apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Darkhorse also did the splatoon books right? Room to hope there at least.

Think the reason to doubt the Xenobooks getting translated is that none of them ever have so until one does it's not something to even hope for.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Wait!
latest

This was never released out of Japan outside of the time Nintendo France gifted copies?
Like there's only 1000 copies of this in French (of all languages) in existence?
THAT is my exclusive video game item I guess!

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
How long does it take Darkhorse to localise the big Zelda books? Looks like this is August 30th in Japan. Reckon we'll see the English version in a similar timeframe?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
How long does it take Darkhorse to localise the big Zelda books? Looks like this is August 30th in Japan. Reckon we'll see the English version in a similar timeframe?
lmao no. Not before 2025 for sure. It was almost a year between the release of the Master Works book for Breath of the Wild in Japan and the Creating a Champion localization hitting the US.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope there aren't a bunch of different collectors editions of it this time. Think the creating a champion one even had store exclusive editions.

burn

Oct 27, 2017
50% off Double Fine 20-year artbook here, Ā£20 with cheap UK shipping.
indiebydesign.net

20 Double Fine Years: Standard Edition

Join us on a journey through the mind and creations of Double Fine Productions, The Worldā€™s Most Excellent Video Game Development TeamTM! Led by Tim Schafer, Double Fine is about creativity, stories and fun, its games having brought joy to zillions (millions, probably, but still pretty good)...
Or legend edition here, 50% off too, but ships from US so expensive.
indiebydesign.net

20 Double Fine Years: Legend Edition (Limited)

Limited Run Only. Join us on a journey through the mind and creations of Double Fine Productions, The Worldā€™s Most Excellent Video Game Development TeamTM! Led by Tim Schafer, Double Fine is about creativity, stories and fun, its games having brought joy to zillions (millions, probably, but...
Ugh, Brexit has made buying books from the UK too expensive. Got a 10ā‚¬ customs tax on arrival to Spain.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"The Bitmap Books team is thrilled to announce a brand new title. Authored by journalist, author, and comic book writer Dave Cook, Run 'n' Gun: A Guide To On-foot Shooters takes a look at the traditional shoot-'em-up's closest cousin. Inside its pages you'll find a meticulously crafted celebration of icons like Metal Slug, Gunstar Heroes, Midnight Resistance, Contra, Mega Man, Turrican, and Commando, as well as lesser known contributions to the form, such as Toaplan's top-down wonder Out Zone, and newer contributions including indie run 'n' gun Broforce. We'll have much more to tell you next month, as we're aiming for an early-July 2024 release. And if Dave Cook's name rings a bell, that might be because he also wrote Bitmap's own Go Straight: The Ultimate Guide to Side-Scrolling Beat-'Em-Ups. If you enjoyed that one, Run 'n' Gun: A Guide To On-foot Shooters will blow you away ā€“ LITERALLY!"

No product page on their site yet, nor price, but nice to know it's only about 2 months away.

shoal

Dec 27, 2020
indiebydesign.net

Join us on a journey through the mind and creations of Double Fine Productions, The Worldā€™s Most Excellent Video Game Development TeamTM! Led by Tim Schafer, Double Fine is about creativity, stories and fun, its games having brought joy to zillions (millions, probably, but still pretty good)...
indiebydesign.net

Limited Run Only. Join us on a journey through the mind and creations of Double Fine Productions, The Worldā€™s Most Excellent Video Game Development TeamTM! Led by Tim Schafer, Double Fine is about creativity, stories and fun, its games having brought joy to zillions (millions, probably, but...
Given everything going on at Xbox, I'm going to pick this one up.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
indiebydesign.net

indiebydesign.net

I'm in the US and ended up getting the limited edition. $7 shipping but the cover just looked so much better lol.

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
indiebydesign.net

indiebydesign.net

With all what's going on, I wouldn't sleep on this. Might be collector very soon and the last thing they make.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer. Finishing up HG101's Arcade Cult Classics book & for the first time, there's a major error in that a summary for a game was used twice for two different titles on the same page. Wonder if they're aware of the issue.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Art of Returnal delayed to November.

Preorder now up on Amazon UK (and I assume elsewhere), was previously only up on US.

Apr 19, 2018
In addition to purchasing The Art of Inside Out 2, I finally took the opportunity to also pick up the first Art of Inside Out. The latter was one of the few Pixar/Disney animated art books I didn't own, and I'm still not sure why I never picked it up till now; might have been that it went out-of-print for a time and prices spiked exponentially since, but in any case, Amazon US currently has it for a very reasonable $24.

Jury's still out as to whether Inside Out 2 as a movie will end up being any good, but a cursory leaf through of the art book indicates that it's a great visual companion piece to the first. Definitely looking forward to seeing how the new emotions shake out given the artists' comments -- and without any spoilers, it looks like we're gonna be visiting even more abstract, ethereal looking settings within the mind of Riley.

