• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you?

• Yeah

Votes: 283 35.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 347 43.3%
  • Used to be

Votes: 172 21.4%

• Total voters

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
I was a huge Xbox fanboy back in the day, but nowadays I couldn't care less. Only games matter to me, not the hardware or a manufacturer. Just like Jesus Christ taught us.

Being a fanboy and shilling for a company with such energy and ferociousness is not even bad, it's simply sad. Or a pretty neat job if you work in the PR department.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not only did you not leave an option but no one here will admit to currently being a fanboy.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah when I was 12 and stanned Sega

Nowadays if you're working and can afford to buy your own stuff there is no need to be.

This gen like last I have all three consoles and only care about games that interest me.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I'm an anti-fanboy fanboy. There are too many good games across all platforms and across all studios to miss things because of allegiances. I let my preferences drive my purchasing decisions. I do shake my head at people who blindly fall deep into fanboy biases though.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm generally positive and excited for entertainment in general but I don't wave any flags

Capricorn

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to think that I'm a benign Nintendo fanboy, which means that I love their games and I'm a bit more forgiving and understanding of their fuckups than most, but I don't feel the need to defend them or to attack people that perfer other kinds of games and I can still be critical about some things like their terrible online or some puzzling hardware decisions.

I just really like their output.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
1v0kjc.png

A356jiI.gif

Trey for life

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
For years, I used to be a huuuuge Nintendo fanboy. Until the PS2 era. But then, I grew out of it.

I will defend the honor of the N64 forever tho

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be a FIFA fanboy up until FIFA 11 then the atrocious FIFA 12 happened and I haven't bought a single FIFA game ever since. Now I despise EA and the series.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I consider myself a pretty big nintendo fan but I'm far from a fanboy.

I buy all the consoles when I feel they are worth buying and play games that are fun. Simple as.

Dec 2, 2017
I have a journal entry I made in 2008 when I was 15, when I described myself as a Sony loyalist and said I'd never cross no mans land over to xbox and im still cringing with embarrassment from that.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I used to be a PlayStation fanboy, but that was during my early teen years and since then I grew out of that childish mindset.

PlayStation is still my preference, but I love the games that Nintendo and Microsoft release, and I think the Switch and Xbox One X are excellent systems.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
I loved Nintendo as a child (N64 era), now I love Sony PlayStation and I'm a fan of Xbox (except Major Nelson, he sucks)