• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
has nothing to do with google images, but rather, its just google images agrees with what comes to my mind when I see the words "beaten bloody."

so what I am saying is, what comes to my mind, is what comes to what seems to be the general consensus based on google images. Whether its the general consensus is definitely debatable, but they have all our data so.

If I google "big dog" I will get a picture of the biggest dog. Doesn't mean that other dogs can't be big.

6eadfb67-0e81-4830-a23k0k.jpeg

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I mean, that statement right there is a reach tho, at least when it comes to America. I don't know the racial dynamics of Sweden and the justice system there so I cant speak on Sweden courts. but in America, that statement just does not apply. And the Central park 4 + 1 proves that.

Without a doubt, and it's just as bad here in the UK.

I'm not suggesting courts are always right at all, sorry if that's how it came across. Human prejudices are everywhere and fucking tons of people are in jail for no reason or pathetic reasons. Any country where people are doing years in prison for cannabis is also a complete joke.

But we can only make our own logical decisions based on the facts given to us, and we don't get to claim we know better than professionals when we don't have those facts - if we do, it's a different story.

Central 5 was a disgusting embarrassment, but we only know that because we know the guys didn't do it.

All I'm saying is the video seemed to completely exonerate him and as a fan of the guy I believed it because I couldn't see him doing anything like that without good cause. But the video also clearly seemed like it could be edited. It has been investigated by experts and they decided it was, and that other stuff went on beyond what's in the video. I'm happy with that decision in this case. People still going on as if the video is the entire incident and distrusting all other info are just operating with blinders because they don't want it to be true.

Definitely didn't mean to come across like court is always right, unfortunately that's not even close to the world we live in.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Central 5 was a disgusting embarrassment, but we only know that because we know the guys didn't do it.

this is many years after the fact. Hindsight is 20/20. once the court system originally made its determination, you dont think people stated the same exact thing you just did?

but I hear you on the rest of what you were saying.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get a mod to come in here and clean up the trash like last time?

Wonder if he will debase himself and take a photo with trump.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one called him that. He is a criminal though.
Does being a criminal automatically make you a bad person?

There are plenty of awful people who don't break laws. There are multiple instances of people not doing something morally wrong, but breaking a law and being punished. Judging someone entirely based on laws isn't a great outlook on life. I'm not defending Rocky, he was wrong. Maybe just save your anger for people who really deserve it. Or don't, I don't really care.

Just weird seeing so much legit anger at Rocky, and why? Because Trump tried to get involved?

Last edited:

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
this is many years after the fact. Hindsight is 20/20. once the court system originally made its determination, you dont think people stated the same exact thing you just did?

Without a doubt, and they were more than likely ignored because people were racist and blinkered.

Once again, I'm not suggesting courts are always right in any sense, that's not what I meant (or said).

I agree with the decision in this case based on what I've heard, but it's entirely possible that he is innocent and it's entirely based on racism just like the Central 5 case. In this world we unfortunately can't 100% count that out in any situation between minorities and law enforcement.

How am I supposed to know that when nothing has suggested it and the evidence thoroughly goes against him though?

Last edited:

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
so those wounds on his arm. are they from beating beaten or from falling? I'm just saying. we can't say beaten bloody then use wounds of when they fell to justify what beaten bloody means. He got hit, he feel and got wounds on his arm. Is that being beaten bloody? I'm sorry but my understanding of beaten bloody is literally getting beaten until u are bloody. the wounds from being beaten bloody are directly from the hits

"But Your Honor, I only punched him once! The pavement must have beaten him up when he fell!"

Cool to see we're reaching this point of the rhetoric. Why not go all out and just call him a thug?

Guy commits criminal assault.
Guy is found guilty of assault.
Calling that criminal is factual, not rhetoric.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018

There are plenty of awful people who don't break laws. There are multiple instances of people not doing something morally wrong, but breaking a law and being punished. Judging someone entirely based on laws isn't a great outlook on life. I'm not defending Rocky, he was wrong. Maybe just save your anger for people who really deserve it. Or don't, I don't really care.

