Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, so I think that was my issue starting off. Need to start thinking more Diablo, less almost every Ubisoft game ever.

Don't sell your weapons either. Break em down for gear upgrade materials. You'll be rotating your melee loadout pretty frequently even after you start getting legendaries (unless you upgrade them, which gets costly later on.

Good call. Gonna keep this purp spear for life. Is there any point in switching weapons? I guess those perks on there.

Power, moveset, range, some are better against groups, different passives, different speeds, different supers, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, so I think that was my issue starting off. Need to start thinking more Diablo, less almost every Ubisoft game ever.

Good call. Gonna keep this purp spear for life. Is there any point in switching weapons? I guess those perks on there.
You'll get yellow/gold (Legendary) weapons as well, those have the best stats. Until you find them, keep your favorite purples.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Lighting up a torch and stepping into an old tomb is an awesome feeling, and they nailed it here.

Don't sell your weapons either. Break em down for gear upgrade materials. You'll be rotating your melee loadout pretty frequently even after you start getting legendaries.

Power, moveset, range, some are better against groups, different passives, etc.

Thanks for the tips. Golds are legendary I assume? Haven't seen any of those yet.

Deliro

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I ask what you mean? I really disagree and I feel like Im taking crazy pills seeing how much love this game gets. Love the AC franchise but this isn't an AC game at all.
It's a very good game, that's it. Problem is that the AC franchise except for BF (partially) and Syndicate play like complete dog poo, so you can't make a good game if you stay true to the AC formula.

What exactly can't you understand when a good game is called good just because it doesn't fulfill your criteria for the umpteenth zombified version of the same old AC formula?

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
So am I supposed to turn off internet before completing quest for the exploit? Because I got the reward right away without talking to Reda.
Funnily enough the exploit doesn't work with yesterday's quest, gotta wait for today's, it works better when you gotta return to Reda.
Can I ask what you mean? I really disagree and I feel like Im taking crazy pills seeing how much love this game gets. Love the AC franchise but this isn't an AC game at all.
I feel it got rid of anything stale about the series and innovated in all the right ways. Saying it doesn't feel like an AC game /at all/ is really disingenuous.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Why linger in a thread for a game you dislike?

Am I not allowed to post lol? Like come on. Im genuinely curious. I want to know what Im missing and maybe change my attitude.

It's a very good game, that's it. Problem is that the AC franchise except for BF (partially) and Syndicate play like complete dog poo, so you can't make a good game if you stay true to the AC formula.

What exactly can't you understand when a good game is called good just because it doesn't fulfill your criteria for the umpteenth zombified version of the same old AC formula?

I just feel like each mission is exactly the same (find/rescue in a camp that looks the same), the enemy and companion AI is awful, the loot system is basically upgrading to a new uninspired weapon every 2 minutes, and the combat isn't fun.

I don't enjoy the lack of social stealth or free running. You can climb anything so it doesn't feel like you are strategic in approaching a wall since you basically hold X to go up. And there is no smoothness to going down a building aside from dropping straight down (by holding O) which is changed from Unity/Syndicate.

Also, you have less tools at your disposal to distract guards and assassinate them

I loved the franchise except for AC3 so this is a departure for me.

Funnily enough the exploit doesn't work with yesterday's quest, gotta wait for today's, it works better when you gotta return to Reda.

I feel it got rid of anything stale about the series and innovated in all the right ways. Saying it doesn't feel like an AC game /at all/ is really disingenuous.

What did you find stale if I may ask?

I dont think it feels like an AC game at all. Which if you didnt like AC before, probably helps. If you did like AC, you probably dont see this as a similar game from previous intallments

offdutyninja

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I not allowed to post lol? Like come on. Im genuinely curious. I want to know what Im missing and maybe change my attitude.

I just feel like each mission is exactly the same (find/rescue in a camp that looks the same), the enemy and companion AI is awful, the loot system is basically upgrading to a new uninspired weapon every 2 minutes, and the combat isn't fun.

I don't enjoy the lack of social stealth or free running.

