• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm genuinely impressed by the visuals. Not many games achieve that. Besides, I hope more developers implement Origin's antialiasing technology. FXAA and SMAA in Destiny 2 for instance is a bad joke.
This might be the best looking game i've ever seen. As you pointed out correctly there is practically no Aliasing to be seen. It creates a utterly fantastic and immersive expirience. It beats out Horizon for me, because the worldbuilding is such a piece of art and also cuz i think Horizons sky and watereffects don't look good at all. ACO Origins nails both and everything else too.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
This game might be the best looking game i've ever seen. As you pointed out correctly there is practically no Aliasing to be seen. It creates a utterly fantastic and immersive expirience. It beats out Horizon for me, because the worldbuilding is such a piece of art and also cuz i think Horizons sky and watereffects don't look good at all. ACO Origins nails both and everything else too.

Horizon looks better, but it's on a single platform and the scope is nowhere the size of Origins or Witcher 3. Origins is the most impressive when it comes to draw distance, but then again the lack of proper weather bums me out as well.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Memphis is really bad for repeat NPCs. I can ride through and hear the same 6 Cleopatra lines overlapping each other.

I just throw fire bombs at them every time I hear it. Shuts 'em up good. But yeah, it's terribly annoying.

Memphis is probably my least favorite of the city locations in the game because I hate all of those damn rivers.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
How does a game like this which is in the top tier of most beautiful graphics ever, with a map that may be one of the biggest open worlds ever - how does this game only clock in at about 30GB's? Ubisoft did some magic here. When we got games like Doom that are corridor shooters at tripple the size.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Horizon looks better, but it's on a single platform and the scope is nowhere the size of Origins or Witcher 3. Origins is the most impressive when it comes to draw distance, but then again the lack of proper weather bums me out as well.
I was thinking of a flaw in the graphics department in Origins and yes you are right, the only thing is the sandstorm. That being said the sky in Origins looks way better then Horizons. There are a variety of cloudformations to be observed and the pure blue sky looks incredible. Plus Horizons assets around buildings aren't the greatest either.
Both are just amazing looking games, but Origins takes the cake for me. Didn't think this was possible for at least this year.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
How does a game like this which is in the top tier of most beautiful graphics ever, with a map that may be one of the biggest open worlds ever - how does this game only clock in at about 30GB's? Ubisoft did some magic here. When we got games like Doom that are corridor shooters at tripple the size.
iD games are notoriously huge though - megatextures I think?

But yeah, for this level of scale, variety and detail, 30GB does seem like a tight little package.

And speaking of optimizations, I also love how speedy the menus are compared to something like the Witcher 3. And "instant-Senu" is the coolest damn thing since "insta-steed" in Darksiders 2. Hell, Senu is the absolute best of all of the Ubi drone-mechanics. Nearly unrestricted flight, target marking, secret finding and pro-active help in combat.

Had a tiny side quest where I had to gather a Heron feather from the nearby swamplands. So I got into the reeds, crouched and invisible waiting to spot one of the birds - and just as I was about to line up a shot Senu swooped down and did the job for me. Thanks Senu!

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
I just got the game digitally on X1X and was wanting to know how to get the 4k assets. The download is 43gigs, but I don't know if the assets are there or if the update needs to be initiated elsewhere.

dcx4610

Nov 13, 2017
I'm seriously amazed at how different in tone this game is from the rest. I've played and beat all of them but this one feels much more serious.

I had my doubts about Byaek going in but he's super charismatic and likable. The cut scenes for assassination missions are very unique and well done as well.

The game has a lot of exploration and feels closer to Legend of Zelda than Assassin's Creed and for a series that needed a makeover, they succeeded.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Loving how you can headshot the cobras. And pick up the arrow again. Or burn them in flames with the fireball.
The realization of the animals in this game is detailed as it's terrifying.
Why is this world so damn amazing.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Loving how you can headshot the cobras. And pick up the arrow again. Or burn them in flames with the fireball.
The realization of the animals in this game is detailed as it's terrifying.
Why is this world so damn amazing.
And I couldn't stand all the animal antics in Far Cry 4 but I love how they work here.