Just weird seeing so much legit anger at Rocky, and why? Because Trump tried to get involved?
It's probably because he assaulted someone and then pretended like he was the victim. It's weirder to see people defend that shitty behavior.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
It's interesting how much this case and discourse around it resembles a normal police brutality incident except with a rapper that people like.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I mean yeah he broke the law, he's guilty. Really weird to see so much legitimate hate towards Rocky though. Like he shouldn't have done what he did, but it was pretty obvious the whole situation made him feel uncomfortable and he reacted the way he knows how.

Rocky is from Harlem, Harlem isn't roses and butterflies. It's a tough area. He doesn't know that guy, he doesn't know what he is capable of. Again he's guilty, he was found guilty, justice was served.

Let's relax and not be racist dickheads calling him a "thug". This board should know better than that.

You said what I was trying to say much more eloquently.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018

I mean beating up a guy, ganging up on him with his bodyguards and making yourself look like a victim certainly makes you a bad person.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you guys hate Rocky because trump tried getting him out of swedish jail? Not really sure what caused all the hatred of the guy in this thread
Bad take, I don't see any outright hatred in this thread. Most people are just saying the sentence is appropriate. The guy brutally assaulted someone on camera.
People love to feel righteous when they're not in someone else's shoes. It's a simple thing to understand. "The dumbshit" "the fucker" lol. It's incredible how jealous people on the internet are that they don't have what others have. It's also incredible how perfect everyone's lives are that they can pass judgement on everyone about every thing they do because no one can pass judgement on them behind their keyboards.
While this is true, this case is about the worst example to use for that claim. People don't want celebrities to be above the law, and in Sweden they clearly aren't. The US could learn something from this situation.

Jan 10, 2018
Cool to see we're reaching this point of the rhetoric. Why not go all out and just call him a thug?
I mean yeah he broke the law, he's guilty. Really weird to see so much legitimate hate towards Rocky though. Like he shouldn't have done what he did, but it was pretty obvious the whole situation made him feel uncomfortable and he reacted the way he knows how.

Rocky is from Harlem, Harlem isn't roses and butterflies. It's a tough area. He doesn't know that guy, he doesn't know what he is capable of. Again he's guilty, he was found guilty, justice was served.

Let's relax and not be racist dickheads calling him a "thug". This board should know better than that.
You said what I was trying to say much more eloquently.

Literally the only ones bringing up that word are Americans reaching for a strawman.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
what is it about this guy that people will double over to make utter fools of themselves? i'm just amazed at the consistency of how each thread goes.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
This is true. And I posted one of the first pictures google gave me. My point stands, and I'm uncertain what yours is.

You took out one photo, and said "see, it shows me this extreme case, but it doesn't mean that all dogs are this", when in reality you were shown a wide assortment of big dog photos, that overall show you what big dogs tend to look like. It's the same thing for beaten bloody.

A couple bloody lip lacerations from that photo of the guy isn't exactly that.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
You took out one photo, and said "see, it shows me this extreme case, but it doesn't mean that all dogs are this", when in reality you were shown a wide assortment of big dog photos, that overall show you what big dogs look like. It's the same thing for beaten bloody.

A couple bloody lip lacerations from that photo of the guy isn't exactly that.

I think you missed some pictures beyond the bloody lips. Go back and reread the thread.

Besides, the same goes for googling "bloody beating." There are certainly various degrees of bloodiness in the pictures that google gives me, which was the ones the poster I quoted referred to.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
I think you missed some pictures beyond the bloody lips. Go back and reread the thread.

Besides, the same goes for googling "bloody beating." There are certainly various degrees of bloodiness in the pictures that google gives me, which was the ones the poster I quoted referred to.

I'm at work, but can't login to see those Instagram photos unfortunately.