I dont think it feels like an AC game at all. Which if you didnt like AC before, probably helps. If you did like AC, you probably dont see this as a similar game from previous intallments

I loved AC1 and AC2 but after that I grew tired of the formula and heavy reliance on the same mission types that I hated. Tailing missions were the biggest atrocity and caused me to quit AC4.

On the flip side I love open world games and loot games. This game has given me both of those things in spades! IMO this might be the best open world this gen and I am loving the loot system and combat. I beat the campaign the other day and now I plan to 100% it. I haven't beaten an AC game since 2 so for me it is a vast improvement. I like killing way more than hiding as an Assassin so the loss of tailing missions and social stealth is a gigantic bonus for me.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia

I don't enjoy the lack of social stealth or free running. You can climb anything so it doesn't feel like you are strategic in approaching a wall since you basically hold X to go up. And there is no smoothness to going down a building aside from dropping straight down (by holding O) which is changed from Unity/Syndicate.

Also, you have less tools at your disposal to distract guards and assassinate them

I'm the most faithful fan of the franchise you can find, and was super bored of Ezio try hards, single monotone cities, uninteresting storylines and a gameplay loop unchanged since 2009.

This game is what Breath of the Wild was to Zelda. A blessing. It doesn't mean the past games were bad, far from it, but the franchise needed a radical departure to build from there.

It might still have some rough edges, but the base is so good, the sequels could approach GOAT tier.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
*Facepalm* I cursed AC:O having buggy audio since I didn't get 5.0 output. But apparently last big Windows update had reset my audio channels in Windows.

Surround audio is a gamechanger.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I loved AC1 and AC2 but after that I grew tired of the formula and heavy reliance on the same mission types that I hated. Tailing missions were the biggest atrocity and caused me to quit AC4.

On the flip side I love open world games and loot games. This game has given me both of those things in spades! IMO this might be the best open world this gen and I am loving the loot system and combat. I beat the campaign the other day and now I plan to 100% it. I haven't beaten an AC game since 2 so for me it is a vast improvement. I like killing way more than hiding as an Assassin so the loss of tailing missions and social stealth is a gigantic bonus for me.

I've 100%every AC game Ive played (AC1, AC2, Rev, Brotherhood, AC3, Unity, Syncidate) and this is the first one I literally cant wait to finish.

I'll agree tailing missions aren't the most fun in games but I find the missions where you have to get someone out of a moving jail cart be really frustrating too. I just wish there was more variety.

I normally love loot games too but I find none of the loot to have any personality. And upgrading your weapon every 2 minutes with a new find makes me not really feel special about finding special loot since there are really only a few weapon types in the game. I find in this game, I cant really be stealthy and I have to kill everyone as oppose to knock out certain people.

And the loot like the costumes, mounts don't change your stats, no?

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the most faithful fan of the franchise you can find, and was super bored of Ezio try hards, single monotone cities, uninteresting storylines and a gameplay loop unchanged since 2009.

This game is what Breath of the Wild was to Zelda. A blessing. It doesn't mean the past games were bad, far from it, but the franchise needed a radical departure to build from there.

It might still have some rough edges, but the base is so good, the sequels could approach GOAT tier.

I totally agree that AC3 and Unity were definitely Ezio clones of guys who were too egotistical but got it together in the end. Can't say I disagree but I found the cities just as engaging in Syndicate/Unity though Egypt was my most requested setting before this!

I just disagree about the base game being good. The base game was better in previous versions. Dont love that they took free running/social stealth out is all.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
I totally agree that AC3 and Unity were definitely Ezio clones of guys who were too egotistical but got it together in the end. Can't say I disagree but I found the cities just as engaging in Syndicate/Unity though Egypt was my most requested setting before this!

I just disagree about the base game being good. The base game was better in previous versions. Dont love that they took free running/social stealth out is all.
Sometimes a game doesn't click with you, personally I think this game does everything better than any other in the franchise except for storytelling which was compromised for freedom, but it's ok if you think differently.

