• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 23, 2017
I've always had an interest in Archeage, but never bothered to play it because of all the Pay 2 Win talk I heard about it.

Supposedly it's quite good, and a lot of people seem excited for this version of the game. Even I'm excited for it, as it seems like something I would like to play.

I'm hoping someone here on ERA has played it and could tell me about it.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I preordered just to see. I'm not exactly hyped for it since it's so heavy PVP but we'll see, I guess.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
nope dont trust archeage anymore. they said last time it would have no p2w and it ended up having it

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Not at all. People were excited last time and the only thing to really get me to try it again, is going to be launch reviews.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Not exactly excited, but I'm keeping my eyes on it. The awful monetization was one of the major things that brought the game down under Trion.

I made it to the endgame and have a few spots of land at launch. It's an amazing world to explore, and I just love doing trading routes.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
didn't the devs abandon the first one after making it pay 2 win?

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the graphical updates they showed off for some of the areas. I might give it a look when it releases

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I burned $50 before the original release, so I'll be damned if I preorder anything related to this game ever again.

That said, I'm interested, absolutely. My expectations are low though.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
I played a bit of the Archeage PTS and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed.

It's like if Guild Wars 2 and Tera Online had a baby.

The PTS doesn't have the graphics overhaul yet (I think) but I already thought the game looked beautful. Not to mention, the soundtrack really surprised me as
well.

EDIT: Apparently it does have the graphics overhaul.

The game looked pretty cozy, but the music was cozy too!

Last edited:

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Had no idea this was a thing. Was interested in the original, but the p2w stuff kept me away. Looks great!

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
I still haven't decided what kind of class I want to be. I'm pretty overwhelmed by all the skillset combinations you can do, but I suppose I'll be doing something with Battlerage.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't decided what kind of class I want to be. I'm pretty overwhelmed by all the skillset combinations you can do, but I suppose I'll be doing something with Battlerage.
I actually really looking forward to the potential combos. I live for class-building. Very interested in the three skillset setup since it's similar to something I am designing for a tabletop rpg.

Of course, I will probably spend hours making my decision lol.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Had to stop myself playing on the PTS because I haven't had this much fun playing an MMORPG in years. Riding a horse in that Nuia starter area was really atmospheric -- love the city architecture/design. Preordered and in for character reservation tomorrow.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Had to stop myself playing on the PTS because I haven't had this much fun playing an MMORPG in years. Riding a horse in that Nuia starter area was really atmospheric -- love the city architecture/design. Preordered and in for character reservation tomorrow.

Yeah, I was in the process of building my house in Halcyona but had no idea where to get logs to make a Lumber Pack.

I hear finding trees outside in the world is pretty difficult because most trees are owned by someone or have already been chopped. I'll probably have to grow and chop my own trees.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked the original I played with a VPN but Trion ruined Rift and the local ArcheAge so gave up quickly.

Is this no longer Trion? Interesting.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I had no idea a buy-to-play version was even a thing. Always thought the original had potential and then they went and ruined it.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I survived the absolute cluster of Trion's original Archeage launch.
I dunno if I want to go through that again.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Screenshots pls.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
This looks...pretty fun! Going to be in the market for a new mmo until PSO2 hits. Wonder how robust the pve content is going to be? I don't really do pvp anymore

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017

I have a few myself from the PTS, nothing fancy but shows a few cool areas.

AAU.png
AAU2.png

AAU3.png

AAU4.png

AAU5.png

AAU6.png

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember I really wanted to like this cause it had a lot of cool sandboxy stuff but then it sucked. So I'll keep my eye out, if the reviews are good I'll give it a spin.

Do you have any links to impressions OP?

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't aware of this being a thing. I don't think I'm ready for another go of Archage with all its quirks, good and bad. I'm not hardcore enough for that anymore.

On the other side, gliding into the ocean and sailing into the horizon is something I would love to do again.

Even just chopping down some trees.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Played archeage way back when and it was fun but shit happened and I dropped it.

Can anyone give me a quick summary of what's supposed to be different with unchained? Or is it just like a relaunch/renaming thing

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I learned about this today and I'm kinda tempted to try it out again.

Anyone from EU jumping in ?

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Hmm, I hear people are going to rush for land. I imagine those stone and lumber nodes are going to be contested on a daily basis.

I would like a house too, but I think I will just focus on having fun, exploring and hopefully reach the open seas. :)

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Was very interested in the game back before the original version released. Not sure why but I never got into playing it. I did give the PTS a try a few days ago and it hocked me instantly. Very hyped to give the game a go, bought the cheapest back though just in case they screw it up again.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So this is still primarily for PvP players right? Not much in the way of pure PvE endgame?

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Any hype launch? Know EU servers are JAM packed right now -- US is up in a couple hours.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Working today, will try logging on later tonight. Haven't decided on a class or a server to play on. This should be a nice break from the Destiny grind for a bit

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know it existed. Will have to check it out. Black desert disappointed me

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
All the WoW Classic news gave me that MMO itch, so in the last month or so I've ran through the FFXIV free trial up to 35 on a Warrior. I love the game's aesthetic, but it's really not a good game. In 35 levels, I didn't make one significant skill or gear decision, and 98% of the experience was fetch quests, kill 10 rats, and dialog ping-ponging. Even going from Marauder to Warrior was functionally meaningless. I know the story picks up like 180 hours from now, and I could see dungeons potentially getting interesting, but it's hard to believe that it'd be worth the trek.

Does Archeage sound like the sort of thing that might hit the spot for me? I know that it's more open-ended, but beyond that, I don't really have any idea of what the game's about.