• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 30, 2018
Saw this while scrolling on Facebook...

dUjge6w.png

Would you watch it?
Also why is this being made?

https://sites.google.com/view/mcusuper-movie

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is something I'd put on in the background for a couple days while I did chores around the house.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You kind of buried the lede about this being some kind of Christian family friendly thing lmao

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Safe for the whole family? Guess no gay or black people or women talking back to men then knowing these types.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Fun idea, but the "family friendly" crap immediately makes me disinterested.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Turning the MCU into safe christian entertainment for the whole family. lol.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
as somebody who saw like 3 or 4 of the movies and skipped straight to Infinity War/Endgame i'd like something like that (minus the derpy stuff this guy's up to). will probably have to wait like 10 years before somebody makes a decent cut though

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
"Mysticism" being removed.

So, I guess he's just straight up skipping Dr. Strange?
Q; You're going to have to clarify the whole "mysticism" thing. What about Scarlet Witch, Dr Strange, the Asguardians, and Wakandan deities?

A: There is no Scarlet Witch in the MCU. There is a Wanda Maximoff. Dr Strange (film) is not included in the project. He first appears in Infinity War. This was acceptable because he gives Tony Stark a clear introduction and even cites the purpose for his heroism, to "protect their reality." With norse deities, there is a huge canonical issue in the MCU surrounding the Asguardians. In Thor, it is indicated twice that the Asguardians received their "deity" label by primitive humans who would have worshiped them as gods in response to their power. In Thor: The Dark World, Odin emphatically and categorically says to Loki, "We are not gods." In Thor: Ragnarok, these pieces of information are completely ignored and without explanation, the Asguardians, including Odin, are now referring to themselves and each other as gods. Such canonical errors were addressed in the Super-Movie by removing all of the self-references to deity made by the Asguardians to keep consistent with the story lines in Thor 1 & 2. Appearances by and mentions of Wakandan deities have been removed entirely.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Do they remove every instance of Thor being mentioned as a god?

Edit. Welp. Question answered.

"Safe for families" is usually just code for religious fundamentalists. But I always wonder why they watch these movies in the first place.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Q; You're going to have to clarify the whole "mysticism" thing. What about Scarlet Witch, Dr Strange, the Asguardians, and Wakandan deities?

A: There is no Scarlet Witch in the MCU. There is a Wanda Maximoff. Dr Strange (film) is not included in the project. He first appears in Infinity War. This was acceptable because he gives Tony Stark a clear introduction and even cites the purpose for his heroism, to "protect their reality." With norse deities, there is a huge canonical issue in the MCU surrounding the Asguardians. In Thor, it is indicated twice that the Asguardians received their "deity" label by primitive humans who would have worshiped them as gods in response to their power. In Thor: The Dark World, Odin emphatically and categorically says to Loki, "We are not gods." In Thor: Ragnarok, these pieces of information are completely ignored and without explanation, the Asguardians, including Odin, are now referring to themselves and each other as gods. Such canonical errors were addressed in the Super-Movie by removing all of the self-references to deity made by the Asguardians to keep consistent with the story lines in Thor 1 & 2. Appearances by and mentions of Wakandan deities have been removed entirely.

It's "Asgardians" and they have provided as much concrete proof as the one you're comparing them to.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I mean I guess you could remove the Jackson Pollack joke from Guardians... but I don't think younger viewers are going to understand in the first place.

Trying to think of any other risque things and coming up blank.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Safe for the family? What bullshit is this? Is this done by some 70 years old christian grandpa who is shocked when he hear "Jesus Christ!" or "Goddamn"?

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
If it was just straight edited together, sure

Not this bullshit this guy is doing though.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
So this shit is straight garbage, then.

Sounds like some attempt to fuck everything up by an Evangelist.