You saying they took free running from us does raise my eyebrows, this is the free-est running ever made lol

Hopefully the next one is more suited to your tastes. I'm sure it's gonna be a killer game.

offdutyninja

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've 100%every AC game Ive played (AC1, AC2, Rev, Brotherhood, AC3, Unity, Syncidate) and this is the first one I literally cant wait to finish.

I'll agree tailing missions aren't the most fun in games but I find the missions where you have to get someone out of a moving jail cart be really frustrating too. I just wish there was more variety.

I normally love loot games too but I find none of the loot to have any personality. And upgrading your weapon every 2 minutes with a new find makes me not really feel special about finding special loot since there are really only a few weapon types in the game. I find in this game, I cant really be stealthy and I have to kill everyone as oppose to knock out certain people.

And the loot like the costumes, mounts don't change your stats, no?

I have had some bugs with some missions and in fact one where I was supposed to "rescue" mouse from a jail cart but he was just standing in the road with a diamond over his head and I couldn't interact with him in any way. I switched to a different mission and went back to that one later and he was in his cart cell for me to rescue. Hopefully they can work the kinks out with these types of bugs.

I love the loot system and find each of the different weapon types has their own nuances to learn and understand. Learning what type of weapons and attacks work against different types of enemies has been awesome for me. After the lack of variety in all the previous AC games in regards to combat and weapons I am shocked you feel these weapons lack personality. I have a trove of legendaries that I haven't upgraded yet because I had a couple I've stuck with mostly but the various bonuses like poison, fire, etc. give them a ton of personality.

It really sounds like this game just didn't click with you and while that may suck as a fan of the franchise, it happens to the best of us. I hope you find something to like here but if you haven't yet, I doubt continuing to play it will change that for you.

Ayrtonsenna84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where can i find some deadly weapons? The Captains realy hard to kill. Stopped to play the main missions,chasing after good weapons lol!

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Should I spend a point on that skill that lets you get arrows out of your shield?

PS: I'm level 20 and haven't really needed it.

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017
Having to switch to the parameter menu seems a bit tedious.
Farming the Anubis fight was easier. After completing the quest you could reset it by dying or quiting to the main menu. It was only1000 xp and 250 drachs but I felt like it was enough.

I would do that but I'm level 34 and Anubis is 40 no?

i love checking out the Legendary weapons

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Are these trial of the gods going to be coming up again? I'm only level 26 at the moment. Making the recommended level 40 is a bit steep :(

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes a game doesn't click with you, personally I think this game does everything better than any other in the franchise except for storytelling which was compromised for freedom, but it's ok if you think differently.

You saying they took free running from us does raise my eyebrows, this is the free-est running ever made lol

Hopefully the next one is more suited to your tastes. I'm sure it's gonna be a killer game.

No shame in that. I hope the next one is suited to my interests. Sucks but it is what it is. I find that I never have to free run and there is no strategy to free running. Feels like the cities arent really designed to free run. I havent done much free running yet and I am level 25.

Better to have loved than to not have loved at all...right?!?!!?! *breaks into tears*

I have had some bugs with some missions and in fact one where I was supposed to "rescue" mouse from a jail cart but he was just standing in the road with a diamond over his head and I couldn't interact with him in any way. I switched to a different mission and went back to that one later and he was in his cart cell for me to rescue. Hopefully they can work the kinks out with these types of bugs.

I love the loot system and find each of the different weapon types has their own nuances to learn and understand. Learning what type of weapons and attacks work against different types of enemies has been awesome for me. After the lack of variety in all the previous AC games in regards to combat and weapons I am shocked you feel these weapons lack personality. I have a trove of legendaries that I haven't upgraded yet because I had a couple I've stuck with mostly but the various bonuses like poison, fire, etc. give them a ton of personality.

It really sounds like this game just didn't click with you and while that may suck as a fan of the franchise, it happens to the best of us. I hope you find something to like here but if you haven't yet, I doubt continuing to play it will change that for you.

I'll finish it cause no sense in not but it may help if I just explore a bit first. Just feel like the combat on horse also kinda sucks but thats just an overall AC issue.