Here's a handful of shots from the sequel's art book. I've made sure to not post anything overtly spoilery -- and there's a few more shots under the spoiler tag down below so as to not monopolize the page:

inside-out2-01.jpg
inside-out2-02.jpg
inside-out2-03.jpg
inside-out2-04.jpg

inside-out2-05.jpg
inside-out2-06.jpg
inside-out2-07.jpg
inside-out2-08.jpg
inside-out2-09.jpg
inside-out2-10.jpg

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the inside out art book late last year and a lot of my pages were ever so slightly stuck together, twas a bummer.

May 17, 2024
4's definitely a chonker. iirc, 3 had a mini artbook with the CE. There's the fallout bible for interplay(?) games, but don't think it ever got a commercial printing. Not aware of anything for NV or 76, but the game guides might have some art

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
damn me, why didn't i have a fallout art phase when the 4 artbook was readily available

god knows maybe the tv show will spur them to do something. i'd take an artbook from the show tbh

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Heroes de Papel, a videogame book editorial here is doing a photobook about the last remaining game centers and arcades in Japan. Comes out in September and doesn't have much text, so I think y'all can grab it if y'all like the vibe. Should be on Amazon closer to launch too.

f.2347.jpg
f.2348.jpg

f.2351.jpg

Los Ćŗltimos game center - HĆ©roes de Papel

Libros, cĆ³mics y manga sobre videojuegos, cine, series, animaciĆ³n y cultura pop

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Heroes de Papel, a videogame book editorial here is doing a photobook about the last remaining game centers and arcades in Japan. Comes out in September and doesn't have much text, so I think y'all can grab it if y'all like the vibe. Should be on Amazon closer to launch too.

f.2347.jpg
f.2348.jpg

f.2351.jpg

Los Ćŗltimos game center - HĆ©roes de Papel

Libros, cĆ³mics y manga sobre videojuegos, cine, series, animaciĆ³n y cultura pop
Oooo, sounds right up my alley. Not only a look at what arcades look like in Japan, but also feels like a great preservation piece of arcades in general before the day where they might disappear. Has their previous books ever been translated?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Oooo, sounds right up my alley. Not only a look at what arcades look like in Japan, but also feels like a great preservation piece of arcades in general before the day where they might disappear. Has their previous books ever been translated?
Sadly, I don't think any of them has ever been localized to other languages. Which is a shame because they have terrific books about games like Vagrant Story that are terrific.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to pare down my collection a bit. Does anyone have advice on the best way to go about this? Like what platforms are good for selling, and how I can find what the going rate are for different books. Thanks!

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, The Scenes book are edited in english ? I always see them on amazon jp but never knew.

Anime Architecture is legit one of my favorite book ever.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, The Scenes book are edited in english ? I always see them on amazon jp but never knew.

Anime Architecture is legit one of my favorite book ever.

i really should read this copy on my shelf lol.

did i pimp the interview i did that is tangentally related before? i can't remember

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Have to say, I've been very unimpressed by the FuturePress Elden Ring guides. I thought it would be a quaint companion for me to replay the game before the DLC.

1. The actual physical binding is really, really bad. My Vol1 is worse than Vol2, but both really start coming apart from the weight of the pages. Though in the case of my Vol1, the very first page has basically completely come off of the glue. Incredibly shoddy imo.

2. The content is pretty hard to follow. The isolated cave maps are great. In terms of the world maps like Limgrave, Liurnia, etc. They are split across many pages. Also understandable! But then the item number key is only at the front! So if you're on pg 5 of Liurnia, you constantly have to flip back to pg1/2 to even see what the 50 icons on the map mean!

3. The NPC quests are all sequestered to the back of the book. There's no great way to make sure you don't miss quests without constantly going to the back of the book. And they rarely prompt you to go to the back. I didn't try too hard, but I couldn't figure out how any enemies or NPCs are sorted. It's kind of by appearance order, but also not really? Definitely not alphabetically.

Apr 19, 2018
My iam8bit physical version of SoSs actually came in today, but I sadly have not heard anything about my pre-order for the art book.

Same for someone here in the U.S., though I've noticed 3Dtotal's product page now states: "Please note that due to popular demand and a large number of pre-orders currently being fulfilled, shipping of this title may take a day or two longer than usual." Hopefully not much longer.

Jonnykong , just curious if you got yours through 3Dtotal as well? Do they send shipping notification beforehand?

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Same for someone here in the U.S., though I've noticed 3Dtotal's product page now states: "Please note that due to popular demand and a large number of pre-orders currently being fulfilled, shipping of this title may take a day or two longer than usual." Hopefully not much longer.

Jonnykong , just curious if you got yours through 3Dtotal as well? Do they send shipping notification beforehand?

Yeah it looks like it was 3Dtotal who sent me it.

I've got a friend who ordered a copy on the same day as me (he lives in the UK like I do) and his hasn't been dispatched either, I'm not sure what's happened there or how I got so lucky.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've just messaged my friend about it and he says he got an email claiming his book was shipped on the 16th, but he hasn't received it. Maybe he's unfortunate and his got lost in the post somewhere.