I guess it helps that its my bird gashing people's faces open rather than the other way around. And there are no god damned honey badgers. That's always a plus.

Speaking of animals, is anybody getting use out of the animal charming perk? And can you just walk through town with a friendly lion at your side? Or is it more limited?

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
And I couldn't stand all the animal antics in Far Cry 4 but I love how they work here.

I guess it helps that its my bird gashing people's faces open rather than the other way around. And there are no god damned honey badgers. That's always a plus.

Speaking of animals, is anybody getting use out of the animal charming perk? And can you just walk through town with a friendly lion at your side? Or is it more limited?

Didn't try the animal charming perk for myself, but love how Senu flies above as you are mounting full speed trough the desert. Senu looks amazing on the arm of Bayek and i love how you can feed your mighty bird. I LOVE this game.
Speaking of Ubisofts legacy of animals in their game, Origins is the best to date, no doubts. I liked Far Cry 4's animals too and i'm looking forward to what Ubi pulls out with Far Cry 5 next year. We can go fishing in Montana:)

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After 70hrs and just when I thought I have seen it all I traveled to the Cyrenaika and the nearby regions...Wow the world is just amazing!

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
I'm seriously amazed at how different in tone this game is from the rest. I've played and beat all of them but this one feels much more serious.

I had my doubts about Byaek going in but he's super charismatic and likable. The cut scenes for assassination missions are very unique and well done as well.

The game has a lot of exploration and feels closer to Legend of Zelda than Assassin's Creed and for a series that needed a makeover, they succeeded.
Hearing this really gives me confidence in likely picking this up for black friday. I've been pretty turned off of the series post AC3 but would love to dive back in if things have been changed and/or refined.

Oct 25, 2017
Was wandering around the Desheret Desert yesterday and stumbled across the (Tomb spoilers)

Seth-Anat Tomb

Such a cool design, maybe one of my favorites in the game.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be so damn nice.

Or just rework the 'minimal' preset so that rather than just flat out killing most HUD elements it really just shows you what you need when you need it. I'd still like to see area names when discovering them, the nature of loot I pick up, and the like. I still think they could push a lot of necessary UI bits into the eagle vision - which in Origins seems to exist purely to highlight loot in the area. Have eagle vision put up a small beacon to the next objective and show enemy levels - or even just a marker showing if they're too tough for you to tackle, sans numbers. Have some kind of indicator when a bow shot would be a kill (maybe a gleam on the arrow head).

You can tell that Ubi devs do put in non-UI cues for several aspects of the game, but its never quite good enough to rely upon, and eagle vision is always underutilized.

And just for the record, I can criticize this game (including all the bewildering modern chatter in the dialogue) all day but in the end I'm loving my time with it, far more than I expected.

I do wish the dialogue sounded more like an episode of Spartacus (with maybe less Jupiter's cock ;p) rather than some teenagers hanging out at a mall: "Shit Bayek, its so damn good to see you" etc.

They did confirm that they are working on individual HUD options for a future patch with some speculating mid-December.

The presets suck, plain and simple. The limited and minimal presets are crap. I'm still trying to figure out why Ashraf Ismail and his team didn't implement individual HUD options to begin with since they were in Black Flag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate. It's like one step forward, two steps back.

For me, I want to turn off the compass, the detection arrow, that white glare that goes around the screen that's telling you where the enemies are and there might be a few other things.

I always keep loot info on because I like to know what im acquiring as opposed to having to look for what I just acquired in a menu. The big tutorials/reminders should also have an on/off option.

For me, from the 15 hours I played, it's mainly the horrible lack of HUD options. It's bad enough that they replaced the mini map with a compass which I fucking hate because I don't think HUD elements should ever be in the middle of the screen. The corners are always best because the middle of the screen is where all the action in the game takes place. Just waiting and hoping they don't fuck it up.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
There's no game that has water that looks as good as Origins.
Also, i can only hope that the RDR2 horse controls as well as Origins' mounts. Don't wanna go back to horrible mounts.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
They did confirm that they are working on individual HUD options for a future patch with some speculating mid-December.
Kick ass.