I feel like no matter the enemy, I can just take my highest upgraded weapon and spam r1 and win the fight. Im just not a fan of the combat and unfortunately, this game has a lot of combat as the assassinations arent as fun.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
I would do that but I'm level 34 and Anubis is 40 no?

i love checking out the Legendary weapons
Yes lvl 40 for Anubis. With their weird system level a lol 34 can't do anything. For the moment the Anubis fight isn't available anymore. It will probably come back with the next step of the gods trial but we don't know when for the moment.

Edit: oh the trial of Sobek is available (lvl 40), I'll check if we can farm it too.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
No shame in that. I hope the next one is suited to my interests. Sucks but it is what it is. I find that I never have to free run and there is no strategy to free running. Feels like the cities arent really designed to free run. I havent done much free running yet and I am level 25.

Better to have loved than to not have loved at all...right?!?!!?! *breaks into tears*

I'll finish it cause no sense in not but it may help if I just explore a bit first. Just feel like the combat on horse also kinda sucks but thats just an overall AC issue.

I feel like no matter the enemy, I can just take my highest upgraded weapon and spam r1 and win the fight. Im just not a fan of the combat and unfortunately, this game has a lot of combat as the assassinations arent as fun.
Did you try using traditional controls? It does wonders on making the game feel like a natural evolution from the old ones.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
I am using the default controls. I assume those arent traditional
Welp, there's your problem.

Use traditional, it controls just like Syndicate, which does wonders for muscle memory and, truth to be told, makes the game feel like it belongs with the rest of the series.

I think the new controls were a mistake, but people like them, so I'd think it'd be nice if they kept the option in the future.

The bad news is that at this point you would have to restart the game to get used again hahaha

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, there's your problem.

Use traditional, it controls just like Syndicate, which does wonders for muscle memory and, truth to be told, makes the game feel like it belongs with the rest of the series.

I think the new controls were a mistake, but people like them, so I'd think it'd be nice if they kept the option in the future.

The bad news is that at this point you would have to restart the game to get used again hahaha

I dont know if thats my problem with the whole game :p but I will give it a shot tonight.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
I dont know if thats my problem with the whole game :p but I will give it a shot tonight.
Believe me, it's a game changer, specially combat wise. I can't for the love of God understand why the Souls series thought mapping combat to the floaty triggers were a good idea, and ACO copies that system.

Battling with the face buttons is easier snappier and actually more fun. I went from getting my ass kicked in every fight to become an steamroller as soon as I switched styles.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I keep waiting for a sub-$50 sale that isn't coming.

Have they fixed the double-DRM, CPU melting bullshit on PC yet?

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Lighting up a torch and stepping into an old tomb is an awesome feeling, and they nailed it here.
One of my favorite small touches in the tomb delving is that you can light the torch sconces (just get close enough with Bayek's torch and he's set the alight). Helps you to brighten the place up and to keep track of where you've been. And if they're already lit you can tell there's been some recent activity.

Guess they got that from the Witcher too.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, the atmosphere and lighting effects are incredible. I love that the tombs are genuinely pitch black if you put out your torch.

I accidently put out my torch in one and freaked out for a second until I remembered I was safe in my living room. They did a great job.
(I have a fear of being buried alive.)

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I keep waiting for a sub-$50 sale that isn't coming.

Have they fixed the double-DRM, CPU melting bullshit on PC yet?

'It's $69.99 for the gold edition on the US PSN store right now for this next week only. I wanted to make a thread but I guess I can't as this is my second post on the "new" site. If anyone wants to, please go ahead.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA05855_00-EDITIONGLDACE000

Is that a good price? It equals gamestop's BF price now. I'm thinking of jumping in but would like to hear opinions first. Thanks.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Going back to Horizon, where I can't climb everything kinda sucks. I hope Uncharted ledges go extinct.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit you can get all the skills? I've been paranoid that you are limited and would have to choose.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on when 1.05 is arriving on PC? We are still on 1.03, its crazy that its been so long since we had a patch