• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching the first one one with my family when I was like 10, but I don't remember anything about it and I don't even know if I liked it or not. Also should I watch the extended version or the theatrical version?

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
They are. Extended Edition.

I'm not a fan of everything they did with them, but they are pretty damn great movies, just saw the Extended Editions in theaters. Highly recommend if you ever get a chance.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Watch the extended, and yes they're still worth watching. Always.

phaonaut

Oct 25, 2017
Watch the extended versions and get like 12 hours out of them. Its a nice way to spend a slow weekend.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Extended trilogy is like 12 hours long though so I hope you have the patience and time. lol.

But yes, very much worth watching still.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No, this is highly lauded, revered and award-winning film series is not worth watching at all.

Deleted member 4179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me, the theatrical cut of Fellowship is pretty much a perfect movie. Everything else is kinda meh on rewatch. Give it a shot though.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Yes.

But, can't wait for that first person to come in and say no. Hell we've had such threads in the last year since this forum started

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Yes they are still one of the seminal works of modern genre film and amoung the rare modern films to be very popular and win a lot of oscars

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It's one of the most "even" trilogies out there in terms of overall quality from one film to the next, so yes. And, as others have said, watch the extended editions. Be kind to yourself and do it over a few days, don't marathon them in one.

less

Oct 25, 2017
The LOTR trilogy is one of the finest film franchises and is easily a contender for the best fantasy film(s) so it absolutely is worth watching.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Return of the King is the best experience I've ever had in a theatre. It's transcendent.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely. They are amazing films and the payoff at the end of RotK is pretty great after an amazing adventure.