• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you watch the Super Bowl?

• Yes

Votes: 263 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 480 64.4%

• Total voters

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
Burt said:
Rams win, whatever, Eagles did it better last year. And saying the Rams have a fanbase that could actually care is an insult to all the five year olds of the country that have a longer history with their team than people cheering for the LA Rams

You mean the same Rams that were in LA for 50 years before moving to St. Louis and had a legendary rivalry with the 49ers?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Of course I will, even though I couldn't care less about either team. But I'll be watching Halftime Heat for what should be an incredible match instead of fucking Maroon 5.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The NFL is tainted for me with the owners not supporting Kaepernick, the association with drunken beer culture, and military worship. And I've never really loved the sport.

So no.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Absolutely.

The neighbor is bringing his family over. We're going to fire up the grill, have some drinks and smokes, and enjoy the game

Can't wait šŸ˜Š

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Most years I'd at least catch the first quarter and see how it's going and whether it's worth staying up into the early hours to watch more. Patriots vs Rams? Time for an early night.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I did score a nice new 4K TV thanks to the sales that usually take place during this time of the year. So ... yay?

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, have no idea - sorry šŸ˜”. I don't follow the NFL at all and the Superbowl night is more a 'America Night' born out of University that kicked back up when I met my partner a few years ago. It's just fun to see the over the top presentation mixed with a vague knowledge of how the game works, while scoffing doritos and snacks.
Haha fair enough!

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Don't watch the sportsball. Haven't had cable in nearly a decade. Wife and I are going to go pokemon and go to the movies while this is going on.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
No, it's I don't care about sports or Football nor understand any of it.

It's also on a sunday at at 00:30 and I have to work tomorrow.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
I'm usually traveling this time of year but the stars have aligned. So I get to wake up at 6am tomorrow to meet some friends, cuz I live on the other side of the world.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I may. Not super hyped about it, not even in the slightest, but I suppose it's an event.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
As an upstanding human being I hate the Patriots, as a 49ers fan I hate the Rams. Could care less about watching ads or about friggin Maroon 5 in 2019. So no.

lunchtoast

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know it was today until yesterday, and I don't watch sports.

For people who watch football - isn't it boring seeing the Patriots go to the superbowl all the time?

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching it but not excited about it. Doing the whole superb owl thing with another American expat I know from work.

I'd not I'd probably just stay home and fall asleep at halftime.

For people who watch football - isn't it boring seeing the Patriots go to the superbowl all the time?

It's like most major league sports where the same dynasties seem to always win. Champions league. La liga. NBA once with the bulls now warriors etc. MLB. Tennis.
South Korean teams in es ports lol.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I was planning to have my parents and older brother over for a combo of my dad's birthday and Superbowl party but my husband and I both woke up with the flu yesterday morning. So I'll just be watching at home by myself. My husband doesn't care for football so he will probably go and place a game in the other room. Not sure if I will watch the whole game, depends if I can stay awake that long while feeling this awful!

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I quit watching the NFL after they blackballed Kaep and how they didn't want players protesting.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Normally couldn't be bothered, but I won tickets to a work event thing today where they're giving away like 10k in prizes and shit and it's at one of the best restaurants in town with an open bar and huge buffet. So I'll watch some commercials and chat with my wife while we wait to see if we won any of the raffles.

On a related note, does anyone know if there's a place you can stream the Puppy Bowl?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think so. I've been losing interests in sports in the last 2 years.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly not to me. For one, every patriots super bowl has been down to the last drive, most of them are some of the best super bowls ever. It's kind of exciting seeing all time greatness vs just random teams. Like Saints vs chiefs just doesn't seem that interesting. Plus it's a lot easier in hindsight saying this now as an Eagles fan.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
No interest in the event itself, only interested in the movie trailers that come out of it.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm a 49ers fan and I hate both teams, but I'm going to watch the game anyways. Hated both teams last year and still watched it.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe. At this point Pats being in the Super Bowl this many time makes it look like a work, loosing the excitement.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Haven't since 2016 when I watched with friends. 2017 I was newly-arrived in DC and hadn't made friends here yet, 2018 and now my friends are meeting for it but in a post-Kaep world I'm no longer interested.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
Heck yes! This is like 2nd Thanksgiving for me, but with way more garbage food. We got wings, pizza, brats, meatballs, 3 kinds of dips, tons of drinks.

Oct 27, 2017
I will be watching, well more hate watching. I can't stand the Pats and the Rams are in the Seahawks division so I'm not a fan of theirs. Having said that go Rams.