Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Classic US to plunge the world into another recession. I just wonder whether it will be before or after they invade Iran.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Classic US to plunge the world into another recession. I just wonder whether it will be before or after they invade Iran.
The way trumps mind works he'll probably order an invasion shortly after the recession starts thinking that he can go in there, take Iran's oil and thus kickstart the economy again. He's a pathetic idiot.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One could frame it as you taking a risk exploiting underpaid manufacturing workers and getting burned. Of course it's often the only choice a small business has these days, but that just means it's a cutthroat world both ways.
Bingo. A lot of people say that China exploited the companies that set them up as the world's primary manufacturer, but those companies exploited their labor while depressing the population back home. It's not like those companies gave a shit about Chinese labor conditions either. Hell, a vast majority still don't.

Sucks hard for the small guy, but that frustration should be targeted at the people that are fucking the Chinese labor as well as domestic labor, but here we are pointing our finger at China because the help doesn't get to get a seat at the table.

Oct 27, 2017
lol we absolutely are, but keep on telling yourself that
As recently as 2008 the dems held all houses. But keep telling yourself that the US is sliding totally to the right. Never mind the dems just easily took back the House and the president despite a great economy has awful approval ratings.

Man the PRC defense force isn't trying hard at all anymore. Just throwing out nonsense in the hopes no one will call them on it.

dudefriend

Banned
Apr 27, 2019
Lol keep drinking the doomeraide and spitting out iamsmart view points.
the GOP can gerrymander their way to victory in every election from now until the end of the republic and the supreme court, which is increasingly just an arm of the GOP will back them up every time. to say nothing of the fact that as red states keep getting depopulated the electoral map will become even more favorable to republican presidential candidates.

give me one piece of evidence to contradict any of that since you're super smart and definitely not a panglossian liberal with no skin in the game

Oct 27, 2017
the GOP can gerrymander their way to victory in every election from now until the end of the republic and the supreme court, which is increasingly just an arm of the GOP will back them up every time. to say nothing of the fact that as red states keep getting depopulated the electoral map will become even more favorable to republican presidential candidates.

give me one piece of evidence to contradict any of that since you're super smart and definitely not a panglossian liberal with no skin in the game
The GOP keeps losing gerrymandering cases. But keep going.

dudefriend

Banned
Apr 27, 2019
As recently as 2008 the dems held all houses. But keep telling yourself that the US is sliding totally to the right. Never mind the dems just easily took back the House and the president despite a great economy has awful approval ratings.

Man the PRC defense force isn't trying hard at all anymore. Just throwing out nonsense in the hopes no one will call them on it.
yeah the US isn't sliding rightward, great take dude

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

I didn't say there wouldn't be challenges.

If you claim I'm optomisitic to a fault then you're ignoring straight up Trump can be voted out of office in 2020. It isn't a given that he is but there's zero guarantee he'd gets reelected either, despite what you'd say.

Gerrymandering is still being disputed in the courts and the GOP doesn't control the entire courts system.

Finally, its our country, we all have skin in the game.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Bingo. A lot of people say that China exploited the companies that set them up as the world's primary manufacturer, but those companies exploited their labor while depressing the population back home. It's not like those companies gave a shit about Chinese labor conditions either. Hell, a vast majority still don't.

Sucks hard for the small guy, but that frustration should be targeted at the people that are fucking the Chinese labor as well as domestic labor, but here we are pointing our finger at China because the help doesn't get to get a seat at the table.

Why are you giving the Chinese government a pass for abusing their domestic labor? They're not allowing the little guy at their table, either. They're working with American companies hand in hand to do this.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
rK0CkQN.png

The hate for Trump, and by extension the US, can have that effect. I totally get it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am starting to wonder if China or the US will blink on this idiotic trade war or if neither will back down and this will be our new normal for the next few years.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I am starting to wonder if China or the US will blink on this idiotic trade war or if neither will back down and this will be our new normal for the next few years.
China is getting hit significantly harder (like it's not close). If someone is going to "blink", it will likely be them. Regardless, hopefully some kind of deal get struck soon.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you giving the Chinese government a pass for abusing their domestic labor? They're not allowing the little guy at their table, either. They're working with American companies hand in hand to do this.
The Chinese aren't exploiting US workers and the "help" in that sentence is referring to the Chinese becoming a peer on the world stage instead of an easily exploitable labor force that will do anything for a dollar.

Thanks for the straw though.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
The Chinese aren't exploiting US workers and the "help" in that sentence is referring to the Chinese becoming a peer on the world stage instead of an easily exploitable labor force that will do anything for a dollar.

Thanks for the straw though.

