• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
According to Reddit you need to grind few hours to get Joker, there is no new story at all and you are doing same 3 mission types you did before just in reskined environment that matches Joker theme.

People on Reddit are kinda pissed.

Barm

Jan 23, 2018
Should probably mention this is in reference to the release of Season 1 content.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Well yeah what did people expect? It's all about the costume grind for Suicide Squad.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty bad. I figured there'd actually be story missions considering we'd seen new cutscenes.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah what did people expect? It's all about the costume grind for Suicide Squad.
I mean, doesn't the end of the game literally set up a postgame campaign where the suicide squad has to kill other brainiacs across the multiverse? I feel like people expected the thing that the end of the game literally tells you is going to happen.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Will this even see past a season 2 at this point? I can't imagine they will keep working on this for long

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
You're actually joking, right? What happened to the post-launch story that the datamines and Miller alluded to? Don't tell me we'll have to wait for Season 2 all the way in July for that???

It's bold of you to assume development will still be ongoing by then. The game has bombed badly and I'd be very, very surprised if WB or Rocksteady are willing to invest much, if any more time or money into it. There's just no path to making it profitable.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Rocksteady already set low standards for post launch support with Arkham City and Arkham Knight so it makes sense that this would be worse due to how it sold.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
These types of games live or die on whether the grind is satisfying enough. You just can't produce quality content that quickly.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
One mission locked behind hours of grinding and it's just a reskinned Green Lantern boss fight. I'm honestly stunned. You'd think delaying the game by an entire year, you'd have a decent content pipeline to keep the game going after its tepid launch but apparently not.

Reading some comments on Reddit, the one thing motivating people to stick with the game is the promise of more story and that's just not a thing? Okay...

It's bold of you to assume development will still be ongoing by then. The game has bombed badly and I'd be very, very surprised if WB or Rocksteady are willing to invest much, if any more time or money into it. There's just no path to making it profitable.
I honestly thought they'd get all four seasons out the door before calling it quits but with how weak this initial season is, I'm really starting to doubt that.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been an exposè about what happened at Rocksteady because it really seems like Suicide Squad is like Anthem and cobbled together at the last minute.

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
One mission locked behind hours of grinding and it's just a reskinned Green Lantern boss fight. I'm honestly stunned. You'd think delaying the game by an entire year, you'd have a decent content pipeline to keep the game going after its tepid launch but apparently not.

Yeah, as much as I do feel for the regular devs at Rocksteady, this really is not how you compete for gamer attention for your GAAS.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
3K peak players CCU on Steam today and #294 in the Steam top sellers. And this is the first season

Brutal

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why people continue to torment themselves by wasting their free time on this trainwreck of a game

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, as much as I do feel for the regular devs at Rocksteady, this really is not how you compete for gamer attention for your GAAS.
I hope this trend of putting a talented studio known for single-player games on a GaaS project they're woefully unprepared to support dies with this game. It happened to Crystal Dynamics + Eidos and now it's happening again.

I just don't believe a studio as small as Rocksteady can compete with the likes of Respawn, Bungie, Riot and Epic when it comes to pumping out seasonal content. Why even bother competing with juggernauts like that?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they delay the game a whole year so they would have lots of content ready for post launch support? How is their first season so barebones?

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

Reading some comments on Reddit, the one thing motivating people to stick with the game is the promise of more story and that's just not a thing? Okay...

I honestly thought they'd get all four seasons out the door before calling it quits but with how weak this initial season is, I'm really starting to doubt that.

The fact that reskinning the JL bosses is like the main thing they want to do with brainiac is so weird

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, didn't they show off Joker cutscenes in previous promotional footage? Are those just not in the game?

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Has there been an exposè about what happened at Rocksteady because it really seems like Suicide Squad is like Anthem and cobbled together at the last minute.

No expose yet, they usually come out months/years later. At launch, Schrier put out a piece, stating that this game was in dev for seven full years--and before it, Rocksteady was working on a multiplayer shooter in a new, original IP (suspicion is they just filed the serial numbers off it and put on greasepaint and shark skin).

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah, I saw the roadmap advertising the new bosses of Brainiac: Green Lantern variant and Brainiac: Superman variant, following the main campaign's Brainiac: Flash variant.

I get it, making new bosses is hard and takes a lot of time! But come on, did they really think this was gonna get people hyped?

Entropic

Banned
May 7, 2023
arrested-development-netflix-arrested-development.gif

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
You're actually joking, right? What happened to the post-launch story that the datamines and Miller alluded to? Don't tell me we'll have to wait for Season 2 all the way in July for that???

I think this was always intended. Very likely, one of the big points of "multiverse" Brainiacs rather than just Brainiac having bases in other parts of the world is that they wouldn't need to make completely new locations, just dress up Metropolis.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
That sucks, will probably still load it up later.

The main game is actually pretty fun.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Dead in the water, just like Avengers. You can only repeat the same missions in the same environments against the same enemies so many times. Particularly if those aren't very interesting to begin with, in Avengers' case.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I checked out when I saw the motion comics :/ Can't see myself pushing through the grind if that's how the post-launch story is gonna be delivered