Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is there an idiot proof, easy way of getting on iOS13 and TVOS13 now or should I just wait? I'm excited to try Arcade.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit of Oceanhorn 2 on my iPad Air 2 running iOS 13.1 PB3. It runs fine (some hiccups here and there) and looks quite a bit blurry, but this device is basically the lower end of Apple Arcade-enabled devices, so that's to be expected. About the service: it feels so weird, as I was very hyped for thursday, but it's suddenly here! So many games to choose from, I can't even begin choosing. Shame the devs didn't know about this, though; bad move on Apple's part, as first impressions mean a lot.

edit: What the Golf? is already a favorite. So charming!

Wait... Rayman is up? Shantae is up? Sayonara is up? Goddaaaaaamn, so much to choose from!

edit 2: Hot Lava is super fun. Basically a simplified Mirror's Edge, at least for now. Pro tip: R1/RB also jumps! Now, if only if it didn't look like absolute shit on the poor iPad Air 2 :lol

Last edited:

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Downloaded a few games and then midway through playing them I realized how much I hate touch screen controls.

Games that are designed around phone interaction are neat though. What the Golf is a real standout, for example.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on kids content? It seems like a no brainier subscription for young children but I have only seen maybe 3 games suitable for them.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So if i wanted to have an ipad devoted to just playing Apple Arcade w/Bluetooth control as a separate gaming console, would the Pro run games better than the current Air?

I have a 4-5 year old Air 2 which is probably too old for this stuff so thinking about getting a new one to play these games.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if i wanted to have an ipad devoted to just playing Apple Arcade w/Bluetooth control as a separate gaming console, would the Pro run games better than the current Air?

I have a 4-5 year old Air 2 which is probably too old for this stuff so thinking about getting a new one to play these games.

The Pro has a notably more powerful GPU than the current Air, yes. If you want a Pro, I'd probably wait a month or so as there's a good possibility that Apple will announce new Pros soon.

That said, the current Air with an A12 is more than capable of running any of these games very well.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I've only tried Mini Motorways and Sayonara Wild Hearts so far, both were pretty cool. Sayonara Wild Hearts is gorgeous.

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
Sayonara Wild Hearts is legit good, holy shit.
Just beat the
Wolf boss. Didn't expect a first person shooting sequence.
Wonder what other surprises the game have in store.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
there's so much here. gonna start digging in soon.

Had no idea Neo Cab was launching on this. Been waiting for that one for a bit.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Is Rayman Mini an auto-runner like Rayman Adventures or a proper platformer? I can't really tell from the trailer

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, Shantae is an incredible looking game on this XS Max screen.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Shantae 5's off to a good start, and controls surprisingly well with touchscreen controls (though obviously a controller would be preferable).

Patterned is also pretty neat.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It's a runner. But it seems a little more involved from what I remember of Rayman Adventures. A little more complex but still an auto-runner.
Meh. I enjoyed Rayman Adventures enough for a mobile game, but I'm definitely less upset that it's Apple Arcade exclusive. Still would like to try it on Android eventually, Ubisoft! I'm starving for new Rayman content.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't wait and installed the iPadOS 13 beta, and damn Shantae is already there?!

When you start the game it says that it's "Part 1" and that Part 2 will be added in a free update later, so it's not the entire game. I'm guessing they really wanted to get it front and center for the Arcade launch.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if it's gojng to be easy to play on 11 Pro. I should have gotten the Max but whatever, expensive

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Every one that I've opened gives me the "Welcome back XX" GameCenter notification… and the ones I've played (Exit the Gungeon, Oceanhorn 2 and Sayonara Wild Hearts) all sync progress between iPhone and iPad.
Thanks! Hope there's some sort of mandate for all Apple Arcade games to offer this.

Mar 3, 2018
Playing Pinball Wizard right now and having fun. Perfect game during breaks and commuting.

I hope there will be some adventure games in this.

gonna wait until this is officially released to try Sayonara wild hearts game.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
What the Golf is great, looks like there's a lot of content for redoing the levels to get crowns

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
Wow I am surprised by the quality of some of those games. Exit the Gungeon, Shantae and Bleak Sword got me hooked.

And a lot more interesting looking stuff I have to try out, like Over the Alps and Pinball Wizard. This is a really solid launch.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I did the beta update! Arcade seems great. Freaking weird connecting a game pad to my iOS devices after so long not being allowed to.

Sat and played Sayonara with an Xbox One controller. Awesome.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assemble with Care is so relaxing and charming.

Imagine the Room for the controls, but you are just doing ultra simple fixes on various household things with a short little story about relationships and family.

Only took about an hour to get through. It's the monument valley people I think.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, I came across the Super Mario/Donkey Kong parody in What the Golf and I expect more surprises.
5€ per month for stuff like that is pretty good value.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017

Buy a mini with one of these bad boys, and you'll basically have a Switch XL.

Nov 3, 2017
First impressions are really good. There was no problem with signing up for the free trial and I got instant access to the games.

The catalogue itself looks really promising and I'm excited to dig in! That being said, I am surprised that there's no way to sort the games by genre yet. Hopefully that comes in a future update soon.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Any clip or anything you guys would recommend for me? Playing on iphone XR with an xbox controller and idk if I should buy a clip or a stand for my phone but I'm really enjoying this!

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Only weird thing I've encountered so far is in Shantae. I had a situation where the frame rate ranked temporarily and then went super ridiculously fast for a few moments before normalizing.

On an iphone max xs

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
No, you're not. They did the same with News+: if you cancel your trial, you lose access then and there

Apple Music is now the same way, option to turn off Auto renew has been removed, and if you cancel during a free trial, even if you have several weeks/month left of trial, you will lose access immedietly when you click cancel.

Deleted member 39353

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
You're going to start hearing people talk about it when the game is released I'm sure but Sayonara Wild Hearts is absolutely fucking incredible. Was instantly captivated from the first trailer from the Nintendo direct or whenever it was but just played through the whole thing today. Good god. Absolutely amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.