, hmmm...you need a lot of luck/good fortune to win in this mode. When the circle is small and there are still 10 squads remaining, it gets impossible for me to keep track of everything that's going on. Also, I was expecting the circle to scale in damage as it gets closer, but I thought wrong. That thing hits hard from the get go.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always Be Closing is a fucking riot.

It's Apex distilled into complete multi squad fast paced chaos. It was a lot of fun and good training. The closest we came to winning we ended up losing because a Wraith ended up tanking the FINAL circle but jumping between portals while I took damage.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Always be closing is great. Averaging around 10 kills a game and frequently get top 5 finishes. Least favorite things about BRs is the looting phase and mid game and this does away with most of that.

First game I played my teammates disconnected early on and I ended up winning in the zone with a revive shield.

If they bring this back I'd love to see some health on kills as it gets REALLY hectic towards the end.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
2nd ABC game we got a lucky spot on the map near refinery. Ring had a large rock that backed up to the edge of the map so we were able to pick off people and get cover while people rushed in from the ring.

We took turns doing third party business to the fights that were breaking out long range. Would recommend, easy win. Have gotten 2nd or 3rd a few times after that but I really enjoy how frantic it is.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy aggressive for sure. I was 1v3 situation playing as Gibralter (would have died if it wasn't him I was playing with), and fought so hard because all three of them had gold knockdowns (they landed train) and were reviving themselves as I was occupying myself with the next person in the squad. My teammates still left after I finally won though. :(

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Got a couple wins in Always Be Closing yesterday after not playing much of Season 3. Really enjoyed the push and pull of when to trying to stay in cover, vs having position in the final circle. I have to give Respawn big time kudos for Grand Soiree, it's really gotten me back into the game. Is there a discord for Apex on ResetEra? I'm new to PC and would love some people to play with at night.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
put me down for not sure about this ltm largely because the sbmm keeps putting me in lobbies where every person looks to be several skill levels above me and i'm getting stomped on in every which way possible. i think i've just had 5 games in a row where i've landed and died within the first minute or so of moving around, not helped by the completely scuffed loot distribution.

edit: make that 6, man screw this game sometimes

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
put me down for not sure about this ltm largely because the sbmm keeps putting me in lobbies where every person looks to be several skill levels above me and i'm getting stomped on in every which way possible. i think i've just had 5 games in a row where i've landed and died within the first minute or so of moving around, not helped by the completely scuffed loot distribution.

my best games are when I'm not cluster fucked among other teams. There are gamers who actually find pleasure in hitting crowded area and potentially dying so quickly. Maybe I can blame the battle pass challenges for that, who knows?

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
but then you have someone screaming why the fuck are you running away. Come on man; you landed in a hot zone and died immediately... what did you expect?

Yeah, that's a thing that happens. I'll ping like hell to at least suggest OUTSIDE of the melee, alternatively I try to queue with at least one other person and hope our rando isn't brain dead.

Spoiler: They usually are.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I just want one game.....just one where my team mates don't die to the circle in ABC. Every single game without fail they'll die being loot greedy idiots.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate these grind challenges like skydiving in Live.die.live and now sprinting in this one. Takes a lot of play time and there's no real way to just do them fast.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Scouts are disgusting man. They're like Charge Rifle (when it was first introduced) tier of annoying now. Armed and Dangerous is gonna be a nightmare, lol.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be the new character the halloween event teased right?

