BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you just said, "Guess which company is selling wheels for a computer starting at $699," then everyone would've guessed it was Apple. That's why I've never bought an Apple product. It's a closed system and once you're in it, they bend you over repeatedly.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Is some 3rd party company allowed to just start selling their own Mac Pro wheels for like $50 or does Apple have the legal standing to prevent that?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point they just want to milk stupid people. It's a business that always has customers, that's for sure.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why anyone would buy this, wouldn't you just mount or place the cmoputer on a cart if you were using it in a mobile configuration anyway?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whoever decided this was a good idea should be marched naked through the Bay Area and be pelted by the people with cheap office chair wheels.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pr7jjfrvWY1toamj8o1_400.gifv

Oct 25, 2017
If you just said, "Guess which company is selling wheels for a computer starting at $699," then everyone would've guessed it was Apple. That's why I've never bought an Apple product. It's a closed system and once you're in it, they bend you over repeatedly.

Yup. Felt this way since the 90's. It's hard for me to not immediately think of apple fans as total suckers, but I try really hard.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

The wheels on the Mac go round and round
Round and round
Round and round
The wheels on the Mac go round and round
All through the town

Your credit card go swipe, swipe, swipe
Swipe, swipe, swipe
Swipe, swipe, swipe
Your credit card go swipe, swipe, swipe
All through the Apple store

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
You guys are missing the big pictures. If you roll it down a hill this will make your mac move faster than any pc.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I'm one lol.

I'd never buy this computer. No need. Way overkill.
Haha fair enough. I'm actually responding to you on an iPhone, so I'm not anti-Apple or anything. I always think of one particular person when I think of Apple "diehards", and it's my former coworkers dad who bought literally anything and everything he could get his hands on that was Apple. I could see him grabbing this wheel set because .. hey, new Apple stuff.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed they aren't selling ice skates too. How am I supposed to bring my Mac pro with me when I go ice fishing?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Haha fair enough. I'm actually responding to you on an iPhone, so I'm not anti-Apple or anything. I always think of one particular person when I think of Apple "diehards", and it's my former coworkers dad who bought literally anything and everything he could get his hands on that was Apple. I could see him grabbing this wheel set because .. hey, new Apple stuff.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love a modular desktop that was most consumer-focused. But Apple went mega high end with the MacPros this time. My iMac is fine for now.

No locks is some seriously poor design.

No idea who the target audience is for this, but yeah, it's essentially an upgrade on a luxury good.

Seems like they're trying to emulate luxury car manufacturers upgrade options and other luxury goods pricing.

I guess the only explanation as to why is simply that some people must be buying them?

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, even without considering the costs, no locks seem kind of bad for wheels you'll mount on a fairly expensive computer?

At that point it doesn't really matter if they cost 6.99 or 699.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No locks is some seriously poor design.

No idea who the target audience is for this, but yeah, it's essentially an upgrade on a luxury good.

Seems like they're trying to emulate luxury car manufacturers upgrade options and other luxury goods pricing.

I guess the only explanation as to why is simply that some people must be buying them?

OK so you're using it seriously - rendering perhaps - but not seriously enough to buy a more powerful bank of multiple arrayed PCs for a fraction of the price need to move them frequently enough to need wheels - then you need locking castors - like - if a USB cable is knocked loose it can be serious loss of work.

OK so you don't need them practically but you are one of four agencies in LA who wants the three people who would even notice to see how ritzy your reception is - then you want feet anyway not wheels.

Who are these for?

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate it when people call all of their things overpriced without any critical thinking but sometimes, it's just a fucking joke what they are trying to sell you at a certain price.