• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I always try to grab as many of the leaves and the stem and then twist them like a knob and pull them out. And if there's dirt you wash the thoroughly ofc.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What sort of godless heathen eats the green part of the strawberry?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017

THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING! HE DOES NOT EAT THE STRAWBERRY! HE JUST GNAWS ON IT A LITTLE!

Gah, the amount of times he puts the strawberry in his mouth and doesn't swallow... It's like that gif of the truck that's about to slam into a thing but never quite makes it.
Eat the skin of the Kiwi you don't kno what you're missing
I've eaten two kiwifruits in my life, both within the past week (they came in a random fruit box). I ate them with the skin on.

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
Eat them if you want, they are hardly offensive to the palette and it's less clean up for later.

But definitely wash them thoroughly. Surprised at how picky some people are with food here. Most of us are lucky that we even get to eat fruits in the first place.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Eat them if you want, they are hardly offensive to the palette and it's less clean up for later.

But definitely wash them thoroughly. Surprised at how picky some people are with food here. Most of us are lucky that we even get to eat fruits in the first place.

Saying we don't want to eat leaves isn't picky. Like, do you go hogwild in the fall when leaves are falling off of trees, or in the spring when trees got some fresh juicy leaves to nom nom nom on? It's the same thing, they're leaves, and no one but probably some Era user is going out of their way to enjoy a tasty tree leaf.

Y'all people are wild.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, strawberry leaves aren't like kiwi skin; they aren't meant to be eaten whole with the rest of the fruit.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I just eat the whole strawberry and just leave the leaves

Is this an American thing? Cuz like, you know, fruit already has natural sugar.

Dipping them in chocolate is fine as an indulgent treat but sugar? Eeeeeek.

i used to do this as a kid, and i'm not american... it's just that when you buy these mass produced stuff, they're often less tasty and sugar helped

i don't do it anymore now that i buy more natural product directly from the farms

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Is this an American thing? Cuz like, you know, fruit already has natural sugar.

Dipping them in chocolate is fine as an indulgent treat but sugar? Eeeeeek.
British here, as an adult no but my Grandma used to sprinkle them in sugar and add Carnation stuff to it. Assume it's an older person thing, I'd eat them straight as an adult these days.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
No but sometimes if im eating strawberries in person I'll eat them whole to weird people out.

Also do this by biting into lemons. The rind balances out the tartness.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've always eaten store-bought, already-prepared, strawberry chunks and factory-produced artificial strawberry bits. I rarely eat fresh raw strawberries, because they aren't that flavorful.
You're telling me artificial strawberry bits and cut up chunks are more flavourful to you than the whole thing? Hard disagree haha!