Or they will pull a fortnite and put a mech (titan) on the map lol

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm going to be honest, it worries me everytime Respawn drop an update. They have a habit of breaking something everytime. Whoever then next character is, let's hope they're not OP or hilariously useless.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So, I'm more than halfway done with the last level of Platinum (the one between Platinum 1 & Diamond) so it's safe to say I'll... probably reach Diamond this season? I guess I mostly needed to get the hell out of Plat4 in order to finally find competent random teammates. Honestly Plat4 was a hell to get out of on solo ranked, but having a friend I can rely on and play a lot of ranked with actually helped a lot. Still hilarious when we happen to be teamed with 2x 20 kill badges and 4k damages players who are too good to even follow our jumping instructions, get downed in the 1st minute of the game 300m away from us, and quit the game immediately. Not surprised to see those kind of "pro-players" stuck in Platinum if that's how they play the goddamn game in ranked.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be honest, it worries me everytime Respawn drop an update. They have a habit of breaking something everytime. Whoever then next character is, let's hope they're not OP or hilariously useless.
Crypto & Wattson aren't all that good to me tbh. Unless you're playing ranked with Wattson, which it then makes sense. Let's see how Revenant stacks up.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part of the issue is character strength varies wildly depending on rank.

I thought Wattson was just a shittier Caustic until you realize how good she is in high ranks.

I have no clue if anyone has found a decent use for Crypto lol.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Halfway through the event and my ranking of the ltms is Always Be Closing > Live Die Live > Golden Duos > Third Person

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
For the 7000 meters I grouped with 2 friends, dropped as far away as we could and just ran.

4 games and we were done.

Third Person > ABC > GRD > Live Die Live

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Third Person > Gold Rush Duos > Always Be Closing > Live Die Live

Personally I have one person who I play this game with OFTEN so gold rush duos was fantastic for us. Also it forced me to finally put some Kraber time in and it was very gratifying.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So I made it to Diamond, finally!
With a game in which I was without any teammates, which forced me to go absolute stealth (it's ok, I love going stealth). And I still managed to get the final win despite it all, which was hilarious to me. Patience is the ultimate queen. I luckily found a Mastiff along the way, which helped plenty. Joke's on them for leaving it on that care package, huhu. I know it's not extremely interesting to watch me do stealth, there was initially 13 minutes of me being solo after my only teammate died and quit, so I trimmed it down to the most interesting part. But let me tell you, people were everywhere, and I had to bounce and run all the time, and try to anticipate which way would be less traveled for 6 whole minutes before the beginning of this video. I like that, it's fun to me too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd pay an obscene amount of apex coins for a Halo 2 BR style scope with zero screen blockage from ADS/weapons geometry and just a crosshair. Hell I'd pay good money in any FPS for that. So many times I die because I lose my aiming due to enemies blocked from view of my own weapon/ADS.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
So I made it to Diamond, finally!
With a game in which I was without any teammates, which forced me to go absolute stealth (it's ok, I love going stealth). And I still managed to get the final win despite it all, which was hilarious to me. Patience is the ultimate queen. I luckily found a Mastiff along the way, which helped plenty. Joke's on them for leaving it on that care package, huhu. I know it's not extremely interesting to watch me do stealth, there was initially 13 minutes of me being solo after my only teammate died and quit, so I trimmed it down to the most interesting part. But let me tell you, people were everywhere, and I had to bounce and run all the time, and try to anticipate which way would be less traveled for 6 whole minutes before the beginning of this video. I like that, it's fun to me too.

Congrats ! Solo wins are exhilarating. Hope they bring back solo mode at some point.

Haven't posted here in a while. My monitor died a few weeks ago and I'm stuck with an old 22" 720p TV with over 50ms input lag until further notice, so that means no more Apex until I gather enough money to get a new one.
And to be honest, I don't miss it. While I love the gameplay and think I had a lot of fun, the game also made me unreasonably stressed out and angry.

I don't know if I'll go back to it. I'm tempted to play some games on my SO's TV before the season ends since I was getting so close to Predator rank (midway through Diamond 2 before I stopped), but I'm afraid if I lose some points I'll just get angry again. Ugh.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I personally hated third person. In my experience I was coming across corner campers regularly and I didn't like the aiming system.

Live,die,live was my personal favourite. As someone who plays solo regularly, it at least gave me a chance of a comeback, which is super rare when playing solo. Also, I found there were much less quitters in this game mode. In one of the games I played with a random team we managed 34 kills between us, which was a personal best.

Edit:this game hates me so much. Jumped on the train and opened 2 bins. First bin 1 grey helmet, nothing else, second bin....1 shotgun bolt. Obviously I was melted by a guy who picked up a golden body shield and a gold Eva.

