• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
Wow, I have never heard of this. Fallen Order too? Is this common? And why does PS put people on these games?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I have never heard of this. Fallen Order too? Is this common? And why does PS put people on these games?
Sony also helped Capcom with RE Village mocap (the big vampire lady specifically I think).
Just good business really, a top of the line, very large mocap studio and the teams that know how to use them aren't cheap, so opening it up to 3rd parties to use when theirs mightn't be big enough or whatever is just a way to keep it all running.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
Sony also helped Capcom with RE Village mocap (the big vampire lady specifically I think).
Just good business really, a top of the line, very large mocap studio and the teams that know how to use them aren't cheap, so opening it up to 3rd parties to use when theirs mightn't be big enough or whatever is just a way to keep it all running.
That's a good point but some of the examples in this thread seemed like there was actual dev help! Or maybe I was skimming too fast lol

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's a good point but some of the examples in this thread seemed like their was actual dev help! Or maybe I was skimming too fast lol
All we know for certain is they used Sony's mocap studio in San Diego, which is VASG's, it's something the Striking Distance studio head has talked about.
I think everything else is just speculation from some tweets having "more" in them and the PS5 being the best version. Instead of us actually knowing how more involved the studios might've been. Both VASG and the Malaysia team specialize at art and animation, so I think it's probably just more likely PS was the lead platform for the development, than the listed Sony studios helping with optimizing it for PS.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, more cost effective to make a little extra renting it out keeping it in use in between their own studios' work and in turn benefit from more higher resource mocap in more of the third party library, similar to like with movies where they're also active in most of the pipeline.

All we know for certain is they used Sony's mocap studio in San Diego, which is VASG's, it's something the Striking Distance studio head has talked about.
I think everything else is just speculation from some tweets having "more" in them and the PS5 being the best version. Instead of us actually knowing how more involved the studios might've been. Both VASG and the Malaysia team specialize at art and animation, so I think it's probably just more likely PS was the lead platform for the development, than the listed Sony studios helping with optimizing it for PS.
Agreed, given the teams like what was said back at the beginning of the thread I think they would have mainly been contracted on art and animation plus perhaps assistance with integrating some of that motion capture.

Last edited:

Cruella

May 5, 2021
It seems like VASG and Malaysia studio had in fact done a great job on the aspects they were hired to work on. Makes me even more excited for future PS games - walking through dark corridors being attacked by same-y zombies isn't enough for me, but I want to see more of these graphics in something more ambitious.