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally the only ones bringing up that word are Americans reaching for a strawman.
Celebrities commit crimes all the time. People with power and influence commit crimes all the time. Why is ASAP Rocky of all people getting so much vitriol? Let me think why it might be.

This wasn't even a premeditated crime. Yes Rocky shouldn't have done that. And he went overboard. He could've gone to Swedish police to deal with the issue if he had one. But is it really that hard to understand why a black, American man might have issue with any type of law enforcement?

Let's not pretend Europe and Sweden are some utopia of race relations. America has it's problems, but racism isn't an American problem, it's a world problem. It's pretty easy to see why some people might have a problem with the legitimate disgust some people have with not only Rocky's actions, but Rocky himself. Thankfully the Swedish court system did right by the person.

The man broke a crime, and was found guilty by a court of law. I don't know what else people want to happen to him.

And fuck Trump for getting involved.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Celebrities commit crimes all the time. People with power and influence commit crimes all the time. Why is ASAP Rocky of all people getting so much vitriol? Let me think why it might be.
What a stupid hot take. Show us the celebrities committing assault crimes that aren't getting the proper amount of vitriol on ERA.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This wasn't even a premeditated crime. Yes Rocky shouldn't have done that. And he went overboard. He could've gone to Swedish police to deal with the issue if he had one. But is it really that hard to understand why a black, American man might have issue with any type of law enforcement?

Let's not pretend Europe and Sweden are some utopia of race relations. America has it's problems, but racism isn't an American problem, it's a world problem. It's pretty easy to see why some people might have a problem with the legitimate disgust some people have with not only Rocky's actions, but Rocky himself. Thankfully the Swedish court system did right by the person.

The man broke a crime, and was found guilty by a court of law. I don't know what else people want to happen to him.

Why do you keep putting up all these strawmen? There is no justification for his actions. They were wrong. Does that make him a forever bad person? No. Does that make the judgement against him appropriate? Yes. I don't think anyone wants anything else to happen to him.

Oct 27, 2017

No not really, at least not here in Sweden, and if they do commit a crime they should be punished, just as Rocky was in this instance.

I really don't see this vitriol you're speaking of. Where have anyone said they hate Asap? He did a shitty thing and got punished. I promise you that nobody is celebrating.

Sweden is certianly no racism free zone, and I could understand why Rocky would be hesitant when the police get's involved. But in this case we have video evidence of Rocky and his friends assaulting a 125lb dude when he's on his back. It's assault, no if or buts. That's where the problem is, people are annoyed that people come in to these threads with their hot takes about "self defence".

Sweden definitely took an L on this one.

How did Sweden take the L? How?

The justice system worked as it always does, the same for everyone. Jesus Christ, these hot takes will be the death of me.

Jan 10, 2018

The mob boss of a backwater thirdworld country trying to interfere in a independent investigation, Americans trying to tell the world how much this is about race and how bloodthirsty they would have been and how unacceptable this whole situation is towards poor Rocky were the main issues for most.

And holy hell at the implication that all of Europe Era are a bunch of racists who call Rocky a thug and whatsnot.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017

I don't understand your post. Most people ITT are satisfied with his conviction and sentence. Some think Sweden is in the wrong for some reason but not for being to lenient but to harsh. And for the record most Swedish racists were rooting for Rocky.

The vitriol I've seen have been between posters on Era with different attitudes towards violence. Calling someone convicted for assault a criminal on the day of the sentencing does not seem vitriolic to me.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Strawman my ass. I know exactly what the fuck "cool to see a criminal punished" means. I could've went off but obviously their is a bias here so I'm just using this thread to fill up my ignore list.
I feel like you're ignoring important context.
There were loads of people who kept on claiming that he was innocent, the victim wasn't a real victim, and so on. People with influence, like Trump, were pressuring (or attempting to pressure) Sweden into dropping the whole thing.
Doesn't seem unreasonable for people who followed the case and felt he was guilty to use that kind of phrasing in reference to what happened before and during the trial.