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I personally hated third person. In my experience I was coming across corner campers regularly and I didn't like the aiming system.

Live,die,live was my personal favourite. As someone who plays solo regularly, it at least gave me a chance of a comeback, which is super rare when playing solo. Also, I found there were much less quitters in this game mode. In one of the games I played with a random team we managed 34 kills between us, which was a personal best.

Edit:this game hates me so much. Jumped on the train and opened 2 bins. First bin 1 grey helmet, nothing else, second bin....1 shotgun bolt. Obviously I was melted by a guy who picked up a golden body shield and a gold Eva.
Gotta pray to RNGesus before every match mahn.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Third person was a blast. Took a long time getting used to the new perspective plus figuring out which scopes worked for me. But I had a great time and collected about a dozen wins, so not bad at all. Barely played Live, Die, Live, but didn't think it was very special. Now Always be Closing is absolutely exhilarating, every match is basically super intense, filled with firefights I haven't seen since seasons 1 and 2. I've somehow won most of the games I've played in the mode, which is much higher than my 20% winrate this season. I'm truly sad to see it go.

But go it must, and Armed and Dangerous was a blast to play before and it'll probably be again, even though I might just as well run two G7s and call it a day. Bring 'em!

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Pretty sad that y'all didn't really liked Gold Rush Duos, I think it was my favorite mode of all. Then Third-Person, followed with Live Die Live & Always Be Closing, that didn't impress me much to be honest (the both of them). Right now I'm getting real excited for Armed & Dangerous & Kings Canyon returning!

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sad that y'all didn't really liked Gold Rush Duos, I think it was my favorite mode of all. Then Third-Person, followed with Live Die Live & Always Be Closing, that didn't impress me much to be honest (the both of them). Right now I'm getting real excited for Armed & Dangerous & Kings Canyon returning!
Thing is, the one guy I normally play with (my brother) his PS4 hard drive failed about 5 days ago, and he's waiting to get some money to have it fixed. So I didn't have my bro to play with, which would have made the mode much more fun for me. Also, I suuuuuucccckkkk with the Kraber. I cannot hit shots with it for the life of me. It was just a Kraber and Mastiff fest. Getting downed in 1 or 2 shots just isn't that fun IMO.

EDIT: Armed & Dangerous I very much enjoyed in King's Canyon, although I'm weary of it in this iteration because I think everyone is just gonna run G7s...which is cancer at the moment.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Thing is, the one guy I normally play with (my brother) his PS4 hard drive failed about 5 days ago, and he's waiting to get some money to have it fixed. So I didn't have my bro to play with, which would have made the mode much more fun for me. Also, I suuuuuucccckkkk with the Kraber. I cannot hit shots with it for the life of me. It was just a Kraber and Mastiff fest. Getting downed in 1 or 2 shots just isn't that fun IMO.

I think that's precisely why I like it. Well, except that I suck at the Kraber as well, but I was maining Triple Take instead, and I sure have annoyed a ton of people with it, it's pretty satisfying being a little pest from 150m away. Boy you're not gonna enjoy Armed and Dangerous then, cause it's pretty much the same (without Kraber & Mastiff) except you only have a white body shield. Better learn to evade those longbow shots then, cause they're really gonna down you in one shot only!

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I think that's precisely why I like it. Well, except that I suck at the Kraber as well, but I was maining Triple Take instead, and I sure have annoyed a ton of people with it, it's pretty satisfying being a little pest from 150m away. Boy you're not gonna enjoy Armed and Dangerous then, cause it's pretty much the same (without Kraber & Mastiff) except you only have a white body shield. Better learn to evade those longbow shots then, cause they're really gonna down you in one shot only!
Actually the King's Canyon Armed & Dangerous had Krabers and Mastiffs in the bins too lol. I hope they bring back Gold Peacekeepers for this mode, but somehow I doubt it. I plan to be annoying with the Charge Rifle lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.