• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you watch the Super Bowl?

• Yes

Votes: 263 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 480 64.4%

• Total voters

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I'll watch the half time show so I can make stan twitter memes about Maroon 5 sucking.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Even if I could I wouldn't. So sick of seeing the fucking Pats in it every year. If the saints had won I might be more inclined to see a bit but they did not so I don't care at all.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Not watching a bunch of overpaid people play football sorry. Good news is there's a Murder She Wrote marathon starting tomorrow morning. My hazelnut muffins and cucumber sandwiches are ready. 🙂

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I only watch real sports which is esports.

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah! Great excuse to host a party and have friends over. For those of us not super interested, or only passively interested (myself included), we'll have beer, liquor, and Smash Bros. on the side. It's gonna be great!

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Voted yes bc I'll have it on in the background. First year in a while where I'm not going to or having a party. My desire to follow football is declining year by year. This season I only watched a handful of games and a couple playoff games.

At this rate in a few years I won't even be interested enough for the Superbowl

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the halftime show if they do the Sweet Victory song.

Otherwise, no. Don't want to watch the Patriots win.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Literally the least interesting Super Bowl of my lifetime.

Brady wins, whatever, Brady wins. As usual. Again.

Rams win, whatever, Eagles did it better last year. And saying the Rams have a fanbase that could actually care is an insult to all the five year olds of the country that have a longer history with their team than people cheering for the LA Rams.

I'm completely flatline on the entire thing. It'd almost be better if like, Dallas was in there so at least I would have someone more interesting to hate than the same old Patriots. I'm looking forward to people projecting themselves onto their reasoning for ratings being down afterwards more than the game itself.

Still watching. Getting drunk , eating crap.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't watch last years. It was great to be outside on a desolate city.
But I might? Don't care much for the sport, but it doesn't burn my eyes or anything.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I'm watching for the first time in years. We don't have cable, and I never get to follow sports, but we were invited over to my brother-in-law's house for tacos, beer and football. I can't turn that down. I made a ton of salsa today to take over there. I'm gonna get drunk and set my mouth on fire with delicious tacos.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Literally the least interesting Super Bowl of my lifetime.

Brady wins, whatever, Brady wins. As usual. Again.

Rams win, whatever, Eagles did it better last year. And saying the Rams have a fanbase that could actually care is an insult to all the five year olds of the country that have a longer history with their team than people cheering for the LA Rams.

I'm completely flatline on the entire thing. It'd almost be better if like, Dallas was in there so at least I would have someone more interesting to hate than the same old Patriots. I'm looking forward to people projecting themselves onto their reasoning for ratings being down afterwards more than the game itself.

Still watching. Getting drunk , eating crap.
You have the spongebob half time thing to look forward to

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
No. The least interesting match-up in recent memory. Just give NE the trophy and be done with it.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Only for the commercials.

Fucking sick and tired of seeing the Patriots.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
1. don't own a tv
2. don't watch sports
3. don't want to watch 75 minutes of actual football and 3 hours of commercials

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but have to stream it because I dont have cable and my antenna doesnt pick up CBS.

Go Rams.

Is Maroon 5 still playing halftime? They should get a lot of shit for that.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
Yes, but it's more of an excuse to make homemade pizzas and procrastinate doing work.

Edit: Sports are cool btw, even if football is kinda shit. Not being "into sports" on the whole is weird to me, it's not like they're all the same, if you tried watching a few different ones, you'd probably find one that you enjoyed, especially if you watch with some friends.

Last edited:

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I have no doubt that the sportsball will be transported across the sportsfield many times tomorrow, and I hope fans of both sportsteams get what they want (need?) out of the sportsevent, even though there can only be one sportschampion of the year. Happy sports day to all.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I might watch it, but I hate the Patriots, and I'm an STL native, so the Rams is an absolute no go. If there is a way both teams could lose, I'd probably prefer that

There is pretty much no real interest in any of my group of friends this year because of this, and I've never seen that happen before