I wasn't talking about the US workers, why are you ignoring what they're doing to their own people?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Trump really wants to win that trade war and get reelected.. I know China isn't completely innocent here but if they give in to US demands then trump will be assured reelection, that's all it comes down to. Companies are being pressured by the state department to cut ties with Huawei most likely so trump can force china to sign a trade agreement completely favoring the US in exchange for lifting pressure on Huawei.

We'll see if China's willing to take the hit. Clever escalation on Lighthizer's part.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
China is getting hit significantly harder (like it's not close). If someone is going to "blink", it will likely be them. Regardless, hopefully some kind of deal get struck soon.
I think it is going to be hard for either side to back down and be seen as the 'loser'.

I don't know how they can manipulate it so that both sides can say the other back down and declare themselves the winner. We have put them in a corner and I wonder how it ends.

You might be right that China just lays down, but somehow I am doubtful of that happening.

Nov 9, 2017
lol we absolutely are, but keep on telling yourself that

Which party won the last elections we held as a country
I think it is going to be hard for either side to back down and be seen as the 'loser'.

I don't know how they can manipulate it so that both sides can say the other back down and declare themselves the winner. We have put them in a corner and I wonder how it ends.

You might be right that China just lays down, but somehow I am doubtful of that happening.

Right? "There Will Be Conflict" seemed to indicate Huawei/China will not back down

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018

Again, eventually they will strike a deal, and both sides can spin it easily however they want. In the mean time, though, China is getting wrecked by this trade war, while it's been little more than an inconvenience to the US and the west.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't talking about the US workers, why are you ignoring what they're doing to their own people?
Because we're talking about 2 completely different things on 2 completely different scales and I was describing the relationship between US capital with domestic/foreign labor.

I have no interest in going down your rabbit hole of banality.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
It never ceases to amaze me how many China/Xi, Maduro and Putin stans there are on Era. It really is something.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably going to end with China banning the sale of iPhones or something. So much winning from pointless trade wars.

All this means for the average person is that you will have less choice when buying a phone and people will lose their jobs. Consequences don't matter as long as you get the 'win' basically the Brexiteer mentality.

Last edited:

dudefriend

Banned
Apr 27, 2019
Driving Huawei out of the United States and Europe is "10 times more important" than a trade deal with China, according to former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.

He also said he would dedicate all his time to shutting Chinese companies out of U.S. capital markets.

The remark by Bannon, a strong advocate of an "all-encompassing war" against China, came days after U.S. President Donald Trump signed an executive order effectively banning Huawei from the U.S. market and cutting off its vital components supply.

"It is a massive national security issue to the West," Bannon said, in a phone interview on Saturday with the South China Morning Post. "The executive order is 10 times more important than walking away from the trade deal. It [Huawei] is a major national security threat, not just to the US but to the rest of the world. We are going to shut it down."

Bannon did not elaborate on the supposed specific security risks of Huawei's products. The Chinese tech company has openly challenged the US claim and some major Western countries, such as Germany, have also said they have seen no hard evidence so far to back up U.S. allegations.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019...ZaMfWIOPCi9AkWDK-3hh0hnGYnv8UjrSwX-CuBR2ENZcg

foregin policy, economics and infosec genious steve bannon weighs in

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Didn't Trump say that trade wars are easy. So he was right then. If he get's China on it's knees he will get reelected. And rightly so. Because this is a very big deal.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Didn't Trump say that trade wars are easy. So he was right then. If he get's China on it's knees he will get reelected. And rightly so. Because this is a very big deal.
It's not going to get China "on its knees", but eventually some kind of deal will likely get made, and both sides can spin who won to their liking.

Oct 30, 2017
100% this. US just wants exclusivity in their spying and spying equipment.
There is so much compliance and supply chain oversight this is basically not remotely true. The federal US government buys most if not all of its compute and storage hardware from Dell EMC, for this sole purpose as zero percent of their server line hardware is sourced from China and they have unreal supply chain QA and regulation.

Huawei is bascially the opposite of that, and other infrastructure companies are a blur in between. There is a major reason why most enterprise companies in the US stopped buying Supermicro as well. The private sector is starting to follow what the feds have been doing for years, because security matters more than ebeda and people are waking up.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Again, eventually they will strike a deal, and both sides can spin it easily however they want. In the mean time, though, China is getting wrecked by this trade war, while it's been little more than an inconvenience to the US and the west.
If that is the case why hasn't it been done yet?

You could be write that they will find a way to spin it, but this is Donald Fucking Trump. As soon as the deal is reached he is going to say he made China his little bitch. I don't see them accepting that.

This seems to be an actual war. They want the other side to lose.

But hope you are right and I am wrong.