I would love to play this game with as minimal a HUD as functionally possible, because this game's world truly deserves it. Haven't been so taken in just exploring and walking around and gawking at everything - it stands up there with Red Dead Redemption and GTA4/5 for me.

Please do it right Ubi. Its a win for the game, for its artists and techs and for the players. It'd also add that extra level of difficulty and engagement (in terms of having to pay attention to the details) AC games always need imho.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Also, i can only hope that the RDR2 horse controls as well as Origins' mounts. Don't wanna go back to horrible mounts.
One of my favourite things to do is diving and look upwards to the surface and seeing boats go by and the sun beams going trough the surface only to enlighten the bottom of the sea. Has never been better looking in a game before.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Idk man, watch dogs 1&2 water is pretty sweet and gta V too!
Also are the clouds volumetric. Like I'm a bit amazed how the sky looks and how the clouds form, like they look puffy like they should be but don't loose clarity /definition like for example horizon. Cause in that game sometimes it looks like a video of sky, even tho I know it's not

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the story. Level 36 and 44 hours. Guess we know who the main character is gonna be in the next game lol.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Idk man, watch dogs 1&2 water is pretty sweet and gta V too!
Also are the clouds volumetric. Like I'm a bit amazed how the sky looks and how the clouds form, like they look puffy like they should be but don't loose clarity /definition like for example horizon. Cause in that game sometimes it looks like a video of sky, even tho I know it's not

You can't swim underwater in Watch Dogs though, and GTA V... PC looks really good, but on consoles it's not as good as this. For it's time though it looks awesome. Origins does need dolphins... and sharks.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
I have to say this game is great, it doesnt feel like a normal Ubisoft game to me. I liked Black Flag, but it felt like a bunch of systems and content copy pasted a ton. Whilst this does have some of that, it feels like they've trimmed and refined things back a lot. Its more like an RPG and a world.

And the game is just so fluid everything flows so perfectly and smoothly. The way Bayek moves, he can climb just about anything, and its obvious, where he can climb without making glowing handholds. It instantly jumps into, the bird. You can pick up items whilst still running around, the menus open instantly, flow in and out of combat, it just flows like few other games I've played.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all the input! I ended up getting both HZD, Origins and Wolfenstein 2 during early access the B.B. Black Friday. I will be busy for some time. ;)

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason I should be upgrading gear?
If you're attached to a particular legendary weapon and you wanna keep it that's a reason. In my case, i had a weapon called Mustapha's Blade it had an "Insta Charge" bonus but it started feeling weak considering it was level 30 when i got it and i was 35-36, so i just upgraded it to boost it to my current level.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
ZKlJU6V.jpg

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
You mean

Aya/Amunet?

because if so:

that actually ties into AC lore from the previous games. We know from AC2 that Amunet was the assassin who killed Cleopatra. Her being Aya makes sense.
It totally is. Which would be great. Hopefully we'll still have some playable chapters with you know who. A reverse situation in Origins 2 would be great.

I Honestly don't think this series can sustain a trilogy given the next gen break in 2020, but a killer duology with some meaty DLC in between would be fantastic.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It totally is. Which would be great. Hopefully we'll still have some playable chapters with you know who. A reverse situation in Origins 2 would be great.

I Honestly don't think this series can sustain a trilogy given the next gen break in 2020, but a killer duology with some meaty DLC in between would be fantastic.

Only as long as
they're not set in Rome. I had enough Rome already from AC2 and Brotherhood.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars

What levels are these DLCs going to be pegged at?

Fucking levels, man... why?

Am interested in new regions, but just as interested at the possibility of expanding the dailies concept to keep players revisiting the world Ubi has already painstakingly created. More challenges and side missions would be all kinds of appreciated, as long as the balance of challenge is there.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
40 bucks?

I guess I can't refuse at that price. I'm jumping in tonight and I'm hoping the RPG elements won't ruin it for me.